“An Extraordinary Find!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 94 Food & Drink in St. Helena
More attraction details
Owner description: Napa Valley Wine Excursions specializes in custom wine tours in the Napa Valley guided by a Napa native. As the owner of Napa Valley Wine Excursions, it is my pleasure to create a unique wine tour experience for you that only a Napa native can provide. Having lived here my entire life, I have been fortunate enough to have established strong relationships with many of the most exclusive wineries in the Valley. With a background in the wine industry as well, I am equipped to create an experience for you that will give you a true taste of what the Napa Valley has to offer. Your day can include visits to the vineyards, caves, and tasting rooms of Napa’s most famous wineries. In addition, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the novelty of exceptional wines in the cellars and homes of family-owned, boutique wineries. I will also snap photos of your tour with a professional camera and provide them to you at no additional cost.
Los Angeles, California
“An Extraordinary Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was my first time to Napa and Sonoma, and oh how Paul Bailey spoiled my family and I! He is so personable it’s like he is a part of the family, all the while he is spitting out knowledge of the history of the valley. From the beginning when we planned the trip, he tailored everything to our tastes; specific varietals we were interested in to the types of wineries we wished to visit (commercial vs. smaller family style). He took care of all the reservations and watched the clock so we didn’t have to worry about anything but tasting wine and enjoying each other’s company. He even acted as our own private photographer, which is especially nice to get shots of the entire family when normally one (being myself having the camera) gets left out of most of the pictures. In between wineries Paul took us to local markets to fuel up and get some great snacks! The food selection was great with all the cheeses, meats, sandwiches, etc. but the shops themselves were so quaint! An experience in and of itself. We had Paul for two days and are really glad we did, we wouldn’t have done it any other way! I will never forget this experience and will recommend him to anyone and everyone going to the Valley. He’s a gem! Thanks again Paul!
-Marissa

New York City, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“everything and more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

It was so great having Paul take us around. He was very knowledgable and personable. We made the right choice with Paul as our guide. He took us to some off the beaten paths wineries. He also gave us lot's of information and was a pleasure to spend the days with. We hope to make it back to Napa and Paul will be the first person to call for an enjoyable experience in Napa.

Visited March 2013
Redondo Beach, California, United States
“Personable and Knowledgable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Paul was so great to have as our driver/tour guide! We thoroughly enjoyed how comfortable he made us right from the start and how knowledgable he was of the many different vineyards and history of the valley. He made the experience that much more enjoyable :) My family was celebrating my mom's 60th birthday and we really had such an amazing time! I would definitely recommend him to anyone who wants a private tour with a personal touch, it felt as if he were just one of our friends showing us around.
- Nicole

Berkeley, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The only way to go!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

One word: Amazing! I can't begin to say enough positive things about Paul. The experience is truly a unique one. Rarely are you able to speak with winemakers while they pour you a glass of wine while sitting on their deck overlooking a beautiful vineyard. Since going on his tour I have recommended him to everyone I know. I can't stop talking about the fun I had. Let me tell you for me to make a recommendation I have to be truly impressed and know that someone can deliver with such excellence each and every time.

Highlights:
--Wonderful, smaller family vineyards makes for a very intimate experience
--Don't have to deal with the crowds
--Don't have to worry about getting a designated driver--everyone can partake on the fun because Paul and his counterpart are there to pick you up at your hotel and drive you to every location!
--With that being said you don't have to deal with parking.
--Your trip is already laid out for you catered to what YOU like!
--Paul is full of a ton of information. He even helped us find the place we stayed at.
--He orchestrated ordering lunch for all of us to pick up for our picnic.
--He had chilled bottled water for us.

Overall, every little detail was carefully thought out to really make our day special. I know there are more great things I may have left out but I just wanted to make sure I put up a review ASAP so that everyone can know how much fun it is.

Thanks Paul!! Will be seeing you again soon!

Visited March 2013
Ohio
“all five star? yes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Our first trip to the Valley. We traveled with another couple. Paul gathered info from us to help plan a tour day that was ideal. The personal relationships he has in the Valley allow him to provide clients with a remarkable experience. We will absolutely travel with him again if we return, and can't recommend him highly enough.