We spent a portion of our anniversary trip in California at this beautiful location. The staff was amazing even before we arrived. The concierge arranged for multiple private winery tours for us in a chauffeured car as well as champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us in our room when we arrived.
We checked in at the guard gate when we arrived and he gave us directions to the reception where we checked in. The staff was friendly and helpful in every way.
The first night there after dinner at the grill (which was very good) the staff helped us moved to another room (even though it was very late in the evening) due to a crying baby in the room beside us. They carried our bags in their carts and helped us settle in the new location. We never had any problem with staff in the reception area or the restaurants. Everyone in our experience was friendly and attentive.
The property is lovely, and the rooms as clean and lovely as well. The wooded location up above the pool area was a quiet and charming location. The only negative for me was that to leave the room upon checkout it was difficult to carry the luggage down stairs and pull them up the path to the car. They may have helped if we asked. We were fine, but ... be aware of this if you are someone who might have difficulty with heavy luggage that some of the units are up or down steep paths and have stairs.
The winery tours they set up for us were just wonderful, including some tours by the winery owners themselves. The chauffeur was charming and knowledgeable and the car was very comfortable.
We had breakfast every morning at the grill. We were here for four days and tried a new item each day for breakfast and everything was wonderful. One thing we had to have every day were their English muffins. You MUST try these. The best we've ever had and unlike anything we have had before. We were away each day so we never tried lunch on the property, but did have the tasting menu one evening the The Restaurant which was quite good.
We would highly recommend this property. It is very close to everything in Napa and Sonoma, but you feel worlds apart from all the hustle and bustle in this lovely wooded location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meadowood is a center of social, cultural and viticultural life in Napa Valley and a second home for those who enjoy the beauty and hospitality of the wine country. The property features championship croquet lawns, seven tennis courts, a nine-hole walking golf course, hiking trails, swimming, a full-service health spa, wine experiences, an annual cultural affairs calendar, guest rooms, suites and cottages and Michelin three-star dining in The Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Jetsetter, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Meadowood Napa Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meadowood Napa Valley Hotel St. Helena
- Meadowood Napa Valley Resort
- Meadowood Napa Valley St. Helena, CA