“Stay here!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
San Jose Ca
“Stay here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I always read reviews on hotels before I stay. For some reason this hotel kept popping up. Ok fine some reviews good some not decided to take a chance. So glad I did! The front lobby is attractive & the front desk employee was efficient & courteous. We were starving & she made some suggestions for restaurants right across the street. We were able to park our car near the side entry & near the elevator. The area on first floor is quite big with a built in sofa that looks so inviting to relax tired travelers. And has 2 vending machines for late night munchies. Our room was spacious and clean. Nice muted colors kept the room low lit even with a lamp on. Maybe too dark for some we liked it. A ceiling fan circulated the air in the room as it was a muggy day. Plantation shutters ( a nice diversion from dusty curtains)kept the sun out but with the windows open let in fresh air. We also had the air con running at night. The vanity had granite counters keeping in line with the color scheme. A coffee maker with REAL mugs was a nice surprise! A shower was all we had in our room which was fine. The water pressure was great & the shower itself was very clean as was the rest of the bathroom. Our king bed was comfortable. And a small sofa was also in the room. The area itself is fine. Some reviews were not favorable regarding the area. Its proximity allows access to major freeways a Dennys McDonalds & a gas station. Those are important to us. We aren't buying property here so attractive is not important. The Grovesnor is right next to the police department if that make one secure. It's an industrial area bottom line. And we did not hear any traffic noise at all. We were however facing the PD side of the property not the other side which is closer to the freeway.
We were at the Grovesnor for 2 nights & no complaints. There is a Summerfield also our rates were better. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Governors Inn H, General Manager at Governors Inn Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear arlene1215,

Thank you for your recent review of the Governors Inn Hotel Sacramento. We really appreciate your high praise of the hotel staff and accommodations. If we can absolutely do anything to make a future visit to Sacramento more enjoyable, please let us know. We are glad you stayed with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Found this place on Hotwire, I would recommended after staying here several times. We gave it a shot and were pleasantly surprised. Nice location, nice staff, clean rooms, spacious rooms, easy on and off freeway access, a couple of restaurants and a Mickey D's all within walking distance. Breakfast was great. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear SusanBurnside,

Thank you for your recent review of the Governors Inn Hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for your kudos on location, nice staff, clean and spacious rooms. As you can see our team works really hard to give every guest a wonderful experience at our hotel. If we can do anything to make a future visit to Sacramento more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Vancouver Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This shares a driveway with McDonald's and right next door to the Police Department.

The hotel has been renovated and the rooms are huge. Its very quiet and the housekeeping staff makes an effort to fold your towels in fans and it uses actual coffee cups and glasswares in the room.

Breakfast is very minimal continental but if you want more, there is McDonalds right next door. There is no restaurants within walking distance but there is a mall within 15 - 20 minutes away. Use your Smartphone to look for a popular restaurant like Red Lobsters and you will drive right by a lot of other choices by the mall.

Room Tip: Entrance to the hotel is shared with McDonald's drive way.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sarlye,

Thank you for your recent review of the Governors Inn Hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed the hotel and your stay with us. As you mentioned, we do offer a continental breakfast with a range of items including breads, yogurt, hot waffles, fruit, cereal and other items.

Just recently a Denny's opened directly across the street from our hotel. We are also one exit away from Old Sacramento and Downtown which offers an array of good restaurants. Sacramento is also promoting the "farm to fork" where some of our local restaurateurs and chefs are producing great food from crops grown right here in the central valley.

Thank you for staying with us!
Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

A friend recommended after staying here several times. We gave it a shot and were pleasantly surprised. Nice location, nice staff, clean rooms, spacious rooms, easy on and off freeway access, a couple of restaurants and a Mickey D's all within walking distance. Our room was near the McD drive through and never heard it from our room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jacqueline A,

Thank you for recent review of the Governors Inn Hotel. We appreciate all of the great comments on your review. Please let us know how we can make a future visit to Sacramento even more enjoyable. Thank you for staying with us!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I don't give this five star rating lightly. I had to make a last minute trip to Sacramento and with no previous visits to the city, I had no idea where my meeting was, how to get there, etc. The staff at the Governors Inn went above and beyond helping my mom and I get to where we needed to be and didn't make us feel like we put them out at all! The Inn is beautifully decorated and very clean. Every single person, from George who picked us up at the airport, to the check in gal, to their second driver was a delight to meet. I wish we had this hotel in my neck of the woods! Did I mention the price was fabulous too!

Room Tip: We had double queens and the room was still very big. Beds were a bit on the hard side for my taste...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear sdbrookelin,

Thank you so much for your review of the Governors Inn Hotel. We love your review headline! It is wonderful to read you enjoyed your time with us and that our staff exceeded your expectations. Our team works very hard to ensure our facilities are well maintained and consistently offer a comfortable environment for our guests. I will be sharing your review with our staff and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked this hotel through Booking.com. But I had to change my itinerary and needed to stay in downtown area. After I cancelled, I was told to wait for 7-8 business days for the refund. So I waited and didn’t receive my refund on the 8th day. As a result, I had to cut my trip short because I needed the money to stay 3 more days in SF area. The front desk person said that the general manager who was responsible for processing the refund had gone for a vacation for 2 weeks and no one could confirm whether the refund had been made. Then finally the general manager got back from a long vacation. Although she has forgotten to deposit the refund, she was not apologetic at all. I wanted to hear at least “I’m sorry” from her. The other reception person who called me sounded very rude, too. She also did not apologize. The rude attitudes of the hotel staffs left me with a bad impression of the hotel. Anyway, don’t book this hotel if you aren’t sure about your travel itinerary. Hotel itself looked nice, but it is in a very run-down depressive looking area of town and there is nothing to see around the hotel (just Denny’s and McDonald). Women travelling alone (like me) are not advised to stay here unless they have cars. But then they will have to worry about for paying for the parking in the downtown area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Solvang, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were there for the last two nights and were very pleased with our stay. The customer service (especially with Heiner, who was both courteous and friendly when we made our reservation) was great throughout our stay. Although this hotel is not the Ritz, it's very clean and comfortable. Our room, which was a King's Suite, was large and nicely appointed. Although the bathroom was relatively small, both the towels and the bed linens were very good quality. The continental breakfast was average except for the waffles which were great! We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try for a higher floor on the back side of the building which is further from the freeway and quiete...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear ByDandL,

Thank you for your recent review of the Governors Inn Hotel. We really appreciate your high praise of the hotel staff and accommodations. I am glad we exceeded your expectations.

Been to Governors Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!