“Horrible customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 94 things to do in St. Helena
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: HALL Wines is a family-owned, critically acclaimed premier Napa Valley vineyard and winery with five estate vineyards of classic Bordeaux varietals. As a specialist in Cabernet Sauvignon, each vintage the winemaking staff crafts 15 distinct Cabernet blends which demonstrate the unique characteristics and diversity of the Napa Valley. Their highly rated wines have included the 2008 'Kathryn Hall' Cabernet Sauvignon selected as Wine Spectator's #2 wine in the world in 2011, the 2010 'Exzellenz' which received 100 points from Robert Parker in 2013, and the 2006 'Exzellenz' selected as Wine Enthusiast's #1 wine in the world in 2009. HALL's Napa Valley estate vineyards are Certified Organic and employ cutting-edge vineyard technology to yield the highest quality grapes. In addition, the HALL St. Helena winemaking facility was the first LEED(R) Gold Certified Winery in the State of California, making HALL Wines a pioneer in the use of green buildings in the wine industry. The site maintains one acre of solar panels on its roof and uses 100% recycled water throughout its processes. Each of HALL's spectacular winemaking facilities, HALL St. Helena and HALL Rutherford, showcases installations from the Hall family's extensive modern art collection.
Seattle
3 attraction reviews
“Horrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

First let me start by saying, these wines are incredible. I immediately decided to become a member. I visited in August and in First let me start by saying, these wines are incredible. I immediately decided to become a member. I visited in August and in September my credit card was charged. The third week of October I began inquiring where my wine was. I left 3 messages over a period of a week and a half and 2 emails. I never got a response. I finally called American Express and disputed the charge. A day later I received a call from Hall telling me my wine was shipping that day . I explained to him what happened and he said yeah I'm sorry .... Really? 2 weeks and you can't respond . I explained I was canceling my membership and disputing the charge and he says ok, we hope to see you again on your next visit to Napa... Really? Obviously this guy is clueless. Sorry Hall, great wine, but your staff is ruining your reputation !

HALL_Wines, Marketing Coordinator at HALL St. Helena, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your post Crazy about Sun. We are delighted that your experience at the winery exceeded your expectations, and that you joined as a member of the winery. Our intention is always to provide the best service to all of our guests, and we are sorry that we failed to meet on our promise. We would love another opportunity to showcase our wines and our winery – with our without a commitment to order wine. Thank you, Jeff Zappelli, Director of Membership 707-967-2620 | jzappelli@hallwines.com.

Antioch,
“Great Winery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is a great place to taste some excellent wines from Napa. The newest release of Kathryn Hall is yummy. Love the outdoor patio to sit with fellow guest. Weather in September is the best time after the holiday. Fewer guest and more time to send with the guest who come in.

Visited September 2012
HALL_Wines, Marketing Coordinator at HALL St. Helena, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
So glad that we could spend quality time with you. And I agree our "Kathryn Hall" Cabernet is oustanding. I just served it last weekend with BBQ Oysters topped with garlic butter and smokey bbq sauce!
New Haven, Connecticut
16 attraction reviews
“Great Wines at Hall Winery in St. Helena”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Hall Winery has great wines. The cabernet was especially delicious! The staff here is friendly and informative. Not only did they recommended a restaurant for dinner, but they even called and made a reservation for us!

Visited August 2012
Thank you for the compliment! Besides our Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon we offer 8 small lot artisan cabernets ti visitors and club members. I hope you had a chance to taste the new release of the "Kathryn Hall".
Oakland, California
6 attraction reviews
“Excellent Line-up of Wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

We stopped by because the HALL Cabernet was rated #1 last year. Although the tour was excellent, the wine was over-the-top. We skipped the whites and went straight for the reds. The cabs were great, both the consumer version and the $100 bottle. However, they had the best Syrah I've ever tasted. Prices for wines were pretty good compared to other wineries.

San Diego, California
7 attraction reviews
“Hall Rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I'm always pleased with the Hall tastings and cheese pairings. Enjoy the outdoor patio seating, even on a hot day the trees provide a nice atmosphere and shade for a quiet place to sip and enjoy the wines. Looking forward to the upcoming improvements and remodeling they plan to expand their tasting and experience.

Visited August 2012