“Best chocolate chip cookies ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 64 Bakeries in Sacramento
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast
Sacramento
“Best chocolate chip cookies ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was traveling in Wisconsin and stopped off at a bakery that ruined chocolate chip cookies for me, because they were so good, even day old. Every cc cookie I had afterward paled in comparison. Three years later, someone recommended Freeport Bakery as a must for bakery and pastries. I stopped there while in the area and bought some cake pops for the kids, and on a whim, a couple chocolate chip cookies. I was blown away. How was it that I never knew about this place when I actually worked in Sacramento for eight years? (Actually, it's probably a good thing I didn't. Now, it's an hour's drive to get there, which makes the anticipation that much sweeter, and resisting temptation that much easier!)

• Visited October 2012

Sacramento, California
“Best place for anyones sweet tooth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Freeport bakery is one of the cutest bakerys i have ever been to! For my fathers 66th birthday i went there to get him a pie due to the fact that if my father could have his way he would of gotten the chocolate cake but since he is a diabetic we settled for pie. Ill have you know that there berry pie is one of the greatest pies my father has ever had! I myself i am not a pie person but Freeport bakery now has me hooked! I really recommend this place to anyone with a sweet tooth.

• Visited September 2012
“Oh, the scones!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I usually try to stay away from bakeries, but can't resist this place for special treats. My favorite breakfast treat is a scone with coffee so take home enough to have for a couple of days. My husband is the one with the sweet tooth so he likes everything that Freeport makes.

Visited September 2012
Sioux City, Iowa
“for all chocoholics!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

enjoyed a flourless choc. cake. talk about rich. don't forget to pour a large glass of ice cold milk!

• Visited September 2012
Sacramento, California
“Consistent Quality and Creative Fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The pastries, cookies and breads are great, but I mostly buy cakes for both family and business. No matter the size of the cake--and most can be ordered as full sheets--the presentation and quality of the ingredients are evident. I prefer the cakes frosted with whipped cream or ganashe; buttercream is too heavy for me. Samples: Boston Cream Torte, Chocolate Charlotte (mousse on chocolate cake), Fruit Basket (buttermilk cake filled with strawberries and bananas wrapped in whipped cream), Fleur-de-lis (alternating buttermilk and fudge cake, raspberry preserves, buttercream), Shadow Fresca (fudge cake with strawberries and whipped cream filling and frosting), Seville Marnier (orange poppyseed cake, infused with Grand Marnier, layered with chocolate whipped cream, frosted with chocolate ganashe), and a new one of late that is chocolate cake, chocolate ganashe, and light salt on top. Enjoy!!

• Visited July 2012