“Great hotel in Sacramento” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Sacramento

You added The Westin Sacramento to your Saves list
The Westin Sacramento
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4800 Riverside Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95822 (Formerly Le Rivage Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #21 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
San Jose, California
“Great hotel in Sacramento”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We just stayed here last night. What a hidden jewel. The front desk staff is very friendly. I had an issue with a light and they sent maintenance right up. I didn't have the light switch on. The maintenance guy was great. The front desk called a few minutes later to make sure my issue was fixed. I had a massage at the spa and enjoyed it as well. I had there signature massage. It is a combination of deep tissue and hot rocks. We ate at Scott's Resturant for both lunch and dinner. I had a crab and shrimp sandwich that was amazing. For dinner we had halibut and filet. Both were delicious.

Room Tip: River view is beautiful.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacqueline H, Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back!

The Westin Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

I'm a business traveler who is on the road most of the time. I look for hotels that are quiet, comfortable, have stand-up showers and cold a/c.
How I rate:
* - I left the hotel and went elsewhere
** - I stayed, but wouldn't return
*** - Would return if I had to
**** - Enjoyed the stay
***** - Hotel of choice in the area

Spent one night in this hotel while meeting a client. Driving by this hotel I wouldn't expect it to be a Westin. It's out of the way, sitting sort of on it's own along the riverside. I found it to be a nice change from my usual hotel in a city center. I was upgraded to a larger room upon check-in.

The hotel is a mid-rise property (less than 10 floors) and it appeared the restaurant drew a some locals. My room on third floor faced the river with a balcony, gas fire place and spacious bathroom with tub and shower. The AC worked well and I found the bed to be comfortable.

My only hesitation about coming back was that the room had a heavy potpourri-esque odor. I don't like strong smells, even if they are pleasant. Also, when I arrived a wedding party was wrapping up outside, though they finished well before I was ready to go to bed, and I don't know how often these occur, being a smaller property it may be hard to get off the ground enough to get away from event noise.

All-in-all, I'd come back to this hotel the next time I had to do a night or two in Sacramento. Any longer and I'd probably try to find something more in the city or nearer to restaurants. No fault of the hotel there--just a preference.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Jacqueline H, Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, November 7, 2014
Dear bearpster,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It's great to see that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

The hotel is a good hotel with comfortable beds and good dining. Lovely decor.
However the old fashioned air-conditioner in our room beat out a rhythm when off and then, with a bang, started a loud rhythm when it was on.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Marina P,

Thank you for staying with us and writing a review. Please accept our apologies for the issue with the air conditioning unit in your room. Our goal is to create an exceptional experience for our guests, and we are sorry that the noise issue was not resolved to your complete satisfaction. We do hope you would consider a return trip in the future.

Respectfully,

The Westin Team
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

Before i booked our stay for last weekend, I read all the reviews and i did see some complaints about wedding noise on the weekends. Let me be more clear - if you want a room overlooking the river, you're going to enjoy the wedding music also. That is a guarantee. Not sure what time these weddings end at? But if this is a problem for you, then get a room overlooking the parking lot. We did and it was absolutely no issue for us at all. We enjoyed strolling through the back area with the fire pits and the wedding music. There are trails and landscaping which was really delightful. The entire grounds were very beautiful, much more so than i had expected and it was very lovely being able to have an area to exercise the dog and the toddler. No wonder they have a lot of weddings here! Their restaurant - Scott's Seafood is also attached and has great food and a nice bar. The hotel itself was immaculate, the service staff were around everywhere and always very friendly and available. Check in was quick and flawless and no one blinked at my old Belgian Malinois (sort of like a German Shephard dog). The hotel does not charge for dogs which is almost unheard of i think? And the fact that it is a perfect hotel in every respect makes it my #1 place in the Sacramento area to stay. The room itself was also immaculate - the bathrooms are elegant and large. They have all the amenities (and more) that you could ever ask for. The room was a great size for the two of us, our toddler and the dog. The bed was incredibly comfortable. Really - i can't think of anything bad to say! Ok except maybe, if i were being super uber picky, I would ask for a larger bathroom countertop. But because it was perfect in every other way, i forgive this slight imperfection :-) Thanks Westin! We'll be back every chance we get and we'll send all our friends/family there too! LOVE!

Room Tip: Forget getting a room overlooking the river (on weekends) stay in a room on the other side of the ho...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dear LJS114,

Wow! Thank you for your review! We're so pleased you enjoyed the hotel grounds, your room, and the quick service. We aim to exceed expectations, and it's great to see you had such a memorable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Redondo Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2014

I really enjoyed this place. It's quiet, and a bit out of the way--that's a good thing. The rooms are great, the restaurant is super and you're right on the river and a running trail. The hotel is also right next to the freeway, so I suppose that side might be a bit louder. The gym is ok. In either case, compared to staying downtown amongst the masses... This is a great option, pool, firepits and bocce. I'm in for a return trip next time I'm in town...

Room Tip: get the river side if you can
Dear fozzetti,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and writing a review. It's so nice to see that you enjoyed staying with us. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back the next time you are in town.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

I've stayed in Westin's that were not really Westin quality. This is not that.
Nice location...nice look and the rooms were up to standard with the greatest bed ever!
Plenty of work space and a roomy bathroom with separate shower and claw foot tub added a nice touch.
Would recommend especially with a Scott Seafood house attached to the lobby area. Great food and service there also

Room Tip: Try to get one on the river side
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Jacqueline H, Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, September 29, 2014
Dear Bentleys5,

Thank you for staying with us! We're so pleased you enjoyed the hotel and Scott's Seafood. We look forward to welcoming back soon.

Corona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

I spent three nights there recently. The property is an oddly shaped parcel hugging a placid stretch of the Sacramento River in an otherwise residential neighborhood. Interstate 5 directly to the east is screened by trees and shrubs and it's noise is barely heard. There were two large weddings with receptions on the lawn by the river, but again the noise was not exceptional. The staff was very young, but friendly and helpful. I had a single queen in a large quiet room with a nicely appointed bathroom. The hotel is immaculate and quiet enough to take a weekend retreat there. I was attending a conference and other than the a/c in the meeting room was on the cool side the setting was excellent. The big drawback is parking. There is plenty of valet parking, but self-parking is extremely limited due to the long thin shape of the property. The staff is always ready with an electric cart to give rides to and from the self-park lot and even to temporarily park your car in valet until a space opens up. The restaurant, Scott's Seafood is excellent, with quality, well-presented dishes, a beautiful patio overlooking the river, and friendly staff. Staying at the Westin Sacramento is definitely a restful, memorable experience and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room with a river view, but the rooms on the opposite side are quiet and have v...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Jacqueline H, Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Dear Cabrillo1542,

We're so pleased that you had such a memorable experience staying with us during your conference. Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Management Team

Been to The Westin Sacramento? Share your experiences!