“Decent” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Pittsburg, California
“Decent”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We asked for a non-smoking room, but the room we got stunk. We stayed in it anyway. The bed was not too comfortable and the pillows were flat, but everything seemed clean enough. There were a lot of people hanging out at this hotel - homeless people, crackheads, and prostitutes, probably. Both nights we stayed, there was very LOUD sex happening in an adjoining room ALL NIGHT. Some banging from it woke me up. Prostitution. There were piles of clothes stacked by the elevator, and the elevator reeked of marijuana. The workers seemed friendly. We refused housekeeping and got our own fresh towels from the front desk when we needed them. Otherwise, it was cheap and decent. However, I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: I don't think it matters.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I was staying in this hotel due to homelessness, & upon leaving, I came back to pay for another day, I was informed that I could not rent a room because I smoked in a non smoking room, when I clearly asked for a smoking room. This is room 212 (I believe, second floor on the end closest to freeway) there are NO no smoking signs in the door or in the room or not even on my receipt. They even had ash trays in the room.! I it's non smoking why is there ashtrays along with any non smoking signs ??? They told me I had to pay 200$ on top of the nightly rate if i wanted to stay there again. I told the manager and she said "oh well, it's nothing I can do about it, it's a non smoking room and there is suppose to be a sticker on the door " . I can see why this place is cheap , they are full of crap!

• Stayed June 2014
los angeles, california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great location a few blocks from Sacramento courthouse on Power Inn Road. Nothing fancy but clean rooms, good beds, quiet, very helpful and friendly front desk, very low rates. I stay here everytime I have to go to court.

Room Tip: For quiet pick a room on a higher floor away from the large freeway.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your delightful review on Tripadvisor’s website. We are thrilled to hear that we have exceeded your expectations! At Good Nite Inn Sacramento, we care about our customers and endeavor our best efforts to make their visit enjoyable and uncomplicated. We very much appreciate your kind words, particularly of who provided excellent service to assist you with your requirements. We will certainly share your favorable comments to the team! Again, thank you for the gift of feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Good Nite Inn Sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Staff is friendly, rooms are clean, some with mini fridges (if requested), good prices. This is my spot whenever I stay in Sacramento area Very highly recommended. If you make reservations ahead of time online, it's even more inexpensive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your positive feedback! We are delighted to hear that you always enjoy your visits at our Inn and our friendly service. We appreciate your favorable comments on our associates, and we are privileged to be working with such a great team. We value the relationships we have developed with our customers and the repeat and referral business which we depend on. We look forward to welcoming you back to Good Nite Inn Sacramento.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I pretty much live here. I feel very safe at this hotel. Staff are nice and always helpful. Maids are nice and always do there best to keep the rooms clean. Grounds are well kept. Yes there are people standing outside but are they not allowed to? I feel safe.no.matter who's there or whats happening. If u don't like the smell of smoke BOOK A NONE SMOKING ROOM. I love this hotel. I love the big king beds and adjusting shower heads. Carpets are clean bathrooms clean. I recommend this hotel. Great room for a great price.

• Stayed July 2014
Please accept our sincere thanks for your recent correspondence regarding your pleasant experience with our hotel. We are always pleased to hear from our guests, especially when we have succeeded in making their experience a pleasant one. It is our goal to give our customers the best possible service. Our employees are our most valuable asset and we are proud of their accomplishments. We are particularly pleased when they succeed in making a valued guest, such as yourself, feel welcome. We look forward to serve you on your next visit to our area. Your continued loyalty is very important to us.
Orange country
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We booked 3 rooms here just because this is the closest place to stay near our very ill friend's house, and the nightly rate was a bonus, $48/night. This is a typical motel type place where the rooms' doors are exposed to public road. Take your risk.
After an exhausting day, we were awakened by a 6am call asking us to go down the front desk to sign a form(about policy?) Very unusual and weird at that hour aside from the fact that we signed everything during our check in. The caller even asked if my husband is the one signing. Perhaps trying to know if there's a male inside. I said yes but it's too early and we will deal with that later and I hung up. Of course my sleep was interrupted already and upon further investigation, we found out that the second lock was partly opened, and I went to my friends room to tell this story. When I'm about to return to my room, there was a big, hiphop looking man standing outside my room. Scared, I retreated back in. That guy, walked to the end of the hallway pretending to be on the phone.
We informed the front desk, they said they didn't make any calls and advised us to report incidents like this immediately.
It could be one of those guys who will lure you out of your room and rob you.
This is what you get for $ 48./night I guess. Just be careful. Always double check.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
We would like to apologize to you for any inconveniences that might have had during your stay with us. We wish these items were brought to our attention at check in or during your stay so they could have been handled in a prompt manor. We are available 24 hours a day to my staff and for all the guests if needed either in person or by phone. We can assure all of our future guests that we have put some policies in place to limit if not completely eliminate this issue. Once again we would like to apologize to you for the issues that arose and hope that they would consider us in the future as we are a very active company in taking care of our problems.
El Monte, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We made it to the hotel around 10PM. The lobby closes after 9PM. We had to check in using a window with a slot in it built at waist level. I felt awkward bending over at the waist to talk to the attendant through the slot.
My room was clean and well organized. The neighborhood was safe. I got a good night's rest. The cost of my room didn't bankrupt me.
I think that covers all the bases.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Good Nite Inn Sacramento? Share your experiences!