“Quite good for the price” 5 of 5 stars

Governors Inn Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   210 Richards Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95814   |
Ranked #17 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Downey, CA
“Quite good for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Not a 5-star hotel, but for business in & out travel it was a pleasant experience. Hotel & Room was clean and neat, easily accessible. The front desk people didn't jump out and hug me when I arrived but they were courteous enough for my needs. Neighborhood not the best but then I wasn't there for evening walks anyway. Price was right and I will stay there again on my next business trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We were planning a vacation with our teenage daughters and spending a couple of nights in Sacramento. The price seemed to good to be true for just over $85 a night including taxes. Our room was large, clean and very nice. Breakfast was good and open later than most. Staff was friendly and helpful. It is close to downtown and parking was plentiful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was looking for a room close to Sacramento to site see but did not want to spend $150 for a night.
I found this hotel online and I was so pleasantly surprised. It doesn't look like much from the outside but inside the room was LARGE, very clean and the $85 a night even included breakfast.
What a find! Check in was quick and easy and this hotel was a mile from delightful Old town Sac.
This was a great decision. If I am ever in Sacramento again I would absolutely return and would recommend to a friend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've stayed at this hotel for a few days last month and my stay was enjoyable. I ended up getting a regular king bed room. Things that I enjoyed about the room was the fact that there was plenty of breathing room, meaning that the room was pretty large and clean. The shower was nice and there was even a nice flat-panel TV in the room. And breakfast is served in the mornings. Old Sacramento is only a 15 to 20 minute walk from the hotel if you walk down Jibboom street, and downtown Sacramento is not too far either. There aren't any decent places to eat at unless you don't have a problem with the food offerings from nearby Denny's and McDonalds.

Sacramento like any other city has an issue with homeless people, but I've never had a problem with the homeless here. Some can even be nice to talk to. But if you ever have a problem with anything in the area the police station is right across the street.

The prices for the rooms are okay. And I really like how professional, courteous, and just plain nice the staff is to everyone. Say hi to the birdies in the lobby!

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After staying at various hotels while traveling, we were really surprised how nice, clean and friendly this hotel was. Great location, right off the 5, near beautiful parks and close to downtown. Was definitely above my expectations and way better than most of the on the road overnights we've done in the last couple of years

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Always a pleasant stay at Governors Inn in Sacramento. From the driver who picked me up at the Airport to the breakfast server and front desk attendant, each and every staff member strives to make your stay memorable!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Incline Village, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I have stayed here a lot over the last 15 to 16 months. We started out very pleased with the hotel itself, the front desk staff, the rooms and the price. On our recent stay this month we were disappointed. The price is unchanged, as is the front desk staff. However, when we walked into our room we were surprised: on the window was a large, gloppy circle of something that had then dripped down toward the window sill; all four hinges of both cabinet doors concealing the mini-fridge in the room were broken and the doors were just hanging. Every time we wanted something in the fridge we would have to hold onto the doors and then put them back in place. When I turned on the lamp by my side of the bed I noticed a stack of dust that fell onto my pillow when I bumped the lamp shade.
None of the above would be a deal breaker for our return to this hotel, but it is a change from what has been. Our hope is this is not a sign of things to come.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Governors Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!