We recently attended a conference at Meadowood that was hosted by a luxury European watchmaker. We had not been to Napa before so we were thrilled we would have the opportunity to experience Napa, several winery tours, our favorite watch company and personnel, fabulous food, and the unique property of Meadowood. It couldn’t have been more delightful, and Meadowood facilitated much of our itinerary.
Some highlights would include:
The resort staff made our check in and departure very easy. The staff was genuine and eagerly delivered five star service. Transportation to and from San Fran was quick and seamless.
Our individual cottage perched on the treed hillside was very spacious, and created a secluded feel that was a nice getaway from our urban/suburban norm. The bathroom – while not Four Seasons – was nicely appointed, and perfect for what we needed. I agree with previous posts that commend the furniture, linens, and free Wi-Fi. In addition, firewood was neatly stacked (and replaced) daily in the room. We enjoyed a fire each night, and it made for a very charming conclusion of day.
To properly educate us on wines and the related production process, the hotel’s wine expert Gilles de Chambure was used for basically two days. Gilles is a Master Sommelier (certified wine expert) and he is very good about not only his subject matter, but in communicating this subject to us. His informed and fun personality really made our trip memorable, and I might add he arranged a number of private winery tours and lunches that just aren’t publically available. If possible, include Gilles in your plans.
Some of our conference was staged at the Napa Valley Reserve. This facility is a private club next door to Meadowood that includes a winery and nice indoor and outdoor meeting areas. It was perfect for our small group, and very high end.
Last, our final dinner was staged by chef Christopher Kostow and was beyond special. The Restaurant has a three stars rating by Michelin that only ten in the country so hold. After experiencing a multi course dinner and multi wine pairings – this top rating by Michelin is well deserved. Our dinner was in a private room and was spectacular.
If you are contemplating using Meadowood for a corporate or group event – I would strongly endorse this fine property, and their well trained staff. Our time was productive and restful as we fully enjoyed the best of Napa Valley!
- Also Known As:
- Meadowood Napa Valley Hotel St. Helena
- Meadowood Napa Valley Resort
- Meadowood Napa Valley Hotel
- Meadowood Napa Valley St. Helena, CA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meadowood is a center of social, cultural and viticultural life in Napa Valley and a second home for those who enjoy the beauty and hospitality of the wine country. The property features championship croquet lawns, seven tennis courts, a nine-hole walking golf course, hiking trails, swimming, a full-service health spa, a wine educator, an annual cultural affairs calendar, guest rooms, suites and cottages and Michelin three-star dining in The Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Otel, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Meadowood Napa Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.