“I think the chef and servers are in the back eating burgers laughing at the fools eating the goat and twigs they are serving.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Restaurant at Meadowood

The Restaurant at Meadowood
900 Meadowood Ln, St. Helena, CA 94574-9620
+1 707-967-1205
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Meadowood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 41 restaurants in St. Helena
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Silverado Trail
Moorestown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

It is what it is- super fancy - many interesting presentations, constantly told by the servers that"chef invites you to taste this and that- look I am used to some wonderful dining and this was a unique experience - if you want something unique and precious this is the place, If you want a great meal that isn't pretentious then this is not your place- for two of us with only one wine pairing it was over $900 so there you have it
I am not that fancy and I think it's silly call me classless - I still think the chef and servers are in the back eating burgers laughing at the fools eating the goat and twigs they are serving.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

74% Recommend
SF native in Ohio
“Impeccable service, food from a fairytale!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

So much has been written about the food at Meadowood, that I really can't add much. I thought the yogurt/shiso/sesame dish, which was framed in a beautiful bowl surrounded by rocks and twigs was the best thing I had ever eaten in my life....until we were served that stunning, 4" slice of duck breast. Perfectly moist, crackly skin, artfully seasoned. I could cry just thinking about how good it tasted.

However, the story I can add is about the level of service. I am extremely sensitive to perfumes and scents. About midway through our dinner, a woman walked in who absolutely reeked of Dior Poision. Although she was seated at least 4 or 5 tables away on the other side of the room, I could taste her perfume and couldn't taste my food. I mentioned it to our server. Shortly afterwards, I saw Chef Kostow come out...and then magically, the air conditioning venting in the room was changed and the scent was blown away from me and I could enjoy my dinner. Noteable was that I don't think she ever knew what an issue she caused. That is service!

• Visited June 2012
Madison, WI
“Sublime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Chef Kostow blew us away with each and every plate. The food was completely approachable and delicious. His plates wound us through all of the bounty Napa has to offer, and a few from the nearby coastal region. The restaurant was lovely, the staff delightful, courteous and helpful. We had a magical evening, go!

• Visited August 2012
Adelaide, Australia
“Stunning!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Service was amazing, food was spectacular!! Best dinner experience from our trip around the US. Will defiantly dine again when in Napa!

Visited June 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
“Fabulous dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This was my favorite experience in Napa. We thoroughly enjoyed our 5 year anniversary dinner at the Restaurant at Meadowood. The tasting menu exceeded our expectations and all of the staff was accommodating and friendly. The food was so beautiful that I didn't want to eat several of the dishes because they were so pretty (although I did eat them all and each dish was amazing). Although each course is small, I almost begged our server to not bring any more food by the end of the meal because the courses just kept coming and I was so full from all of the delicious food. This was an experience unlike anything else and I hope to return to this restaurant at our next visit to Napa.

• Visited July 2012