“River location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Sacramento

Save Saved
You added The Westin Sacramento to your Saves list
The Westin Sacramento
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4800 Riverside Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95822 (Formerly Le Rivage Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #20 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Nevada City, California
“River location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was there for only one night using my points but I can't wait to go back.the concierge gave me a late checkout 'til 4:00p.m.Great!The view of the River was awesome and I enjoyed sitting on my patio sipping wine and watching the boats go by.
One tip,when dining in the restaurant charge your meal to your room or you won't get the Westin points.Wonderful seafood by the way.

Room Tip: The higher the floor,the better the view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Jacqueline H, Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. we are delighted hear that you had such an enjoyable stay, and found everything to be awesome”: from the room patio overlooking the river view the “incredible” food at Scotts restaurant; and staff attentiveness. I’ll be sure to share your compliments with the entire Hotel team, it will be a pleasure for them to hear just as excited as I was to hear that you had a great an enjoyable stay, We're looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel, until then be well

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have tried the restaurant many years ago and always wanted to stay in this hotel, it just happened I have enough SPG points for 2 nights. Very comfortable room, we have 2 queens bed for the 3 of us, big room, clean and the washroom is big. I found all the staff are very friendly, and helpful.
We have room facing the river, which was great, very quiet, there was a wedding on the lawn, but they finished by 10 pm.. so it wasn't too bed with the noise..
Will definitely come back, didn't get a chance to use the pool, will make sure I do next time.
I think they should provide free wifi, for a high end hotel like this and average price is 200.00 a night, they could afford to give wifi for free.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jacqueline H, Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I'm delighted to hear that you had a satisfactory stay with us and found our staff very attentive. Regarding the wifi, ll the Westin hotel do charge in-room WIFI but we offer complimentary wifi access in lobby/public space. your comments have been shared to the team personally, hope to see you again when your travel bring you back to sacramento area, until then be well
Palo Alto, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Once a year for the last four or five years, our family makes a trip up to Sacramento to see our aunt and spends the night at the Le Rivage, which is now the Westin. And for 4 years, I loved it. The Le Rivage was an excellently run hotel with extremely friendly staff.

It's sad that I can't say the same about the now Westin. We rolled in on Saturday, with a reservation for 2 double beds. Keep in mind during this story that we are SPG gold members (or whatever their reward system is), so exceptional service is expected even more than it usually is. It turns out that the room we were scheduled to be in has maintenance being done on it, and they're going to find us another room. Whatever, they should've had that done before we checked in but it's just a minor inconvenience.

They couldn't find any of the room we requested, but they did offer us a slight downgrade, something we weren't thrilled with but were fine with. We get the keys to the room, and to our shock, they gave us the keys to an occupied room. That scared the crap out of me, and it should scare you too. They gave me the keys to someone else's room, they could've given someone else the keys to our room and who knows what the hell would've happened. It was horrible.

After we reported back on that, it was another 10-15 minute wait as they tried to find another room for us. They gave us the handicapped room, which was a downgrade from the downgrade they had given us. It had only one queen (not king, queen!) bed when two double beds were requested. A blowup mattress was thrown in, too, but we had 4 people. How is that supposed to work? Luckily for us, we had brought some blow up mattresses so that wasn't an issue.

That whole check in situation had left me disgusted, although the head of the valet service, whose name I can't remember, handled it excellently. I almost gave 2 stars for his excellent service in the truly horrible situation the front desk had given him.

We were told to call the front desk to discuss compensation, and when we did, we were offered free wifi for our troubles, which 1) should already be free 2) we weren't going to buy anyway. To make it worse, my mom's sister's family had been offered free wifi, free drink vouchers, and free breakfast vouchers for a slight downgrade, and we were only offered the free wifi. There's no excuse for that. The common sense is lacking.

We made reservations for Scott's Seafood at 8 PM, and didn't get seated until 8:25. Ew. The food and service was good, though.

The night was horrible. The room was facing the river, and I guess they didn't sound proof it since it was a handicap room or something (I had no problems with sound in visits to Le Rivage). There was a loud wedding going on until 12 AM that kept me up, and then right in the morning I woke up to the forks and knives hitting plates as breakfast was being served. Can you understand why I was so angry?

We woke up and went to breakfast and realized that the vouchers we had were just for the continental breakfast, not for breakfast in general. Luckily, the waiter was nice and just redeemed the value of the vouchers as we bought what we want.

My last complaint came with the drink situation in the lobby. There's a cooler of sorts behind a bar with drinks, and no one manning the bar station. I didn't know whether I could go back and grab something or if I had to buy it. I waited in the reservations line for someone to help me, and the drink I wanted ended up to be in a fridge that they couldn't unlock. What!?

I didn't know that, though, and sat near the bar area waiting for a response, as the lady that was supposed to be helping me just stood at the reception desk, not coming over to give me an answer as she had promised. I had to go up and ask after 5 minutes, which isn't the worst thing, but I should've got better service.

My dad called and got a discount on our room instead of the pu pu platter we had been offered, but even then paying $80 for a handicapped room that kept me up all night felt too much. The room should've been comped after the horrible experience we had, and if it was, I wouldn't be writing this negative review now.

For former guests of the Le Rivage, stay far away. The service is no longer there now that it's a Westin. My family now has to find a new hotel to stay in when we come to Sacramento every year.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay, your comments have been shared with the westin and scott's team personally, due to sold out day most of our room wasn't available at time of check-in and we can not accommodate any early check-in nor upgrades request due to some room being out of order and we are trying our very best that day and the housekeeping department is aware of the short coming of the room. Personally i felt terribly sorry that you had very unsatisfactory stay. feedback like these is very important to us and we used that as tools to monitor our progress and measured our success. ion behalf of the Westin sacramento management and staff please accept our sincere apology for all the marks that we missed. i hope to see you back and give us another chance to make it right for you.
So Cal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I travel to Sacramento on business frequently and normally stay downtown but it is worth the 10 min travel to stay on the river for a change. This property has a great restaurant, quality gym and pool (they will loan you workout gear if you forgot yours) and a pretty view on the riverfront. Firepits at night add to the ambience. The only annoyance was most of the parking was taken up with valet so if you didn't want to hike 1/2 mile back to the hotel you almost had to valet. The staff were very well trained and courteous.

Room Tip: Request a riverfront room, otherwise you will get all the sights and sounds of the Interstate 5 traf...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Jacqueline H, Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent! Your comments have been shared with the team personally. the self parking are limited and its a first come first serve basis that's why we offer valet parking for hotel guest and restaurant patron 24/7, We hope to see you again when your travel bring you back our way! Until then, be well.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This 3 story hotel is perfect and quant! Although this is a Westin, it has the personality of a small boutique style hotel. The room was very clean, nicely decorated and spacious. The staff was attentive and the room service was awesome. The restaurant on property, Scott’s, had the most amazing food. Although I didn’t get to enjoy the spa, it looked and smelled great. This hotel met every expectation.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jacqueline H, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I'm delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoy most of the Hotel features,the best attribute is its perfect location just steps away from the beautiful Riverside view and people can sit outside and enjoy the fresh air and watch the sunset , Scott seafood restaurant is one the best well known seafood restaurant in the area, This rare combination together with its location makes The Westin Sacramento the ideal choice for both business and leisure travelers, i personally shared your comments to the team ans we hope to see you again the next time your meeting and travel bring you back our way! Until then, be well.
Portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed last month and am just getting around to writing this review. First let me say I am in the hotel business as a GM of Food and Beverage. I know what to expect and what can go wrong for the operator. The team there exceeded our service expectations in every area; valet, front desk, housekeeping, managers, and restaurant. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent stay and experience with us! i delighted that you had a wonderful stay. We strive to ensure our guest(s) experience the best visit possible and enjoyable stay, feedback like this is something we strive to accomplish with every guest we interact with. Your comments have been shared with the team personally. we are looking forward to welcoming you back to our property
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

We don't usually write reviews of places we stay, but we are frequent business and personal travelers. We have stayed at several Westins and have had no prior complaints. This was far and away the worst Westin we have stayed at.
1. Waited 45 minutes upon arrival due to miscommunication between the hotel and Priceline
2. Room we were assigned did not have a bathtub. Asked to pay for upgrade, were told they were full, yet next guest had pick of rooms.
3. After nice dinner at Scott's, TV didn't work, had to have maintenance come in at 11pm to fix it
4. Curtains wouldn't close and let in light
5. Poor service and misinformation by staff

We booked the Westin Sacramento through Priceline using their Express Deals for a same night stay. We drove in around 8:30 pm and were told that there was an issue with getting the reservation from Priceline. Another man was having the same issue and was being lectured by the check in attendant for using Priceline instead of going through Westin directly. After 45 minutes, we were given the keys to a room, but were given was must have been the worst room at the Westin. It only had a shower and no bathtub. When we offered to pay for an upgrade, we were told that there were absolutely no more rooms available due to Priceline over promising available rooms. Yet we overheard another guest being offered the choice between several rooms.
We ate dinner at Scott's. The food was decent and it had a nice ambiance. We returned to the hotel around 11pm and the TV would not turn on. We got dressed again and the maintenance man came in shortly. He jiggled some wires and flipped a switch. Apparently, this is an issue he handles often.
In the morning, I approached the check in attendant to ask about Wifi and was told it is complementary and to follow the log in information. Back at the room, as soon as we logged in to the Wifi it notified us that a $10 charge was added to our bill. I called the front desk to confirm, was told I would be called back. After 20 minutes, I walked out of the room to the front desk and asked the same girl I had spoken with earlier. I confirmed Wifi was complementary and asked why we were billed. Her response was that Wifi was only complimentary in the lobby. She then realized her miscommunication and said she would remove the room Wifi charge.
As frequent guests of Westin hotels in several major cities, we were highly disappointed by the service we received at this establishment, as well as by our experience in using Priceline Express Deals.

• Stayed August 2014
Jacqueline H, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent stay, on behalf of the entire front office team please accept my sincere apology that you had unsatisfactory stay with us! Your comments have been shared with the team personally.if time permit with your schedule please reach out and speak to the front office manager to discuss further. or when your travels bring you back to the Sacramento area let me us know and hope to give us another chance to make it right for you

Been to The Westin Sacramento? Share your experiences!