“Couldn't have made a better choice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Sacramento

You added The Westin Sacramento to your Saves list
The Westin Sacramento
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4800 Riverside Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95822 (Formerly Le Rivage Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #21 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Redding, CA
“Couldn't have made a better choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My husband and I decided on a short weekend getaway to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. The staff was aware it was our anniversary and gave us a very nice upgrade on our room. We were thrilled with our river front view from our upstairs balcony AND romantic gas fireplace in our lovely room. I don't want to forget to mention that the staff had a handwritten and signed anniversary card waiting for us in our room as well. Our stay was friendly, welcoming, comfortable and quiet. I would seek them out next time I need a place to stay in Sacramento.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Other reviews had me highly concerned that the parking situation was going to be such a disaster that I'd be forced to pay for valet (which I had no interest in doing.) So here's the deal. The "complimentary" self-parking is sort of behind and to the side of the hotel. I only stayed one night but it was a Saturday, which I'd imagine is probably one of the busier for the hotel. I left and returned three times in that one day and never had trouble finding parking....yes, some times I was able to park closer than others but it never took me more than 3 or 4 minutes to walk to the door. The shuttle was running as well on two of my three trips but I opted to walk. Bottom line, don't let the other reviews about parking freak you out. As others have mentioned, yes, the smell is great and I found the room to be in good shape and well-stocked. I also used the gym and ate at the bar of the restaurant.....had a good experience at both.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Pullman, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As soon as you walk into the lobby, your senses are overcome with the most glorious smell ever and the elegant lobby is delightful as well. We had a large room with a view that looked out over the river. Our bathroom was amazing, with a beautiful 4 legged bathtub. As beautiful as the rooms and property were I do not believe the rooms are worth the price that was paid. I would most definitely stay here again, if it was on a company tab.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Rancho Cordova, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Where to begin with this horrid experience. While the bedside rooms are comfortable the customer service is anything but!!! My now wife and I had our wedding (hosted by attached Scott's Seafood). As part of the event planning we booked a block of rooms for our guests. When guest called in to make a reservation, they were told they didn't see a block of rooms. I had to be the the person that worked with both our guests and the hotel to make sure everyone had a reservation. It was a disaster and stress that I really didn't need. If you are looking for a really disappointing experience, make sure you work with the group reservations manager Yvonne. She will make sure to screw everything up and then proceed not to call you back when you call her. You will get the same thing out of the hotel manager Travis. He was about as useless as they come. I guess that why the hotel staff is so unorganized though. It starts at the top and works its way down. When were getting ready for our wedding, the hotels water heaters stopped working and both of us had to take cold showers. When I called the front desk about it all they had to say is that we will send someone up. No one ever came. I had gotten an additional room for our kids. They charged us twice, so now I have had to spend more time and effort to resolve that issue. The Westin should really replace the two people mentioned above and re-evaluate what I would call standard business practices related to customer service.

Our wedding was beautiful thanks to Leslie Boykin. She is probably the best wedding coordinators out there. Sweet, organized and friendly.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Travis L, Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear David,

We are committed to providing exceptional service, and we are sorry that you were disappointed with your experience. Thank you for mentioning that your wedding turned out beautiful. We wish you and Sabrina all the best. Congratulations to both of you.

Kindest Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel has the best location in the Sacramento area. When I need to get away this is my go to place to stay at to relax. The staff is very welcoming and the rooms are always sparkle clean. I have stayed here many times and so did my friends and we all had a great experience. Thank you

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Dear Mirela L,

Thank you for your review. It's great to see you are able to enjoy some relaxation when you visit. We look forward to seeing you again.

Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2015

As a native of Sacramento, CA, I never had a need to stay at The Westin (formerly the La Rivage). When I visited Sacramento after moving, I knew I had to stay at The Westin.

I was very pleased with my room. The view from my balcony was great. The bathroom was spacious and the bathtub was great for relaxing.

I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Stay in a room overlooking the river to avoid the noise from I-5
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Austen A,

Thank you for staying with us when you came back to Sacramento. We're very happy to see you were pleased with your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back!

St. Helena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2015 via mobile

We visited the Westin Sacramento for a short spring break getaway with our two boys, ages 8 and 4. The hotel is beautiful, comfortable, clean and well appointed and the staff are friendly, professional and seem to always be right there to help without ever being intrusive. We were really pleased with our room; it was spacious and beautifully furnished. Our boys loved the old fashioned tub and the heavenly beds lived up to their billing. Our balcony overlooked the river and we were able to take in all the action on the dock; despite the activity, the room was very quiet and peaceful.

The pool and spa get top marks; we especially enjoyed the ease of ordering room service and having a leisurely meal at one of the pool's umbrella tables. The restaurant, Scott's, was busy with guests and locals; a sure sign of great food and service. The kids menu offered several taste and healthy selections and we enjoyed the fresh seafood selections.

The bike and walk trail that runs between the hotel and the river and dock was a great outlet with kids. I am glad we brought along the boy's scooters. We also enjoyed the bocce courts and fire pits (perfect for evening s'mores).

We've definitely found our home away from home in Sacramento!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Travis L, Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, April 19, 2015
Dear George B,

We couldn't have said it better ourselves! Thank you so much for staying with us. We're glad your boys enjoyed the visit as well. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

The Westin Sacramento

Been to The Westin Sacramento? Share your experiences!