“Close to the convention center but very loud” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #36 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Granada Hills, CA
“Close to the convention center but very loud”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

The Quality Inn is probably the most convenient budget hotel to the convention center. It's about a block away. But there is a night club on 15th that goes until 2:00 am and is very loud when everyone gets out at 2:00. It's also close to a fire station and I heard several police cars going by.

Besides that, I found the room to be clean and functional. The continental breakfast was good, and the person at the front desk (Frances) was friendly and helpful. Except for the noise, if I were to be going to another convention in Sacramento I would probably stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
SAC818, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown, responded to this review, July 16, 2009
We are pleased that you stayed with us and sorry to hear about loud nightclub. I am working on that to get it under controll. Thank you for your comment and hope we see you soon.

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sacramento
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2009

Not a bad place to stay. This isn't a luxury inn or anything, but the room was clean and had everything we needed for a one night stay after a night out watching a friend perform downtown. The continental breakfast was worth the trip down to the office; everything was fresh, with plenty of options. The front desk staff the night we checked in and the morning after was very nice.

• Liked — Clean room, comfortable bed and pillow.
  • Disliked — We stayed on a Sat. nite, loud until around 2a.m. due mostly to foot traffic on nearby sidewalk. Not unbearable, but wouldn't recommend to early to bed types.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Thank you for your comments and happy to hear that you had good time at Quality inn, We are here to welcome you soon.
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2008

This is a decent but no-frills in downtown Sacramento. OK, it's not the most appealing of places to stay - it's in the shadow of a 8-story parking garage. But it's good value for where it is (a lot of the other 'downtown' Sacramento motels are actually a shuttle ride away). I paid $51 including tax.

The room was fine and very clean. The staff were friendly - they didn't let me check in early, but it was fine to leave the car and a bag there during the day. Not a lot of ambience, but what do you expect for the price?

• Liked — Location, price
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2007

It could have been a lot better, but it could have been a lot worse. It's difficult to find because the hotel is in the center of the block with only a driveway and an alley connecting it to the street. Rooms are average, but the place feels a bit creepy because all the stairwells and elevator have card-key gate doors which kind of make you feel like you're entering or exiting a jail.

I did not try the continental breakfast so I have no idea. What bothered me was the indifference and occasional rudeness of the staff. My card key kept not working on the gates, and I would have to go into the office to have the key reprogrammed. The first time they said "you're keeping it too close to your cell phone". I said "my cell phone is 500 miles away." The next time, another girl said "the access turns off after 11am" (check-out time). That second girl is also the one who, when I showed up to check in at 2pm, said "check in is at 3pm. You'll have to come back then," Not "would you like to wait" or "would you like some complimentary leftovers from the continental breakfast", just "come back then."

The other staff complaint is about the tag-team method they use to clean the rooms. It appears one lady comes through and does certain things, then leaves the curtains half-open as a signal for the next woman to come in later and do the rest. I never quite knew when it was OK to be there and when it wasn't - and the one time I came back mid-morning and the curtains were open, I closed them - and since I messed up their secret signal, I didn't get the rest of my room serviced that day. They also turn on the TV and watch Telemundo while they make the bed, because no matter what channel I had on the TV when I turned it off, whenever I came back to the room after room service had been through, the TV was set to Telemundo!

It's a heck of a lot cheaper than other hotels in the area, so I guess it could be a lot worse. Speaking of a lot worse, there's an Econo Lodge two blocks down which looks like it's falling to pieces - I'm sure glad I didn't stay there!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Desk staff could use some training on courtesy
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
bay area, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2007

I wish I had read the reviews more closely. I also checked in late to find the lobby door locked. When I asked the woman whether or not this is a dangerous area, she responded that since they are in an alley (an alley!!) and have money that they lock the doors. Her cell phone rang and she actually went to pick it up. Then, as I walked to the (also locked) elevator, there was a drunken old man who couldn't get through the gated door because he was too wasted to find his card key. Definitely not a good first impression.

When I got to my room, I was extremely disappointed at how run down the room was. The wear and tear on the room was noticable and rings stained the countertop near the sink. Once I finally tried to settle down, the noise from outside was pretty loud that I could actually hear people's conversations.

I definitely would NOT bring anyone here - yuck!

Pros - location & breakfast
Cons - dirty, run down room; loud

• Liked — Location, continental breakfast
  • Disliked — Dirty, wireless didn't work, noisy
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Glendale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2007

We actually booked a room here based on the majority of reviews for this hotel from tripadvisor. I am picky and critical when I spend my money somewhere and I figured the other bad reviews were too. So, we booked a one bedroom suite for 3 people and a baby. On the Quality Inn website, I was led to believe they had cribs so I requested a crib in the comments section when I booked the room. We got to the hotel and I asked about the crib, the desk clerk said they didn't have any cribs. I spent the rest of the night not sleeping well, worried that my one year old would fall out of bed.
The room itself was barely okay. The pull out couch felt like you were sitting on a rock, it was so hard. I don't have any comment on the pull out bed because when is a pull out bed EVER comfortable. There was only one television. I expected the room to have a telly but all there was room for was the queen bed and the two night stands. There was no heater in there and the parents ended up freezing all night.
The suite was not thoroughly cleaned before we got there and in one of the drawers, there was raisins sitting out. Fortunately, we found them before the baby did. YUCK!!
The location was good for us but the security measures needed did not make us feel like we were in a safe neighborhood.
For our second night in Sacramento, we ended up walking into the Clarion Mansion Inn and getting a room for the same price as Quality Inn.
I do not recommend Quality Inn and I don't think I will ever stay at one again. The Clarion is a sister hotel of Quality Inn and way better quality!

• Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
El Monte, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2006

Good location, close to capitol.
Car wouldn't start--staff helped me jump start it.
Needed to park after 3pm--No Problem.
Breakfast--ample and delicious.

• Liked — Location & breakfast.
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything.
  • Tips/Secrets — Book early.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Quality Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!