“Walk the grounds, skip the wine” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 87 Activities in St. Helena
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
Activities: Wine tasting, Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Beringer Vineyards embodies the timeless appeal and seductive flavor of the Napa Valley. As the region's oldest continuously operated winery, we offer guests the opportunity to experience a winemaking tradition dating back more than 130 years.Visit the historic Rhine House, taste our celebrated wines in the Old Stone Winery or take a tour and learn more about our wines and history.
Chicago, Illinois
33 attraction reviews
“Walk the grounds, skip the wine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Once we arrived here, we were sent to the historic house for a red wine tasting. The house was neat to see inside but there's not much of it you can see. (We didn't take an arranged tour of the winery.) The tasting was $20-$25 which was very pricey for me. And that was to taste only 3-4 wines. I thought the wines weren't up to the hype. Some that I tasted were over $100 a bottle and I thought they were terrible. Kind of a let down for me. Beautiful property and grounds though. There are better wineries to visit.

Panama City, Panama
9 attraction reviews
“Nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

It was fun, the hotel Vino Bello Resort gave us free coupons for wine tasting . They hv 3 diff tasting areas.

Visited March 2014
Wesley Chapel, Florida
8 attraction reviews
“A look at History”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

If you are in Napa and want to see some old wine caves, this is the place. enjoyed browsing the grounds, multiple tasting options including private. Main tasting room is somewhat touristy and a little crowded as you are tucked in a tight space.

Mountain Top, PA
3 attraction reviews
“Bottoms Up!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

My sister and I were traveling in the San Francisco area and decided to drive to Napa Valley and try a little wine tasting. My favorite wine is Beringer so the decision was easy. I mostly drink Beringers White Zinfadel but was pleasantly surprised that I knew absolutely nothing with paring the wine with its partners. The grounds were gorgeous and the cave tour was so much fun also learning of the Beringer Brothers history. I tried wine that I would never have tried and to my surprise, I loved so many. At the end of the tour we went into a beautiful building, wished I could have toured that house, and yet another wine tasting. I never have tried an expensive wine, more than $50.00 but was encouraged to try a port that was accompanied by a piece of dark chocolate. The taste was amazing and it wasn't a hard decision that I had to purchase a bottle. Learned a lot on this tour, enjoyed the grounds and we spent a wonderful day at this beautiful location for a fee of $40.00. Absolutely will do it again, worth our time and money.

Visited March 2013
Algonquin, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
“Beringer Cave Tour... There's better options when touring Napa Valley.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Beringer Cave Tour... There's better options when touring Napa Valley.
At $50 per couple, entry-level wine enthusiasts are better served at other large-brand producers.
The half-hour "cave" experience includes 3 retail-available wines including a Rose, nothing spectacular or worth the fee.