You added Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way to your Saves list
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #59 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
“It's ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Good thing is its location and price. Close to freeways, mall and restaurants.
Bad thing was the rift raft and homeless people around the property. I almost felt unsafe having stayed alone. Also the rooms are decent at best. Not too bad for one n night, although I don't think I will be returning. I say pay the extra 25-30.00 and stay at the clarion or double tree. Peace of mind is priceless.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The good : location and price. Close to freeways, mall, restaurants ect.
Bad: neighborhood. Lots of rift raft and homeless people around the property. I almost felt unsafe having stayed alone. Also the rooms are decent at best, but was ok for one night. I don't think I'll be returning again though. Pay the extra 25-30.00 and stay at the clarion or double tree. Peace of mind is priceless.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I got more than 30 bug bites on my face, hands, arms, feet, when I told and showed desk clerk Sasha, she suggested that maybe it was allergies, and that was it she told me to have a nice day, well when I returned home I got to go visit my Dr. To get a prescription to clear up my bug bites not a very good stay at all

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Grand Blanc, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This particular Extended stay sits immediately off of a main freeway and makes it very easy on and off. The set up with outside entry to the rooms fits my particular needs for the fact that I can step outside quickly to check weather and get fresh air (the windows also open for the latter). The office opens promptly at 6 am and has fresh coffee, granola bars, apples, muffins for a fast grab & go. I stay in Sacramento every week and this is a tough place to beat for price. The small kitchen also fits perfectly for the me who wants to have food to prepare or maintain for the week. I also found all of the restaurants (and mall) within 1 mile to be tempting and I have indulged myself once or twice. If you are not with a chain that has miles/points or that is not important to you or if you are paying out of your own pocket, this is hard to beat.

Room Tip: West facing rooms seem to be the most quiet overlooking open land. Traffic is light on the street o...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

My family ended up here when the accommodations at the families house didn't quite cut the mustard. We were given a large room with two queen size bed for my son, husband, and myself. The kitchenette had anything necessary for a small meal. The dish towels even appeared brand new as did all the furnishings in the room. The bathroom was the
best! It was a mudroom set up that would easily accommodate a person who uses a wheel chair. I think it was the only downstairs left with the two beds:). The laundry room was reasonably priced all the machines worked well. Breakfast was typical pastry and coffee that you would expect. The service was wonderful. Wi-fi was a bit tech and go. Now the down side....This place is an extended stay and as such has a certain amount of weekly undesirables. All were fairly quiet but I was asked for change and cigarettes multiple times. The management is aware of the issue and is attempting to rid themselves of this element. Still they have to follow certain guidelines and not be prejudicial in renting rooms after all it is an extended stay. Other than that element and the fact that it boarders between an OK part of town and a not so great one I would have given it 5 stars. As long as I have my husband with me I would stay here again and likely will.

• Stayed July 2013
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

On the road and picked this hotel based on Trip Advisor ratings. I would agree with some of the latest reviews that the rating is not accurate. The room is large enough and as it's an extended stay it has a mini kitchen with full size fridge, coffee maker sink etc. There is a small desk to work and a good size bathroom that has a sink and counter in it. The room condition was worn and there was hair in the bathtub. The linens also did not look clean. The manager has responded to other reviews that he has talked with his team but that does not appear to have helped. Spot checks or reviews of the cleaning staffs work is needed. The bright spot is the desk clerk was very friendly.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. Your comments in regards to the front desk staff are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read for the level of cleanliness in your room. To uphold our company's high standards, I will personally be inspecting each room prior to guests arrival to ensure that this issue is resolved once and for all.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at saw2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My family booked this Extended Stay based on the positive Tripadvisor rooms, we normally stay in the La Quinta in the area. We found the negative reviews to be more accurate. This hotel has serious management problems and can't deliver on the basics of security and basic room cleaning. The first room we were assigned was already occupied, which we discovered when we put the keys in and opened the door. That they could make and give keys out to a room with someone in it is a big security issue. The second room we got had been smoked in and the trash had not been taken out from the previous guest. Third room was adequate but also had personal items left behind by the previous occupant(s) that the cleaners had not picked up. This is basic stuff...I'm not even getting into the poor linens, stains, etc. The only reason I give it two stars is the front desk staff service was good, they were nice and apologetic and tried to 'make it right'.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Your comments in regards to the front desk staff are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that you didn’t find your room(s) to be clean when you checked in. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have met with my team and reviewed with them the cleaning procedures and standards. Safety of our guests is our highest priority and I can assure you that this was an isolated incident has been addressed with our front desk staff accordingly.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at saw2@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way? Share your experiences!