“I Won't Be Back” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Orem, Utah
“I Won't Be Back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I had stayed here before and everything was OK so I tried it again. Not so lucky this time. Check-in went fine and on first appearance of the room it seemed OK until I looked closer. Things seemed to be clean until I looked at the bathroom sink. There were several small black dots on it. When I swished some water on them some of them went down the drain. When I rubbed some of the ones that remained they smeared. It seems to me it must have been make up. So obviously the sink had not been cleaned. Also the toilet had not been scrubbed in a very long time. A handle on one of the cabinets was missing a screw so the handle was hanging upside down. There was no wash cloth, towel or dish soap to clean the dishes with. The front of the drawer on the table along side of the bed was broken off and laying on the floor. Seems to me either they have new staff who don't know their jobs or they're just lazy and don't care. This will be my last stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I had a business meeting at mcclellan and am from out of town. I booked this hotel because it was suggested among others and was cheap. When I checked in there were alot of shady people milling about the parking lot. The room was okay, but had that cheap hotel fragrance that they use to cover up orders. Sure enough I went to my car the next morning and about $500 in personal possessions were gone. I filed a police report, and contacted the manager who said he would look at the surveillance tapes and call me back. I tried calling him at 5pm but he had already left the building. I was also charged for the second night which I did not stay. While looking for my stuff around the area, I was confronted by security from a nearby business and was told that there had previously been a murder there..STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else...not safe!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the loss of your items. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, saw@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Good thing is its location and price. Close to freeways, mall and restaurants.
Bad thing was the rift raft and homeless people around the property. I almost felt unsafe having stayed alone. Also the rooms are decent at best. Not too bad for one n night, although I don't think I will be returning. I say pay the extra 25-30.00 and stay at the clarion or double tree. Peace of mind is priceless.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The good : location and price. Close to freeways, mall, restaurants ect.
Bad: neighborhood. Lots of rift raft and homeless people around the property. I almost felt unsafe having stayed alone. Also the rooms are decent at best, but was ok for one night. I don't think I'll be returning again though. Pay the extra 25-30.00 and stay at the clarion or double tree. Peace of mind is priceless.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I got more than 30 bug bites on my face, hands, arms, feet, when I told and showed desk clerk Sasha, she suggested that maybe it was allergies, and that was it she told me to have a nice day, well when I returned home I got to go visit my Dr. To get a prescription to clear up my bug bites not a very good stay at all

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
Grand Blanc, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This particular Extended stay sits immediately off of a main freeway and makes it very easy on and off. The set up with outside entry to the rooms fits my particular needs for the fact that I can step outside quickly to check weather and get fresh air (the windows also open for the latter). The office opens promptly at 6 am and has fresh coffee, granola bars, apples, muffins for a fast grab & go. I stay in Sacramento every week and this is a tough place to beat for price. The small kitchen also fits perfectly for the me who wants to have food to prepare or maintain for the week. I also found all of the restaurants (and mall) within 1 mile to be tempting and I have indulged myself once or twice. If you are not with a chain that has miles/points or that is not important to you or if you are paying out of your own pocket, this is hard to beat.

Room Tip: West facing rooms seem to be the most quiet overlooking open land. Traffic is light on the street o...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

My family ended up here when the accommodations at the families house didn't quite cut the mustard. We were given a large room with two queen size bed for my son, husband, and myself. The kitchenette had anything necessary for a small meal. The dish towels even appeared brand new as did all the furnishings in the room. The bathroom was the
best! It was a mudroom set up that would easily accommodate a person who uses a wheel chair. I think it was the only downstairs left with the two beds:). The laundry room was reasonably priced all the machines worked well. Breakfast was typical pastry and coffee that you would expect. The service was wonderful. Wi-fi was a bit tech and go. Now the down side....This place is an extended stay and as such has a certain amount of weekly undesirables. All were fairly quiet but I was asked for change and cigarettes multiple times. The management is aware of the issue and is attempting to rid themselves of this element. Still they have to follow certain guidelines and not be prejudicial in renting rooms after all it is an extended stay. Other than that element and the fact that it boarders between an OK part of town and a not so great one I would have given it 5 stars. As long as I have my husband with me I would stay here again and likely will.

• Stayed July 2013