“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
california
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

After my prepaid hotel downtown telling me that I did not have a room, Governor's Inn was there for me. The room was larger than I expected. Simply decorated. Quiet--which was necessary because I was there for the bar exam. The front desk was very professional and courteous. The only negative really--as I was grateful to just get a room at the last minute--was the frig. The mini frig was more of a swamp cooler. I had planned with my downtown hotel to have a complete kitchen so I had brought some food that needed refrigerated during my stay--but it was a small inconvenience--Dennys was located across the street and McDonalds directly next door so the problem resolved itself. Great stay for the price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Governors Inn H, General Manager at Governors Inn Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
CaliforniaVisitor - Very glad to read that you had an excellent stay with us and we were able to meet your need at the last minute. look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

The hotel is quite nice and very clean. The staff is absolutely exceptional. Also, the park and river are in short walking distance and downtown within a 5 minute courtesy shuttle ride. Excellent. There is excellent dinign nearby as well.

Room Tip: The back side is qiueter whereas there is a 24 hour McDoinald's near the front.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
John E. - Thank you for the EXCEPTIONAL compliments of our staff! They do a fabulous job. Great to read that you had such a wonderful stay and we hope to see you back soon.
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Nice place for the money rooms are clean free breakfast , easy on off the highway . Only down side there is nothing around there to walk to 10 min to old sac, and easy to get to downtown Sacramento good for a few days stay

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rayt52 - Thank you so much for staying with us! We appreciate you taking the time to review your time with us and found it easy to get where you needed to go. Happy travels.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is a nice, clean, comfortable hotel with a great value. The check in gentleman with the English accent was very professional and polite. The only thing is he would be on the excellent side if he had a little more of a personality...sorry...just a little constructive criticism. Don't get me wrong, he was NOT rude. Maybe its just an English thing?
I would recommended this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
Srwolffy,
Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our staff works very hard to deliver a great experience for each and everyone of our guests. Look forward to seeing you again.
Stockton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Upon arrival everything appeared Great. Checked in went to the room. Room looked Great. After getting settled we went out for dinner and a show. When we got back I went to put our leftover food and other food we got as we thought, "this is a nice hotel we may stay another nite or more". I put the food in fridge noticed it wasn't plugged in, so I plugged it in.... After about an hour I realized that that loud noise from the fridge wasnt going away. the fridge was so loud you had to turn the tv up to cover. I then noticed every time someone entered or left the building the whole wall on the bed shook with a loud Bang!!!! Thought ok if I can climatize to the loud fridge maybe I can sleep. Well at 3am I had enough and had to unplug the fridge, now it seemed like every 12 to 14 minutes the door would slam and wake both my wife and I, THIS IS NO EXAGERATION !!! IF YOU DECIDE ON THIS HOTEL DO NOT TAKE A ROOM AT THE ENDS OR YOU WONT SLEEP!!!!!
Also in a hotel Its not PLEASANT when the bathroom Exhaust fan Doesn't Work!!!!
AT 7AM I HAD A ZOMBY STATE OF MIND AND DECIDED TO GO TALK TO FRONT DESK. I WOULD HAVE RATHER BEEN TOLD TO GO TO HECK THEN BE PATRENIZED. I expected ALLOT More respect from the staff than I got. Also at checkout I began to mention the issues and was Cut Off by a just this side of I don't care, "sorry" handed my bill and don't believe their was a thank you, come again, go to heck etc..... Ive scraped more personality off the bottom of my shoe!!!!
Mr. Dillard
If your not going to get any sleep you can do it for ALLOT LESS.....
If theirs a manager reading this I was in room 129 on the night of 2/15/14 CALL ME!

Room Tip: If you choose this place anyways Do not get a room on the ends
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

The Governor's Inn is a very good hotel for the price. The location is convenient to the city and Midtown areas as well as the airport. I have stayed there twice as of this time. Will definitely stay here again if I am in the Sacramento area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Governors Inn H, General Manager at Governors Inn Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Janine,

We sincerely thank you for staying with us! We appreciate the five star rating on Trip Advisor. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Samoa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The surprise was the small amount of other guests. It has been a while since I stayed here and it was always a full house. Not so any more. There use to be an airport shuttle that was very busy. (we used it when we were traveling to the east coast) one daughter now lives in Sacramento and the other in in the process of moving there. Therefore we have not needed that service for a while. All was good except the breakfast. Selection was not that great and the rolls were dry and lacked taste. Like they had been frozen to long. No staff was present in the room either morning. If breakfast was a big deal to me you would have gotten a poor. If breakfast had been better you would have gotten the top rating. I was there for two events, one downtown at the State Fire Marshals office and one at the CHP training ground. It was convenient for this trip and I was treated well by staff.

Room Tip: I was in 235 and it was fine. I would think if you were across the hall or closer to the Highway it...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Robert D,
Thank you for staying with us at the Governors Inn Hotel. We appreciated that you came back to see us. Sorry that our continental breakfast did not meet your expectation. We are doing some fine tuning to our continental breakfast. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again.

Been to Governors Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!