“Great food and great decor” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in St. Helena
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Charter Oak
Description: Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch showcases the seasonal, ingredient driven American farmhouse cooking of Stephen Barber. The ingredients in the Farmstead kitchen are foraged from local sources and feature Long Meadow Ranch's all natural grass-fed beef, organic and sustainably produced eggs, fruits, vegetables, extra virgin olive oil, and honey - as well as ingredients from local artisan producers.
Sacramento, California
“Great food and great decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

This is my new favorite spot in wine country!! The service was great and the food was even better. We ordered more food than was possible to consume and it was worth every bit! Started with the cheddar biscuits, artichoke and potted pig. All were outstanding! Then our main courses were fried chicken and the heritage st louis rib-fall off the bone kinda ribs! Must mist go, this will be a stop for us everytime we are in wine country.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I ordered the asparagus quiche with salad and my husband ordered eggs hollandaise with ham, hash browns and a side of bacon!!! Not his everyday meal fortunately.
My food was delicious and my husband was equally pleased. I tried the hash browns which I thought were the best I have had but admittedly it is not something I eat very often.
The bacon was good also.
The service was very good and overall we really enjoyed the experience.
Only downside is that it was quite noisy inside so if I return I will ask for a table outside. We would have done that but we arrived a bit early for our reservation and they could only seat us inside at the time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kenwood, California
“Perfect Wine Country Dining!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a delightful spot in the heart of Napa Valley. The location at the South edge of St. Helena couldn't be more perfect. The setting is reminiscent of an old farm, but very up to date with rustic elegance. The outdoor seating areas are lovely and there is wine tasting and a produce stand on the property as well. We had the smoked beef sandwich on their signature potato bun (delicious!) and the blue cheese coleslaw. Yummy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax, California
“Scrumptious comfort food well worth the visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I dined at Farmstead recently with a business group of 12 people. We had a set menu served family style and everyone enjoyed it. The St Louis ribs were featured and they were some of the most delicious I've ever eaten. The gnocchi is extreme comfort food! I'd say the only drawback is the poor acoustics of the room; it was difficult to talk with everyone at the table. Otherwise, service was great and I'd definitely return with another person or smaller group.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Excellent farm to table food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We enjoyed all of our food at Farmstead. Everything was fresh and well prepared. Would have gotten a 5*, but service was a little bit lacking, but not terrible. Would still highly recommend.

Visited March 2013