“One of the places that isn't expensive but a good place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #53 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
San Francisco, California
“One of the places that isn't expensive but a good place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Rooms are clean. Toilet too. Just have to request them to clean the room. They breakfast to go in the reception. Fruits coffee. Not bad. Would try the one closer to the mall next time. But if I had a car, it would be the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you liked our clean rooms and our Grab ‘n Go breakfast! Thank you again for your review.

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Hello
I stayed at this hotel several times as well as other hotels throughout california! NEVER have i checked in to a extended stay and seen what i saw this time. The rooms were upgraded but, the girl who checked me in was new it was her 2nd day and she had the most inviting smile as well as the best service i have ever had at any extended stay! She told me it was her second day but was excellent! She has the same name as my daughter! Which should give you a hint! Will stay here again for sure and hope to deal with her rather than anyone!!!! Good Upgrade!

Room Tip: Check in with " New girl " You'll be Happy!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you loved our upgrades and our new staff too! Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Oakland, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Extended Stay was great, I respect the chain of hotels. Flat screen TV, apt service, clean towels. Opportunity for cooking, cabinet full of dishes, cups and silverware. Proximity to the mall, Cal Expo and many restaurants. Will be back...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear the location and amenities were so convenient for you.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Excellent service from an able staff. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Laundries and vending machines handy. Overall, now with free breakfast, a top-notch studio/efficiency hotel in a convenient part of Sacramento, near malls and stores. I like it! Recommended to friends and family; I have stayed in Extended Stay Americas in other parts of the country, travelling with children, and was always highly pleased.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were happy with the service you received! Thank you for also recommending us to your family and friends, as we really do appreciate it.

I was glad that you have taken advantage of our new Grab & Go breakfast as well! Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I am thoroughly impressed with the interior remodeling of all guest rooms at this hotel and it genuinely acknowledges that Extended Stay America is sincere in its efforts to catch up with the concerns, as well as needs of its customer base. Would I return to this hotel? Yes. Would I recommend this hotel to friends and family? Yes. I like the newly installed kitchenets with full size refrigerator and all the compliments that are installed for our convenience such as oven, microwave, pots, pans, dishes, and utencils too. The flat screen tv's are also nice with Showtime Channels, USA which I "MUST" have if you get my drift. NCIS, SUITS, BURN NOTICE, etc.
The STAFF here are really great in that they are friendly, professional, acknowleged on getting around the city and great places to eat. I'm a senior citizen and those are some of the plus's I need plus this hotel is only about a quarter mile from the ARDEN WAY MALL and movie complexes and restaurants. Easy access from the highway also. The Guest Laundry Facility is great here. Nice and clean, and safe. You make the decision after all that because I'm worn out talking about the good points. Have yet to see or experience the bad ones yet. PS. The beds are as good as the 4-star hotels. At least in the room I stayed in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind, so I am thrilled that you love the remodel as much as we do and I am so happy to hear that the location is so conveniently located to everything that you need!

We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Pleasant View, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Just returned from a week at this property. Was pleased with location. Parking lot was well lit. Unit was clean, beds were great. Felt safe with limited access to hotel. Was perfect spot for day trips to numerous sites. San Francisco, Muir Woods, Napa Valley, Sacramento, Yosemite, etc. Look forward to staying at another Extended Stay in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with the location of our property as well your accommodations in your guest room. I am happy to here that you felt safe and that we were a perfect place for you to stay at night after taking your day trips. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Sacramento, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I called front desk for price per night and was told $52.99 with AAA discount. When I arrived, was told 62.99. I looked online on my iPhone and it stated 57.99 and the lady at the front desk told me I had to book on my iPhone to get that rate and then no AAA rate was available online. By the time I finished booking on the iPhone, there was a change of shift and the new concierge gave me a lower AAA rate.
But the real issue was that I was trying to get away for two nights for peace and quiet to study for a certification exam ( too noisey at home with the whole family). When I parked, a beat up car packed w a ragged looking family asked me for money and said they were homeless. They blocked my way to the lobby. Then I went to the room and noticed another homeless couple sitting at the edge of the parking lot with their pit bull. The next door room was playing loud music. A room down the hall had traffic of men coming and going with bags. I could here the interstate traffic. The Internet was so slow, I couldn't access my study material. The smell of the room was a combination of bleach plus odor masking fragrance which was so intense, my allergies started acting up. Plus the door access is through outdoor hallway outside of the building ( great for trafficking whatever but not so safe for a single female).
I've never done this before but after 45 minutes of deep breathing and trying to calm myself, I went to the lobby and asked for a refund and left.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that you started off by having such a difficult time reserving the rate that you were quoted. Additionally, I am so sorry that you encountered these type of people at our property. To make sure that this does not happen again, I will be working with my team to eliminate these issues from happening in the future . I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at saw@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way? Share your experiences!