“Best business travel hotel in town” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Sacramento

Save Saved
You added The Westin Sacramento to your Saves list
The Westin Sacramento
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4800 Riverside Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95822 (Formerly Le Rivage Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #20 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Redondo Beach, California
“Best business travel hotel in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I really enjoyed this place. It's quiet, and a bit out of the way--that's a good thing. The rooms are great, the restaurant is super and you're right on the river and a running trail. The hotel is also right next to the freeway, so I suppose that side might be a bit louder. The gym is ok. In either case, compared to staying downtown amongst the masses... This is a great option, pool, firepits and bocce. I'm in for a return trip next time I'm in town...

Room Tip: get the river side if you can
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've stayed in Westin's that were not really Westin quality. This is not that.
Nice location...nice look and the rooms were up to standard with the greatest bed ever!
Plenty of work space and a roomy bathroom with separate shower and claw foot tub added a nice touch.
Would recommend especially with a Scott Seafood house attached to the lobby area. Great food and service there also

Room Tip: Try to get one on the river side
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Jacqueline H, Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Bentleys5,

Thank you for staying with us! We're so pleased you enjoyed the hotel and Scott's Seafood. We look forward to welcoming back soon.

The Westin Management Team
Corona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I spent three nights there recently. The property is an oddly shaped parcel hugging a placid stretch of the Sacramento River in an otherwise residential neighborhood. Interstate 5 directly to the east is screened by trees and shrubs and it's noise is barely heard. There were two large weddings with receptions on the lawn by the river, but again the noise was not exceptional. The staff was very young, but friendly and helpful. I had a single queen in a large quiet room with a nicely appointed bathroom. The hotel is immaculate and quiet enough to take a weekend retreat there. I was attending a conference and other than the a/c in the meeting room was on the cool side the setting was excellent. The big drawback is parking. There is plenty of valet parking, but self-parking is extremely limited due to the long thin shape of the property. The staff is always ready with an electric cart to give rides to and from the self-park lot and even to temporarily park your car in valet until a space opens up. The restaurant, Scott's Seafood is excellent, with quality, well-presented dishes, a beautiful patio overlooking the river, and friendly staff. Staying at the Westin Sacramento is definitely a restful, memorable experience and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room with a river view, but the rooms on the opposite side are quiet and have v...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Jacqueline H, Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Cabrillo1542,

We're so pleased that you had such a memorable experience staying with us during your conference. Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Management Team
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We got in late after a long days drive from Arizona. It was wonderful to get into the heavenly bed. My wife was happy this morning, saying it was great to wake up without being in pain. It would have been a five rating, but the bathroom water was so bad it made me wonder if it was really potable. I'd stay again, but wouldn't drink the water.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Widget-Remo,

We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your review. We are looking into the water issue you mentioned. Please note that we have bottled water available for our guests also. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Sacramento!

The Westin Management Team
Nevada City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I was there for only one night using my points but I can't wait to go back.the concierge gave me a late checkout 'til 4:00p.m.Great!The view of the River was awesome and I enjoyed sitting on my patio sipping wine and watching the boats go by.
One tip,when dining in the restaurant charge your meal to your room or you won't get the Westin points.Wonderful seafood by the way.

Room Tip: The higher the floor,the better the view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Jacqueline H, Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, September 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. we are delighted hear that you had such an enjoyable stay, and found everything to be awesome”: from the room patio overlooking the river view the “incredible” food at Scotts restaurant; and staff attentiveness. I’ll be sure to share your compliments with the entire Hotel team, it will be a pleasure for them to hear just as excited as I was to hear that you had a great an enjoyable stay, We're looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel, until then be well
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I have tried the restaurant many years ago and always wanted to stay in this hotel, it just happened I have enough SPG points for 2 nights. Very comfortable room, we have 2 queens bed for the 3 of us, big room, clean and the washroom is big. I found all the staff are very friendly, and helpful.
We have room facing the river, which was great, very quiet, there was a wedding on the lawn, but they finished by 10 pm.. so it wasn't too bed with the noise..
Will definitely come back, didn't get a chance to use the pool, will make sure I do next time.
I think they should provide free wifi, for a high end hotel like this and average price is 200.00 a night, they could afford to give wifi for free.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jacqueline H, Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I'm delighted to hear that you had a satisfactory stay with us and found our staff very attentive. Regarding the wifi, ll the Westin hotel do charge in-room WIFI but we offer complimentary wifi access in lobby/public space. your comments have been shared to the team personally, hope to see you again when your travel bring you back to sacramento area, until then be well
Palo Alto, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Once a year for the last four or five years, our family makes a trip up to Sacramento to see our aunt and spends the night at the Le Rivage, which is now the Westin. And for 4 years, I loved it. The Le Rivage was an excellently run hotel with extremely friendly staff.

It's sad that I can't say the same about the now Westin. We rolled in on Saturday, with a reservation for 2 double beds. Keep in mind during this story that we are SPG gold members (or whatever their reward system is), so exceptional service is expected even more than it usually is. It turns out that the room we were scheduled to be in has maintenance being done on it, and they're going to find us another room. Whatever, they should've had that done before we checked in but it's just a minor inconvenience.

They couldn't find any of the room we requested, but they did offer us a slight downgrade, something we weren't thrilled with but were fine with. We get the keys to the room, and to our shock, they gave us the keys to an occupied room. That scared the crap out of me, and it should scare you too. They gave me the keys to someone else's room, they could've given someone else the keys to our room and who knows what the hell would've happened. It was horrible.

After we reported back on that, it was another 10-15 minute wait as they tried to find another room for us. They gave us the handicapped room, which was a downgrade from the downgrade they had given us. It had only one queen (not king, queen!) bed when two double beds were requested. A blowup mattress was thrown in, too, but we had 4 people. How is that supposed to work? Luckily for us, we had brought some blow up mattresses so that wasn't an issue.

That whole check in situation had left me disgusted, although the head of the valet service, whose name I can't remember, handled it excellently. I almost gave 2 stars for his excellent service in the truly horrible situation the front desk had given him.

We were told to call the front desk to discuss compensation, and when we did, we were offered free wifi for our troubles, which 1) should already be free 2) we weren't going to buy anyway. To make it worse, my mom's sister's family had been offered free wifi, free drink vouchers, and free breakfast vouchers for a slight downgrade, and we were only offered the free wifi. There's no excuse for that. The common sense is lacking.

We made reservations for Scott's Seafood at 8 PM, and didn't get seated until 8:25. Ew. The food and service was good, though.

The night was horrible. The room was facing the river, and I guess they didn't sound proof it since it was a handicap room or something (I had no problems with sound in visits to Le Rivage). There was a loud wedding going on until 12 AM that kept me up, and then right in the morning I woke up to the forks and knives hitting plates as breakfast was being served. Can you understand why I was so angry?

We woke up and went to breakfast and realized that the vouchers we had were just for the continental breakfast, not for breakfast in general. Luckily, the waiter was nice and just redeemed the value of the vouchers as we bought what we want.

My last complaint came with the drink situation in the lobby. There's a cooler of sorts behind a bar with drinks, and no one manning the bar station. I didn't know whether I could go back and grab something or if I had to buy it. I waited in the reservations line for someone to help me, and the drink I wanted ended up to be in a fridge that they couldn't unlock. What!?

I didn't know that, though, and sat near the bar area waiting for a response, as the lady that was supposed to be helping me just stood at the reception desk, not coming over to give me an answer as she had promised. I had to go up and ask after 5 minutes, which isn't the worst thing, but I should've got better service.

My dad called and got a discount on our room instead of the pu pu platter we had been offered, but even then paying $80 for a handicapped room that kept me up all night felt too much. The room should've been comped after the horrible experience we had, and if it was, I wouldn't be writing this negative review now.

For former guests of the Le Rivage, stay far away. The service is no longer there now that it's a Westin. My family now has to find a new hotel to stay in when we come to Sacramento every year.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay, your comments have been shared with the westin and scott's team personally, due to sold out day most of our room wasn't available at time of check-in and we can not accommodate any early check-in nor upgrades request due to some room being out of order and we are trying our very best that day and the housekeeping department is aware of the short coming of the room. Personally i felt terribly sorry that you had very unsatisfactory stay. feedback like these is very important to us and we used that as tools to monitor our progress and measured our success. ion behalf of the Westin sacramento management and staff please accept our sincere apology for all the marks that we missed. i hope to see you back and give us another chance to make it right for you.

Been to The Westin Sacramento? Share your experiences!