“A Perfect Stay!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Sacramento

Save Saved
You added The Westin Sacramento to your Saves list
The Westin Sacramento
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4800 Riverside Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95822 (Formerly Le Rivage Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #13 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Napa, California
“A Perfect Stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A clean, comfortable room, excellent service, close to the zoo and Fairytale Town, great amenities (nice pool, bocce, fire pits with adirondecks) and delicious room service!! We came with two families…the kids had a great time with plenty to do and the parents felt a bit pampered with the comfort and beauty of the hotel (there is also a nice spa, but din;t have the opportunity to indulge!). Being right on the river gave us a beautiful view and away from the downtown area gave us peice and quiet. It was an excellent experience and would highly recommend!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room overlooking the river and if you can on the 3rd floor…the rooms on the oppo...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jacqueline H, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 3 days ago
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at The Westin Sacramento. Although we are not located in the downtown area we are a short drive to The City. Also Being the only hotel that is located along the river sure is a huge perk as well, not to mention also having Scotts Seafood attached to the hotel, they are known as the best seafood in Sacramento. Personalization is all our hotel is about and making our guests feel welcomed and want to come back and I am so pleased to know we were able to make you feel that way. As you did state we are also a short drive to the Sacramento Zoo and also Fairytale town two some of the greatest places you could bring your children to in Sacramento. I am very happy to hear how your stay went and I hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Sacramento.

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What a lovely place, amazing location along the river. It felt like I was driving up to some resort in the Napa Valley. The bad was that when I opened my room there was 3 employees in the room having a meeting! They looked at me like I made a mistake and was in the wrong room, made me feel terrible. One of them was even sitting on the bed. They quickly left the room after a couple of quick apologies and all was well. Later the manager asked if everything was ok and I shared that experience with him and again he said "Are you sure? Oh wait you must have gone in the wrong room, our business office is right next door". The service really is first class but I guess those things happen. I tried to get a massage in the health club to rub away the stress of the day but they were all booked. I did try to sign up loyalty plan but still have never received an email or anything in the mail. Would I stay there again, absolutely! The beds in the Westin Hotels are the best I have ever slept in at a hotel! Despite those rare issues it is a lovely "resort like hotel". Unfortunately I used all my companies budget and I have to stay at a Motel 6 next time.

Captaindan

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jacqueline H, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 1 week ago
First I would like to say thank you for taking the time to write this response about our hotel. We love getting our guest' feedback as it helps us succeed in our future return guest's and new guest's that just so happen to stay with us. Im delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Westin Sacramento, your "boutique resort" so to speak . I am very sorry about the issue you had during your arrival to the hotel, our staff I am hopeful didn't scare you but I’m sure am glad to hear the recovery didn't affect your stay. Our Spa at the property, Spa Lale, is a great place to unwind during those long and busy work weeks, from their amazing deep tension massage to their relaxing facials are exactly what you need to help when you really need to feel those moments of pure bliss. Our hotel is one of the only ones located directly on the river with a very modern and European feel, I can see why you picture yourself in Napa California. Our hotel is a "home away from home" in some cases and I am very pleased to know that during your stay that was the case. I am so glad you were able to experience what it is like to be a guest of The Westin, it sure is a feeling of pure happiness. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Sacramento.
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Westin was originally built as La Rivage and catered to visiting NBA teams with rooms and beds that are spacious (think basketball player tall.) The unique location where an old marina used to be makes a perfect urban getaway and wedding location too.

• Stayed June 2014
Jacqueline H, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
The Westin Sacramento sure does cater to some amazing wedding's with the help from Scott’s Seafood. Being the only hotel in Sacramento located on the water it is a prime location for a romantic stay, family getaway, or destination wedding! Our Staff from the moment you step into our doors quickly make you feel as if we are the host and you our valuable guests. Our every effort when we come into work is to make your stay truly memorable. Thank you so much for the feedback and we look forward to having you visit again!
Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for a two-day small conference. Perfect location on the Sacramento River away from city noise, but only 5 minutes away via free hotel shuttle bus, Like staying in the country. Staff was especially helpful and anxious to please. In-hotel restaurant very good. Rooms are large and comfy. A/C was a little annoying. Lastly, why don't "upscale" hotels use sheets that fit the huge mattress?

Room Tip: Get a room on the river-side. Third-floor rooms are great.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
We make every effort to ensure our guest’s experience to be the best trip imaginable and also a very pleasant one too! Your review is very important to us and we use that to monitor our success within the hotel. I am so glad you had an amazing time at The Westin Sacramento, although light sleepers may run into the A/c being a little noisy I do apologize for that. Our staff strives to go above and beyond for every guest we interact with and I am very pleased to know that this was the case with you. I hope to see you again sometime soon and thank you again for the thoughtful review.
Rohnert Park, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First of all, when making a reservation I would appreciate not being deceived. I only booked the double bed rooms because I was told that I wouldn't have to change rooms. Well I was wrong. If I knew in advance that I would have to change rooms I would have booked the King the first night and then the Double the second night. GG Westin reservations.

Oh I did complain but they said they were fully booked so oh well. Whatever. Not like I will be staying there again anytime soon.

Anyway, this the 2nd hotel that I have encountered that provides a sewing kit. They also had a real tub as well. Very cool. They also provided moist towelettes and a nail file and cotton swabs and balls among the regular toiletries that are usually provided.

Both rooms we had, gave a nice view of the river which was nice. Beware if they are having an event, it will be loud and you won't be sleeping till the even was over. We were there for a wedding and apparently, they had 4 weddings back to back as told by one of the staff who we encountered in the elevator.

If you decide against the valet for self parking, be warned it is a walk from the parking to the hotel. They do provide a ride from the parking to the hotel but from the hotel to the parking you have to walk.

The tent they have weddings in was really nice but HOT. So hopefully your table won't be in the sun like our's, lol. We were dying in the heat. Luckily there was a fan next to the table which wasn't on because the knob was broken. One of the staff found another to turn it on.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for staying with us at The Westin Sacramento. While it is unfortunate that there were some issue's with your reservation I do apologize for what this might have caused you on your stay with us. I do hope this does not affect your stay in the future as we always try to please our guest's. Summer is a very busy time for our hotel as we do host many weddings every weekend so being sold out is very frequent at our hotel. I am sure my staff would have done anything and everything to try to accommodate you if this was not the case and our hands were not tied. In any case I am glad you enjoyed the room, our heavenly showers are a great perk of staying at the Westin and the Claw Footed bathtub too is something most guest's do envy! Every man or women sure do enjoy a good soak when the days are long and all you're looking for is a little rest and relaxation. It is our duty to always make your stay as relaxing as possible and perks like that sure do help. Our shuttle service from the hotel is always running we shuttle guests to and from their cars if they would not like to walk. So if a guest ever did need a ride to their car we are more than willing to call the shuttle to the front to better serve you. Some of the weddings we host are held in the tent, we try our very best to accommodate our guests on the hot summer days who are in the tent and also the riverview sided rooms for the noise. Overall I am very happy that you had such an enjoyable time, your feedback is very important to us and we use this as tools to monitor our progress and measure our success. Thank you again!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Only a short 10-15 minute drive from the airport and less than that to Old Town this hotel sits on the river and provides large comfortable quiet rooms with large flat screen tv and a large comfortable bathroom with separate free standing tub and glass enclosed shower.

Room Tip: Only three stories so not a big deal. Free wi-fi in lobby. We had a room near and was able to use th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacqueline H, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I am delighted that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay and thank you for the great review, Our prime location set in the heart of capitol, and suited next to Sacramento river, and Scott's Seafood is also known as the best seafood restaurant in Sacramento area.here at The Westin Sacramento we ensure our guest(s) experience the best possible and memorable stay. i am looking forward to welcoming you back to our property
Covina, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This Westin truly has a primo location, on the Sacramento River, but a few minutes away from the more busy downtown area. My room had the plus of a balcony overlooking the river. Since the weather was mild, it was very relaxing to just open the sliding door and let the fresh air waft into the room. Also, though it's not an inexpensive choice, the food and service at the Scott's Seafood is memorable.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the river.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jacqueline H, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you so much for the feedback, our location is a prime one as it does sit right against the Sacramento river. The Westin loves being so close to such a beautiful view, although it is a small drive to downtown at this hotel you feel like you’re staying at a home away from home. Not to mention that being so close to the river like you had stated, the breeze is just right to where anyone can sit outside or even in their room and enjoy the fresh air. The Westin Sacramento is all about making your stay relaxing and tranquil and I am so glad we could do this for you. We hope to see you again next time you are in Sacramento and thank you so much for taking the time to tell us all about your stay!

Been to The Westin Sacramento? Share your experiences!