“Nice staff, clean comfy rooms . . . Quiet location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Sacramento

You added The Westin Sacramento to your Saves list
The Westin Sacramento
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4800 Riverside Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95822 (Formerly Le Rivage Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #20 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Nice staff, clean comfy rooms . . . Quiet location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hotel is located away from downtown, you drive through a mostly residential neighborhood to get there. It is a nice looking building, nicely landscaped and clean. The staff was really friendly, courteous and helpful. There was a problem with my reservation (i booked it through my company travel website and for some reason the reservation was cancelled) which was probably not the fault of the hotel however they gave me a nice room anyways. The room had a king bed and a small living room area. it was separated from the sleeping area by a wall unit with a built-in fireplace with glass doors so you could see through from one area to the other. The Westin Heavenly bed was terrific as always. Although there were flat screen TVs in both areas, the one in the living area had a much clearer/sharper picture, the reception on other one was not as good. I ordered room service for breakfast which came quickly and met expectations. There isn't much to the lobby - although it has seating with comfy sofas. There looks like there would be a bar, but it did not look open when i checked in at night or in the morning. Some of the rooms face the river, which is probably a nice view. There is also outside seating on a deck area overlooking the river. that is probably what all the hotels charge. I would recommend this hotel if you want something quiet, close to but not right in the heart of downtown. Also if you like Starwood properties, this is probably the best choice in Sacramento. It was a pretty good value, comparable to other similar hotels in the area. Parking was a bit expensive (I used the valet, not sure if there is a self-park option) but .

Room Tip: Some of the rooms face the river
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Elliott W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Our goal as a staff is to be friendly and as welcoming as possible to each guest, I am happy we were able to accomplish this with you. We are still a relatively new Westin property so there a changes to the lobby and some public areas coming soon, so stay tuned for that. Again, thank you for reviewing us and we look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Pulled up to the hotel. There didn't seem to be any specific area to park for check-in. The place we choose was in valet. The nice valet guy said we could park here but he'd need our keys. Parking for the non-valet is almost two blocks away. While standing in line waiting for the lone desk clerk we decided to use the valet, a $21 a night charge. Again, the valet guys were very friendly.
The room was nicely appointed. The Heavenly Shower in this room, well, the water was HOT or VERY HOT...No cool water at all. The Heavenly Bed, well, it was the firmest bed on our whole California journey. We did not sleep well at all. WAY TOO FIRM. The coffee service...two packets of coffee, two packets of sugar, and two packets of creamer. I hope no one needs anything additional.
On the positive, we did not notice any freeway noise. Our air conditioning worked just fine.
Maybe I was expecting too much...

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are better
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Elliott W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of us. We are a newer Westin and we replaced all of the existing beds with new Heavenly beds in April and maybe they are still too new for you, especially if you like a really soft mattress. Also if you needed more coffee or creamer or sugar you can always ask us for these items as placing two in each room is our standard but it doesn't mean that is all you get. I am glad that the valets were kind to you and wwe wouldn't expect anything less from them. I hope the bed situation does not deter you from trying us out again. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we look forward to your next visit.
Studio City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Functional hotel with a nice restaurant and pleasant staff. It's location is not the best if you have business in downtown, but my husband was there for a meeting so it was nice to have all the amenities (pool, fitness, good restaurant) at hand. Room service was very disorganized - both times we had to call back for missing items, once for cold food and cream that had turned. But they corrected the problems quickly.
We had a room in the 340's and if you have trouble walking a distance I would suggest requesting a room closer to the elevator.
I treated myself to a spa treatment and was so glad I did! Yung(sp) the esthetician was amazing. The spa is nicely appointed, with everything a spa should have.

Room Tip: We had a room in the 340's and if you have trouble walking a distance I would suggest requesting...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Elliott W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Please keep in mind that even though we are not located in the downtown sector, we are quite close and we do offer a shuttle into downtown at no charge. The shuttle service is a first come first serve--the shuttle travels in a 5 mile radius around the hotel which includes downtown, so next time you visit just ask if it is available should you feel the need to venture into downtown. I apologize for the room service issues, I will bring it to the attention of the restaurant, but I am glad they were able to correct the issues quickly. Spa Lale is a sanctuary, the epitome of relaxation. I am glad you were able to utilize the amenities we have to offer and we look forward to your next visit. Again, thank you for writing.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

staff was friendly. really had a long day travelling and only stayed here to drop my head so can't comment too much on the experience. I found it perfectly fine - clean, updated. room service came from scott's and was fine. my colleague took a walk along the water so seemed to be a perfectly serviceable place. windows opened which to me is a major plus compared to all the city hotels I stay in which seal you in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Elliott W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for writing this review. Our goal is to ensure a comfortable stay and to provide friendly service to our guests and I am glad we were able to accomplish this with you. I do hope next time you come stay you can actually enjoy the various amenities that we offer. Again, thank you for your kind words and we look forward to providing you with the same great service and comfortable stay next time you are here.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I was a little nervous about staying here after the most recent reviews but I have to disagree with the most recent postings. I love this hotel! Every staff person I met was welcoming, friendly and helpful! Jacquelin at the front desk was so helpful and friendly and made us feel so welcomed. Upon checking in she offered to make our dinner reservations. I am glad she did as it was quite busy at the restaurant. I love the decor of the hotel. It is classy and classical. The room was large, quiet (and yes, we were on the I-5 side), the bed super comfortable. My husband stated it feels a little like a resort on the river and we both said that when we book a hotel, this is exactly what we are looking for! I will definitely stay here again anytime I am in Sacramento. We did not need to be downtown so the location was absolutely perfect! Thank you Westin for a very comfortable stay!

• Stayed September 2013
Elliott W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you very much for writing this review. Reading your review is quite refreshing after the last couple of reviews, but everyone has their own opinions and they are entitled to them. We do our best to make sure each guest leaves the hotel feeling good about the hotel choice they made and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. The parkview rooms are very quiet as our engineering team has gone through great lengths to ensure the peace and quiet on that side of the hotel. Again, thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with the Tripadvisor world and look forward to your return stay.
Lake Tahoe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I'm speachless with the treatment I recieved at this property. I used a suite night upgrade from SPG because mine are starting to expire. My "suite" is a regular room on the corner. I know that suite designation is up to the property. But I was so shocked in the room that I called the fornt desk to say I think you made a mistake. Response was "does your room have a fireplace?" Said no. Then surly manager told me they consider this regular corner room is a suite. He was rude and then debated with me what a suite is. I really hope NONE of you ever pay for a suite and get room 346. It's over the kitchen. Sitnky! And the I-5 Noise is awful. Also, this location is very far from downtown. So, don't book for business. I'm definately booking my next three meetings back at the Sheraton Grand. They know all about service and style. Also, this "suite" doesn't have a desk. Excuse the ty[pos because I'm writing this from the most uncomfortable table chair/situation for work I've ever encountered from SPG. I will tell you that the only bright spot was that Robert the valet is a superstar. All of the staff should take his demeanor as a hallmark of what service is. I even called my ambassador at SPG to specifically tell them (1) property sucks; and (2) Robert should be GM.

Room Tip: Um, considering 346 is a "suite", forget staying here.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am sorry that you felt the way you did about the room you were in. In speaking the the manager on duty that you spoke with that evening, you were given 1,000 points for your dissatisfaction with the room and the inability to upgrade you to a different suite as we were sold out. I do apologize that this was not to your satisfaction and I hope that you will give our hotel another chance in the future. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Terrible (no) service. Located next to I-5, the rooms are very noisy. If you ask for different rooms staff turns very unfriendly. Rooms are furnished with the latest cheap chic. No mini bar. I will never stay here again and I do not recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Elliott W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Sacramento, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for writing this review. It is always good for us to hear varying opinions of our property. We do our best to serve our guests as best we can and to make sure their stays are enjoyinable, I am sorry the level of service was not up to your standard and that your stay was not enjoyable. Again, thank you for taking the time to write and wish you well in your future travels.

Been to The Westin Sacramento? Share your experiences!