“March 20th stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Sacramento

Save Saved
You added The Westin Sacramento to your Saves list
The Westin Sacramento
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4800 Riverside Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95822 (Formerly Le Rivage Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #14 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
San Francisco, California
“March 20th stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

What a lovely place, amazing location along the river. It felt like I was driving up to some resort in the Napa Valley. The bad was that when I opened my room there was 3 employees in the room having a meeting! They looked at me like I made a mistake and was in the wrong room, made me feel terrible. One of them was even sitting on the bed. They quickly left the room after a couple of quick apologies and all was well. Later the manager asked if everything was ok and I shared that experience with him and again he said "Are you sure? Oh wait you must have gone in the wrong room, our business office is right next door". The service really is first class but I guess those things happen. I tried to get a massage in the health club to rub away the stress of the day but they were all booked. I did try to sign up loyalty plan but still have never received an email or anything in the mail. Would I stay there again, absolutely! The beds in the Westin Hotels are the best I have ever slept in at a hotel! Despite those rare issues it is a lovely "resort like hotel". Unfortunately I used all my companies budget and I have to stay at a Motel 6 next time.

Captaindan

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The Westin was originally built as La Rivage and catered to visiting NBA teams with rooms and beds that are spacious (think basketball player tall.) The unique location where an old marina used to be makes a perfect urban getaway and wedding location too.

• Stayed June 2014
Jacqueline H, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 2 days ago
The Westin Sacramento sure does cater to some amazing wedding's with the help from Scott’s Seafood. Being the only hotel in Sacramento located on the water it is a prime location for a romantic stay, family getaway, or destination wedding! Our Staff from the moment you step into our doors quickly make you feel as if we are the host and you our valuable guests. Our every effort when we come into work is to make your stay truly memorable. Thank you so much for the feedback and we look forward to having you visit again!
Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for a two-day small conference. Perfect location on the Sacramento River away from city noise, but only 5 minutes away via free hotel shuttle bus, Like staying in the country. Staff was especially helpful and anxious to please. In-hotel restaurant very good. Rooms are large and comfy. A/C was a little annoying. Lastly, why don't "upscale" hotels use sheets that fit the huge mattress?

Room Tip: Get a room on the river-side. Third-floor rooms are great.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jacqueline H, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 6 days ago
We make every effort to ensure our guest’s experience to be the best trip imaginable and also a very pleasant one too! Your review is very important to us and we use that to monitor our success within the hotel. I am so glad you had an amazing time at The Westin Sacramento, although light sleepers may run into the A/c being a little noisy I do apologize for that. Our staff strives to go above and beyond for every guest we interact with and I am very pleased to know that this was the case with you. I hope to see you again sometime soon and thank you again for the thoughtful review.
Rohnert Park, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First of all, when making a reservation I would appreciate not being deceived. I only booked the double bed rooms because I was told that I wouldn't have to change rooms. Well I was wrong. If I knew in advance that I would have to change rooms I would have booked the King the first night and then the Double the second night. GG Westin reservations.

Oh I did complain but they said they were fully booked so oh well. Whatever. Not like I will be staying there again anytime soon.

Anyway, this the 2nd hotel that I have encountered that provides a sewing kit. They also had a real tub as well. Very cool. They also provided moist towelettes and a nail file and cotton swabs and balls among the regular toiletries that are usually provided.

Both rooms we had, gave a nice view of the river which was nice. Beware if they are having an event, it will be loud and you won't be sleeping till the even was over. We were there for a wedding and apparently, they had 4 weddings back to back as told by one of the staff who we encountered in the elevator.

If you decide against the valet for self parking, be warned it is a walk from the parking to the hotel. They do provide a ride from the parking to the hotel but from the hotel to the parking you have to walk.

The tent they have weddings in was really nice but HOT. So hopefully your table won't be in the sun like our's, lol. We were dying in the heat. Luckily there was a fan next to the table which wasn't on because the knob was broken. One of the staff found another to turn it on.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for staying with us at The Westin Sacramento. While it is unfortunate that there were some issue's with your reservation I do apologize for what this might have caused you on your stay with us. I do hope this does not affect your stay in the future as we always try to please our guest's. Summer is a very busy time for our hotel as we do host many weddings every weekend so being sold out is very frequent at our hotel. I am sure my staff would have done anything and everything to try to accommodate you if this was not the case and our hands were not tied. In any case I am glad you enjoyed the room, our heavenly showers are a great perk of staying at the Westin and the Claw Footed bathtub too is something most guest's do envy! Every man or women sure do enjoy a good soak when the days are long and all you're looking for is a little rest and relaxation. It is our duty to always make your stay as relaxing as possible and perks like that sure do help. Our shuttle service from the hotel is always running we shuttle guests to and from their cars if they would not like to walk. So if a guest ever did need a ride to their car we are more than willing to call the shuttle to the front to better serve you. Some of the weddings we host are held in the tent, we try our very best to accommodate our guests on the hot summer days who are in the tent and also the riverview sided rooms for the noise. Overall I am very happy that you had such an enjoyable time, your feedback is very important to us and we use this as tools to monitor our progress and measure our success. Thank you again!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Only a short 10-15 minute drive from the airport and less than that to Old Town this hotel sits on the river and provides large comfortable quiet rooms with large flat screen tv and a large comfortable bathroom with separate free standing tub and glass enclosed shower.

Room Tip: Only three stories so not a big deal. Free wi-fi in lobby. We had a room near and was able to use th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacqueline H, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I am delighted that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay and thank you for the great review, Our prime location set in the heart of capitol, and suited next to Sacramento river, and Scott's Seafood is also known as the best seafood restaurant in Sacramento area.here at The Westin Sacramento we ensure our guest(s) experience the best possible and memorable stay. i am looking forward to welcoming you back to our property
Covina, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This Westin truly has a primo location, on the Sacramento River, but a few minutes away from the more busy downtown area. My room had the plus of a balcony overlooking the river. Since the weather was mild, it was very relaxing to just open the sliding door and let the fresh air waft into the room. Also, though it's not an inexpensive choice, the food and service at the Scott's Seafood is memorable.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the river.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jacqueline H, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much for the feedback, our location is a prime one as it does sit right against the Sacramento river. The Westin loves being so close to such a beautiful view, although it is a small drive to downtown at this hotel you feel like you’re staying at a home away from home. Not to mention that being so close to the river like you had stated, the breeze is just right to where anyone can sit outside or even in their room and enjoy the fresh air. The Westin Sacramento is all about making your stay relaxing and tranquil and I am so glad we could do this for you. We hope to see you again next time you are in Sacramento and thank you so much for taking the time to tell us all about your stay!
Scottsdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel and of course the beds and rooms were great as all Westins usually are. The ac unit is loud as a previous customer stated thank goodness we are heavy sleepers. But.... Don't expect to stay in bed and order breakfast as my husband and I planned. They have a book with what appears to be great breakfast but after being on hold forever I started feeling uneasy then they come back to tell me they are in transition from breakfast to brunch at 0855???? Really??? Then she says well all we have available is cold stuff the hot stuff you can get at 930???? Really??? So I verify and say so I can order an omelette then??? She says well we won't know what we have available. I said goodbye!! Extremely disappointing for a great hotel. Will not come back!!

• Stayed June 2014
I am so glad that you enjoyed our property during your stay with us, it is a stunning place to both stay at and work at I must say! I am sorry about the miscommunication with the Father’s day brunch that you experienced during your stay. The restaurant did have over 600 covers for the Father’s day brunch so their cut off time for breakfast was enforced to set up for brunch. Letters were sent up the night before and the morning of to let guests know about the limited menu that they offered at the restaurant and also room service . The communication as far as I can tell between yourself and the hostess at Scott’s however is an issue I will bring to Scott’s attention. I am terribly sorry for that and would like to apologize on behalf of our hotel and the restaurant staff for your experience. I hope you know that this comment will be taken very seriously and if you do ever come back to stay at our hotel I am sure that you will not run into this issue again. Thank you again for the feedback and for your honesty with this issue, ill be sure to follow up with all parties involved.

Been to The Westin Sacramento? Share your experiences!