“Hall St. Helena Winery and Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 87 Activities in St. Helena
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: HALL Wines is a family-owned, critically acclaimed premier Napa Valley vineyard and winery with five estate vineyards of classic Bordeaux varietals. As a specialist in Cabernet Sauvignon, each vintage the winemaking staff crafts 15 distinct Cabernet blends which demonstrate the unique characteristics and diversity of the Napa Valley. Their highly rated wines have included the 2008 'Kathryn Hall' Cabernet Sauvignon selected as Wine Spectator's #2 wine in the world in 2011, the 2010 'Exzellenz' which received 100 points from Robert Parker in 2013, and the 2006 'Exzellenz' selected as Wine Enthusiast's #1 wine in the world in 2009. HALL's Napa Valley estate vineyards are Certified Organic and employ cutting-edge vineyard technology to yield the highest quality grapes. In addition, the HALL St. Helena winemaking facility was the first LEED(R) Gold Certified Winery in the State of California, making HALL Wines a pioneer in the use of green buildings in the wine industry. The site maintains one acre of solar panels on its roof and uses 100% recycled water throughout its processes. Each of HALL's spectacular winemaking facilities, HALL St. Helena and HALL Rutherford, showcases installations from the Hall family's extensive modern art collection.
Elkton, MD
6 attraction reviews
“Hall St. Helena Winery and Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

As most of these reviews state, Hall makers some great wines, in partciular their cabs. We took the production and wine tasting/cheese pairing tour and loved it. The tour was one of the most informative we've been on. Sol was a great tour guide/educator and spent a lot of time with us. Since we were the only ones on the tour, it was more personal which was also great.
Next time in Napa we're going to try to visit their Rutherford location.

Visited November 2012

5 attraction reviews
“Nice winery.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place has good wine. Tastings are fun. You can get an iPod, and follow the video tour thru the vineyard. Pretty cool. Again, this place has good wines. We stayed in Napa for 5 days, and this place had our favorite wine. Devin knows has stuff.

Visited October 2012
8 attraction reviews
“Not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Aside from the wonderful wine, the winery is beautiful.Do not miss the cave tour.We went in October during the harvest season. The tour was not rushed or crowded and the drive up to the winery was an attraction in itself. I will visit this winery every time I come to NAPA

"The caves are finished with handmade Austrian brick recovered from sites in and around Vienna and showcases select works from the Halls’ art collection. Deep inside the caves resides a dazzling reception area for private tastings and entertaining. The room’s spectacular chandelier, designed by Donald Lipski and Jonquil LeMaster, is dressed in hundreds of Swarovski crystals.Tours of the winery offer guests a truly world-class winery experience to include a tasting of HALL’s most regaled wines along with an intimate tour through the property and caves."

Visited October 2012
Seattle
“Horrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

First let me start by saying, these wines are incredible. I immediately decided to become a member. I visited in August and in First let me start by saying, these wines are incredible. I immediately decided to become a member. I visited in August and in September my credit card was charged. The third week of October I began inquiring where my wine was. I left 3 messages over a period of a week and a half and 2 emails. I never got a response. I finally called American Express and disputed the charge. A day later I received a call from Hall telling me my wine was shipping that day . I explained to him what happened and he said yeah I'm sorry .... Really? 2 weeks and you can't respond . I explained I was canceling my membership and disputing the charge and he says ok, we hope to see you again on your next visit to Napa... Really? Obviously this guy is clueless. Sorry Hall, great wine, but your staff is ruining your reputation !

HALL_Wines, Marketing Coordinator at HALL St. Helena, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your post Crazy about Sun. We are delighted that your experience at the winery exceeded your expectations, and that you joined as a member of the winery. Our intention is always to provide the best service to all of our guests, and we are sorry that we failed to meet on our promise. We would love another opportunity to showcase our wines and our winery – with our without a commitment to order wine. Thank you, Jeff Zappelli, Director of Membership 707-967-2620 | jzappelli@hallwines.com.
Antioch,
“Great Winery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is a great place to taste some excellent wines from Napa. The newest release of Kathryn Hall is yummy. Love the outdoor patio to sit with fellow guest. Weather in September is the best time after the holiday. Fewer guest and more time to send with the guest who come in.

Visited September 2012
HALL_Wines, Marketing Coordinator at HALL St. Helena, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
So glad that we could spend quality time with you. And I agree our "Kathryn Hall" Cabernet is oustanding. I just served it last weekend with BBQ Oysters topped with garlic butter and smokey bbq sauce!