“Great Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Sacramento, California
“Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for several months (5) on business, and the hotel staff (especially the Manager), maids, and maintenance saw to our every need and want, practically on demand! They were all warm, cheerful, and interested in our feedback. We stayed on the third floor, and cooked all of our gluten-free meals in our room. It was elevator-served, had plenty of parking, and a great laundry room.

Would recommend this to anyone traveling in an extended-stay situation. It is ideal!

Room Tip: Second floor has best access to wi-fi
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Shemara - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff and your room. It is great to know that the fully equipped kitchen came in handy for cooking your gluten free meals!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
La Puente, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Pros: large rooms, when only one bed; larger refrigerator; location.
Cons: Dirty, disrepair, noisy. Grab & Go breakfast all sugar/fat laden unless you want an apple or orange.
Great access to freeway and major roads, which also means more noise, especially on the NW side from the train ALL NIGHT.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Kathryn - Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am glad to read your remarks about our larger rooms and refrigerator. However, I am very sorry that the noise from the train and freeway kept you up, and that the grab and go breakfast wasn't something you could enjoy. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are working on having all our rooms up to par and to ask guest if there is any preference of a room when staying with us.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at saw2@extendedstay.com.
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Enjoyed the stay in the hotel and would highly recommend it if you need to visit this area for work or school, or just need somewhere to sleep for the night. The thing that I found most disappointing was the neighbourhood. We could have been anywhere in the US. The place is dominated by freeways and large carparks for even larger generic department stores and chain restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. Your comments in regarding our hotel are very much appreciated; yet, I was disappointed to read that you were not happy with our location.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at saw2@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Vienna, Austria

Laundry Facilities
Right by the highway
Very clean!
Super friendly receptionists

Cons:
The grab and go breakfast is only junk food (not everyone considers the Quaker stuff junk food though- I do). It is nice they offer anything though!
SO many chemicals! Warning signs everywhere and it's clear why! There are so many great green cleaning products, why does every hotel have to use a laboratory?! The room smelled awful of chemicals and not even bleach. Worse stuff. We had to keep the door open to air it out.

Really the two points are mainly taken off because of the excessive chemicals. It smelled awful and was obviously not safe (hence the warning signs everywhere!). I recommend that pregnant women and small children do not stay here. Older healthy people will find this a comfortable good value stay for a night or two.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our guest rooms, fully-equipped kitchen and laundry facility; however, we apologize that the cleaning chemicals were to strong when you enter your room. To prevent this from happening again, my team is going to spray less of the chemicals and air out room before check-in.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area. Please feel free to contact me directly, at saw2@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I always enjoy staying in Extended Stay because the rooms are spacious, comfortable, and very convenient with small kitchenette. Unfortunately I never received any efficiency in the services. The hotels are well designed but the people skills that drive the work "Hospitality" is lacking. I stayed in August, reserved my room through the internet. I specifically requested for a room on the ground floor as I had 2 large luggage. Upon check in the staff assigned me a room on the 3rd floor. I advised him that I requested ground floor and he was not aware of this and had difficulty finding me a room on the ground floor. The check-in time is from 3PM and I arrived close to 4PM and the response from the Front Desk staff was that I should have called to let them know as the rooms on the ground floor are still being serviced and they are not available however after a few minutes he found a room on the ground floor. At the Extended Stay hotels that I have stayed in the past, they have limited staff (often only 1) behind the front desk and they are handling multiple tasks with multiple guests and answering to telephone calls. Although the rooms are very accommodating, I recommend to allow more time when you need assistance because the Front Desk staff may be busy. If you require minimal assistance from the hotel staff and do not require any specific requests, this may be a perfect accommodation especially when travelling on a budget.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments regarding the spaciousness and cleanliness of our guest rooms; however, we apologize that the front desk staff did not provide adequate service during your stay. To ensure that a situation like yours does not occur in the future, I am working on having more staff at the desk and reviewing the importance of checking guest request before their arrival.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at saw2@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at other pet friendly hotels and we were very disappointed in the Cleanliness. This hotel was very clean and comfortable. I also really appreciate the professionalism of the staff and the manager. I would definitely stay at this Extended StayAmerica again.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Billie - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the comfort and cleanliness of your room. Our staff strives to provide exceptional and courteous customer service and I am happy to hear that it was done during your stay.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The room was clean and the stuff was nice. I really enjoy my stay here. The hotel was near the state fair and also near the mall. I would come back here to stay. Everything is near the hotel, the mall restaurant, and more. The freeway is near and everything. I had a awesome time in Sacramento,Ca I had so much fun.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Tammy - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice things about my staff. I am proud of our team for keeping your room clean and providing you with such great service.

Been to Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way? Share your experiences!