“Casual upscale in Napa Valley” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tra Vigne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in St. Helena
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Californian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 29
Description: Tra Vigne Restaurant, nestled in the heart of Napa Valley's historic St. Helena, delivers a captivating blend of old world Italy and the fresh, local ingredients of wine country. The vine covered building has tall, grand ceilings. Adjacent is the mesmerizing Tuscan Courtyard, and a canopy of trees with festive white lights offers diners "al fresco" dining in a restaurant that celebrates its 25th year in the Napa Valley. The menu at Tra Vigne represents the marriage of two of the world's most renowned culinary regions: Tuscany - defined by hearty pastas, meats, cheese and olive oil and Napa Valley - a destination that celebrates fresh, local ingredients with a focus on artisanal preparation designed to highlight its acclaimed wines.
Danville, CA
“Casual upscale in Napa Valley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Solid restaurant, great ambience and good food. Only reason I didn't give a 5 star rating is that it is a bit noisy and this, found myself shouting a bit to carry a conversation at my table! In spite of the noise, I would definitely come back and sit out on the patio next time.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cameron Park, California
“Great ambiance, good service, fair food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Tra Vigne has great ambiance, whether eating inside the re-purposed nicely decorated and high ceilinged industrial building with open kitchen and very nice bar or outside on the patio. Noise level is acceptable for a large open room although, through no fault of restaurant, there was a loud, self-proclaimed expert on everything at a table across the room that needed to be gagged. Food was nicely presented only just OK. While my halibut was excellent my wife's organic baked chicken was dry as a bone and tough as shoe leather (I am glad it was served with a steak knife) and molten lava cake for dessert was miniscule. Service was very good and our waiter was knowledgeable and dry-witted. It's too bad that food quality does not match atmosphere and service level.

Visited July 2014
San Francisco, California
“Relaxed Elegance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Twelve of us sat in a large corner booth in the bar area. The service was excellent and the food was wonderful. The restaurant has a lively atmosphere but the acoustics kept conversation easy. I had the Halibut with fresh peas and salad. It was amazing. I almost liked the peas better than the fish. Almost! The Tiramisu was the tastiest I've had in years. The covered patio looked like a beautiful alternative for warm nights, with twinkling white lights covering all the trees. We will be back!

Visited July 2014
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Fabulous food and a fun time !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Returning to Napa Valley after 10 years, we wanted to return to Tra Vigne and so happy we did. We were seated on the Terrazzo overlooking the Tuscan Courtyard, a lower patio area where a wedding rehearsal dinner was being celebrated with music. It was almost like being invited to the party.
We began our dinner with my wife ordering the arancini which we have made at home, but the best we ever had before was in Lucca, Italy. We followed up with heirloom tomatoes and I enjoyed the white corn soup, really excellent. For entrees we ordered the braised rabbit pappardelle and I had the smoked and braised short ribs. Those short ribs were one of the best meals I have ever had. I still dream about that dinner. Our waiter, Jim H., was entertaining as well as being helpful and service forward. Fab food, entertainment, and service made this a memorable dinner and the next time we are in Napa Valley (hopefully not 10 years from now) we will be back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Best pizza ever, seriously”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The Gorgonzola fig pizza is one of the best things we ever ate. I can't wait to come back to Napa to get this again. The mozzarella that they stretch over the italian bread with olive oil is amazing as well. And don't sleep on the heirloom tomatoes, they are great everywhere in Napa.

• Visited October 2013