The grounds are large - depending on where your cottage is, it'll be a bit of a walk to the front desk and restaurant. Mine was near the entrance, so i was as far as you can get from the front desk while still being on the property. They give you a map, but if you are directionally-challenged like I am, you may get confused if you get off the road and use the walking paths. Also, there's not much lighting, so at night, stick to the road and watch out! There are pools and tennis courts but did not get a chance to use them.
Service was excellent, as you would expect - I love how they collected my name at the front gate, and then welcomed me by name when i pulled into the registration area parking lot.
Food was awesome - from the cookies, crackers, lemonade, and wine in the lobby to all the food and drink that was served. The Illy coffee machine in the room was the icing on the cake. I was at Meadowood for a corporate function so i never made it to the Restaurant proper, but the breakfast, and multi-course lunch and dinner were delicious, presented well, and service was excellent.
Rooms are cottages - as others have noted, the paths to some of the more remote cottages can be tricky: lots of small rocks and pebbles on a slope = ball bearings, so if you're not careful walking, you can definitely slip. If you look closely at the vaulted ceilings, you'll see worn areas and spider webs - i guess this is to be expected since the property and grounds are rustic with plenty of trees (and meadows!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meadowood is a center of social, cultural and viticultural life in Napa Valley and a second home for those who enjoy the beauty and hospitality of the wine country. The property features championship croquet lawns, seven tennis courts, a nine-hole walking golf course, hiking trails, swimming, a full-service health spa, wine experiences, an annual cultural affairs calendar, guest rooms, suites and cottages and Michelin three-star dining in The Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Meadowood Napa Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meadowood Napa Valley Hotel St. Helena
- Meadowood Napa Valley Resort
- Meadowood Napa Valley St. Helena, CA