“Great Service, Comfy Room” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #61 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Orem, Utah
“Great Service, Comfy Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I got here a little bit early and I was hoping they'd allow me to check in. No problem. The girl (Adriana) at the front desk was sooooo friendly and quickly took care of me. That was a nice reception. And since it was a pretty warm day it was nice to find that the A/C was on in the room. I've stayed at other hotels in this chain and I was a bit surprised to find this room on the small side. But it worked fine. It was comfy and clean and everything worked well. It had a nice flat screen TV, very good internet service and the A/C worked well. This will now be the place I stay whenever I come to this area. And there are several restaurants and fast food places not far from here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the staff and our room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Overall, I was very pleased with this ESA. The staff was polite. The place was clean. It had easy access to shopping and the highway. The one issue I had was the amount of vagrants roaming the parking lots. There were some obvious hustlers and low-lifes hanging around. While we were not robbed and our car was never broken into, it made me constantly nervous, and I had to keep checking out the window to make sure my car was okay. I don't know what could be done; I don't think the staff can honestly do anything about it. Still, it made for a negative atmosphere, especially when these folks would walk back and forth by your room, often trying to peek inside.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor to keep the vagrants away from your room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff and hotel; however, we apologize that you were not comfortable while at our hotel. Please know, we take guest safety very seriously and strive to provide a high-level of security for all of our guests. With that in mind, we will look into your remarks and take action as needed.

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Office staff extremely friendly and helpful, great price, clean and everything is in good working order. There is a secure laundry room with SpeedQueen washing machines, decently priced as well as good operating dryers-good value $2 for 45 min. Spent a month here and would definitely come back!

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Angelina - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the laundry room and our staff. I am proud of our team for being so helpful to you during your stay.

Cambria, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife and I recently drove to Kansas City, Missouri to attend out granddaughter's graduation from Rockhurst University. My son who lives in St. Louis made reservations at the Extended Stay America for members of the family coming in from other states. I had never heard of Extended Stay and was a bit apprehensive. As it turned out, I had nothing to worry about. The location and accommodations were great. The room was like a suite but at a fraction of the cost at other places. When we returned to California we had to go via Sacramento where our ;youngest grandson was graduating from high school. I looked up Extended Stay America on Arden Way. It was great. The people were very nice and it was close to downtown and the Arden Mall. In the future we will stay in Extended Stay America whenever possible.

Room Tip: Make reservations in advance
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

great room, great staff, nice area...I felt safe, water pressure and everything in order! the biggest thing for me was that they were pet friendly! I will use this facility if i'm ever in the area again.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the ground floor but there are elevators if you're a little higher up.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Mikaela Z, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your stay.

Thank you again for your review.

We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Brookings, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

First the good things: the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the internet and TV worked. The furnishings of the room were dreadful. Only one chair for a two person room. Since a kitchenette is part of the deal, where are two people supposed to sit while they eat? The equipment provided was inadequate. Exactly two of everything if they remembered and zippo if not. No slicing knife. No large serving spoon. only one small pan. Now we get to breakfast. They offer "grab and go" That means you get some cellophane wrapped god-awful pastries - and they limit you to one per person. Except that they frequently run out. They do not have enough staff so there is no one to make coffee so that are always out. People would ask for the manager and be told she was not going to be in until the evening. There are of places to stay for longer stays where you want a kitchenette. Go there. Do not stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you didn’t have two chairs in the room and grab and go breakfast didn’t have coffee. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are ordering more chairs and having employee’s to have an extra backup coffee for the breakfast. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at saw@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stood at Extended Stay of America last month for one week (Mon-Sat). I was there for a conference at the Double Tree. This hotel is a great second option to the overpriced Double Tree and is right on the other side of the highway. The room was clean upon arrival. The room has a nice small kitchen w/plates and utensils for cooking (made some killer pancakes one morning) and a refrigerator w/freezer. Free wifi (standard speed is free and was excellent, don't get the "faster" one for a fee). Bathroom had the standard shower/tub combo. Water pressure was on the low side for me (prefer high pressure) and would fluctuate at times, but still good. The A/C worked great (thank God because it was HOT my week in Sac.). The biggest drawback for me was the bed. It was just too stiff for me. Maybe a few years back, I would be okay with it but I am now used to sleeping on a softer bed. My sleep quality sucked the first few days but I finally got used to it by midweek. But still, I would wake up not feeling as refreshed as usual. For the price, this hotel is not too bad. I will consider it next time I am in the area. There was plenty of parking. Did not see a pool or fitness room. The free "continental breakfast" was a joke unless you like free coffee. Lastly, I did have to kill 2 bugs in the room. I am not sure if this was because they were already in the room, or they came in with me after an outdoors activity. I had left my bag on the grass for like 4 hours.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business