“Better than sleeping in the car” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Motel - Sacramento
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4317 Madison Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95842   |
Ranked #39 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Bothell
“Better than sleeping in the car”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stopped here on a road trip through CA for the night. Neighborhood is sketchy, lots of homeless folks wandering around talking to themselves, even on a cold night. Tough to navigate into the check in area, the hotel is off the road and there is a small sign to direct you in, around and behind the restaurant in front.

Check in was relatively easy with a reservation. Staff was friendly, courteous, and helpful. Had to book two rooms and they put us next to each other without any hassle. No elevator, so we had to schlep the luggage up the stairs one floor. Parking lot had no issues but I was concerned that one of the sketchy homeless folks might try to swipe our bicycles. I was very happy to get up in the morning and see them still on our rack.

Room was comfortable and spacious for a $50/night room. 2 double sized beds, outlets were a little tough to locate for the CPAP and device chargers, but we unplugged the lamps and made due. Room was a little chilly, turned on the heat and the room was warm in hardly any time at all. Hubby turned it off and I didn't realize until I woke up freezing in the middle of the night. Doesn't seem to be an easy temperature adjustment to keep it comfortable, we set it to 64F and it was roasting hot so I guess it is either off or on.

Shower was a little measly, but it was warm (with some scalding and cold phases as pressures adjusted in the building). All of the necessary items were there. Nothing extra, but nothing missing either.

Breakfast was pretty lame. Don't book this room for the free breakfast. I've had far worse, but it wasn't much. I always hope that these places will have waffles, I was disappointed. The waffles are precooked and you toast them in the toaster. No hot waffle iron here. Just a little 4 slice toaster, a mini fridge with a few small yogurts, bread, sweet rolls, coffee, juice, and cereal. Probably adequate for a family traveling with small children who just eat carbs anyway, or a light snack.

For the price, I was adequately satisfied with the experience. You get what you pay for here, a comfy bed, clean room, hot shower, toilet, and a little bite of food on your way out the door.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
RENO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed one night, all seemed fine until the following day when I started itching mainly on my hands and arms, when I got home I noticed red bumps on my hands and arms and by the day after that had big red bumps on my arms, hands, neck, ear, shoulders and upper torso. I emailed the hotel and went to the super 8 where I live to show them that's where I got the corporate 800 number. I received an email from corporate that said all the hotels are independently owned and there's not much they can do and that they'll get the owner to contact me within 3 days well it's been 3 days and 8 days since I stayed in that hotel and no contact guess they've gotten to big and just simply don't care about the guest.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Motel - Sacramento? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Motel - Sacramento

Address: 4317 Madison Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95842
Location: United States > California > Sacramento
#2 Best Value Hotel in Sacramento
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Motel - Sacramento 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Motel - Sacramento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Motel - Sacramento Hotel Sacramento
Super 8 Sacramento
Super Eight Sacramento
Sacramento Super 8
Sacramento Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 Motel - Sacramento, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.