“clean quiet comfort” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Eureka
“clean quiet comfort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I will definitely stay here again. Motel 6 prices but clean comfortable nice rooms equivalent to most 3 star hotels. Very convenient right off hiway 80 close to many eateries and shopping. Very friendly staff. For what you save on the room you can afford to eat out at one of the better restaurants on Truxel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that your stay was clean & comfortable and that all your needs were met during your stay here; whether it was shopping or dining.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Avon, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Gr8 place with excellent service and monthly rate. Also provided is a free fruit and breakfast bar area that helps start the day out right. You also receive weekly maid service. the location is right off I-80 and helps to navigate a crowded freeway system. Parking is plentiful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our new grab-and-go breakfast. Also, I am happy to hear that the rate you received was affordable and that our staff provided you with courteous and accommodating service.

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
Olympia, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I purchased two rooms through the extended stay website and it is misleading. They say "total price" when you make the reservation but when you go to the hotel it is at least 20% more. There is fine print to read. Also, if you write anything in the preference it is ignored - they do not get the information at the location. It took 30 minutes to check in. I thought that was absolutely unnecessary. The manager, Michelle, seems so dedicated and overworked in an ineffective company.

Room Tip: Read the fine print.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Cynthia - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies regarding the confusion with your reservation and the time it took for check-in. Still, we are happy to know that you received courteous and friendly customer service from Michelle.

Syracuse, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The room was great, in a good location, it is close to the airport and the rooms were very clean. I would stay their again. If I had friends going that way I would suggest they stay their. The only problem I had was taken care of very quickly. The room were you I did my laundry was also very clean and I felt safe.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dorothy - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you loved our location and our clean rooms. It's also great to know that you felt safe and would recommend us to your friends or family coming to the area!

San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

-The outside looked nice. Well lit.
-The room would have been nice if it had been CLEAN
-Great t.v.
-Saw many people with pets -so if you have a pet I would recommend this place
-quiet
-convenient location
-Toilet clogged repeatedly -NO plunger in the bathroom -could hear the people on the other side trying to plunge their toilet
-No shampoo, conditioner, extra soap, toilette paper rolls
-crumbs and disgusting yellow stains on the blanket underneath the bedspread!!!
-obviously the blanket had NOT been washed!!!
-a big oil stain on one of the pillow cases
-lipstick lip prints on the coffee mug
-dirty bathtub
The air freshener/room deodorizer was SO overpowering it made my stomach sick and gave me a massive headache. I had to turn the fan on to air-out the room so there was a draft all night and my room was freezing cold, but because the blanket was soiled, I slept with just a sheet and was shivering all night long. Finally, at around 4 AM I couldn't take it any longer so I got a couple of towels and put them on my feet and around my head to keep my ears warm. Needless to say, I did not get much sleep that night and consequently could barely stay awake while driving home that day. I would have been better off sleeping in my car because at least I would have saved $80!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My stay was actually in April 2013. I booked my room through their website. Very easy and I even had a promo code for $10 off! The hotel is easy to find and right off the freeway. I did not notice the noise at all. My room, single queen bed non smoking, was clean, simple and very reasonable in price. It had a 32 inch flatscreen tv and a shower with good water pressure. Its also in an area where fast food is nearby and Target, Old Navy, various eateries. Extended Stay America is a basic and simple hotel. It is not as "cheap" as Motel 6, but it's not the Hyatt. If you are looking for a basic place to sleep, shower, and relax at a good rate, well this is the place. If you want a hot breakfast and complimentary toiletries, then stay some place else. The front desk staff was very nice, helpful. I arrived early before actual check in time (3pm), but this was not an issue at all. She did make an error on my bill but as soon as I pointed it out to her, she immediately fixed the error. They also have snacks in the morning; fruits, instant oatmeal, granola bars, vending style pastries, and coffee/tea. I grabbed a granola bar and some fruit and was off on my way in the morning for my drive up north. The snacks came in handy while hiking. I didn't see anything strange or "shady" in the area other than a homeless man at the intersection by Mcdonalds. If I'm in Sac again in the near future I'll stay again.

Room Tip: Promo codes or coupons can be found with Google searches that can be used to book on their direct we...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such an informative review. I am so happy to know that you appreciate the amenities that we offer and find our convenient location close to eateries and stores so useful. I'm glad you were able to grab some snacks for your hike! Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Antelope, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

A hot Sacramento in a hotel usually means the A/C will be hot, the room stuffy, and people outside trying to get cool. Not so at the Northgate Blvd. Extended America Stay. A quick, friendly check-in, a good description of on-site services and clear path to room and an idea of what was in the neighborhood followed by glorious cool air sneaking out when I opened my room door. Stepping in I found a very clean room, 32" flat screen TV, and a nice sized recliner across from the TV... and it worked!! Can't wait for my next visit!

Room Tip: The third floor above the office area gets no freeway noise
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Tony - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm thrilled that you loved your room and the recliner included inside. As well, I am very happy that you enjoyed our location and were provided with a quick, friendly check-in.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to your next visit as well!

Been to Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate? Share your experiences!