“My trip to Sacramento” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Syracuse, New York, United States
“My trip to Sacramento”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The room was great, in a good location, it is close to the airport and the rooms were very clean. I would stay their again. If I had friends going that way I would suggest they stay their. The only problem I had was taken care of very quickly. The room were you I did my laundry was also very clean and I felt safe.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dorothy - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you loved our location and our clean rooms. It's also great to know that you felt safe and would recommend us to your friends or family coming to the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

-The outside looked nice. Well lit.
-The room would have been nice if it had been CLEAN
-Great t.v.
-Saw many people with pets -so if you have a pet I would recommend this place
-quiet
-convenient location
-Toilet clogged repeatedly -NO plunger in the bathroom -could hear the people on the other side trying to plunge their toilet
-No shampoo, conditioner, extra soap, toilette paper rolls
-crumbs and disgusting yellow stains on the blanket underneath the bedspread!!!
-obviously the blanket had NOT been washed!!!
-a big oil stain on one of the pillow cases
-lipstick lip prints on the coffee mug
-dirty bathtub
The air freshener/room deodorizer was SO overpowering it made my stomach sick and gave me a massive headache. I had to turn the fan on to air-out the room so there was a draft all night and my room was freezing cold, but because the blanket was soiled, I slept with just a sheet and was shivering all night long. Finally, at around 4 AM I couldn't take it any longer so I got a couple of towels and put them on my feet and around my head to keep my ears warm. Needless to say, I did not get much sleep that night and consequently could barely stay awake while driving home that day. I would have been better off sleeping in my car because at least I would have saved $80!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My stay was actually in April 2013. I booked my room through their website. Very easy and I even had a promo code for $10 off! The hotel is easy to find and right off the freeway. I did not notice the noise at all. My room, single queen bed non smoking, was clean, simple and very reasonable in price. It had a 32 inch flatscreen tv and a shower with good water pressure. Its also in an area where fast food is nearby and Target, Old Navy, various eateries. Extended Stay America is a basic and simple hotel. It is not as "cheap" as Motel 6, but it's not the Hyatt. If you are looking for a basic place to sleep, shower, and relax at a good rate, well this is the place. If you want a hot breakfast and complimentary toiletries, then stay some place else. The front desk staff was very nice, helpful. I arrived early before actual check in time (3pm), but this was not an issue at all. She did make an error on my bill but as soon as I pointed it out to her, she immediately fixed the error. They also have snacks in the morning; fruits, instant oatmeal, granola bars, vending style pastries, and coffee/tea. I grabbed a granola bar and some fruit and was off on my way in the morning for my drive up north. The snacks came in handy while hiking. I didn't see anything strange or "shady" in the area other than a homeless man at the intersection by Mcdonalds. If I'm in Sac again in the near future I'll stay again.

Room Tip: Promo codes or coupons can be found with Google searches that can be used to book on their direct we...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such an informative review. I am so happy to know that you appreciate the amenities that we offer and find our convenient location close to eateries and stores so useful. I'm glad you were able to grab some snacks for your hike! Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Antelope, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

A hot Sacramento in a hotel usually means the A/C will be hot, the room stuffy, and people outside trying to get cool. Not so at the Northgate Blvd. Extended America Stay. A quick, friendly check-in, a good description of on-site services and clear path to room and an idea of what was in the neighborhood followed by glorious cool air sneaking out when I opened my room door. Stepping in I found a very clean room, 32" flat screen TV, and a nice sized recliner across from the TV... and it worked!! Can't wait for my next visit!

Room Tip: The third floor above the office area gets no freeway noise
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Tony - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm thrilled that you loved your room and the recliner included inside. As well, I am very happy that you enjoyed our location and were provided with a quick, friendly check-in.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to your next visit as well!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a nice hotel with thoughtful and helpful staff. It is always clean and its tucked in off the interstate just enough to be convenient and quiet. The rooms have kitchens equipped with the basics and the basics are clean and ready for your use. Bring dish soap so you can clean after use.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Steve - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about the hotel and the staff. We are so happy to know you appreciated the cleanliness, the location, and the staff.

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I recently stayed a couple of nights at our local Extended Stay America, off of Northgate Blvd in Sacramento - yes, just down the street basically. However, I was pleasantly surprised of the cleanliness, size, and personal touches provided. It truly felt like home while still being on "vacation". The "homey" feel was primarily due to the kitchenette complete with standard size refrigerator, stove range, microwave, sink, dishes, tableware, pots and pans, AND dishcloths! It was really cute.

I wouldn't mind staying there again or recommending this locale or another Extended Stay America.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Linda - Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I'm thrilled that we were able to provide you with a "home away from home" experience at our hotel! It is very pleasing to hear that you loved our kitchens and found the dishcloth useful as well!

Redding, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

First, it took almost 30 minutes to check in and I was the only one in there. The guy was nice enough, but it didn't seem like he was trained very well.
Second, the room smelled horrible. It was hard to explain what it was, but it was noxious. It was almost like a non-smoking room that had been smoked in and then every chemical in the pantry was used on it.
Also, I hate this new thing of not giving people shampoo. In addition, the soap was so gross. It didn't make me feel clean. It actually made me feel sticky.
I honestly am pretty easy to get along with, but I'm not staying here again. Cheap is cheap, but these guys are "CHEAP!"

Room Tip: Don't stay here! It's gross and cheap.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that your check-in took so long and that your room had an overwhelming chemical smell to it. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have met with the staff for re-training to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at ntg@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate? Share your experiences!