“Needs improvement” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
florida
“Needs improvement”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

This hotel has great landscape, nice area, next to everything, the staff is wonderful however the price was high, the rooms were old and need repair quickly. The a/c was archaic. Not my best stay...plus everything is for a fee. Also the food was decent for a 12dollar buffet.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
DTSacramento, manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento, responded to this review, April 27, 2010
Thank-you for your response and choosing Doubletree Hotel Sacramento! Our hotel is spread out over 17 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, offering Cityside Café, RJ Grin’s Sports Lounge, 24 hour business center, Precor fitness area and 32,000 sq ft of meeting space, all under one roof! We know that the hotel is spread out, but hopefully the views made the walk the enjoyable; fountains, creek, ducks and pool. We look forward to your next visit, so we can beat your expectations. Thank-you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Central Coast, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

I booked my stay based upon a couple of reviews posted on TripAdvisor. I found the room large, but in need of an upgrade (smaller tube TV, uncomfortable bed, dinged up furniture). The bathroom has newer granite tops and nice lighting. The room was noisy with freeway sounds keeping me awake.

I noticed some mildew on the shower curtain and what appeared to be a dead smashed bug or something more disgusting wiped on the sheer window drapery.

Upside - very friendly and responsive staff! Across the street from an Elephant Bar, nice menu and bar.

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Thank-you for your response and choosing Doubletree Hotel Sacramento! We are in the process of a $1.5 million dollar guestroom renovation that will improve our guest experience. We will further investigate this situation and we thank-you for bringing this matter to our attention. We look forward to your next visit, so we can beat your expectations. Thank-you again!
IRVINE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

This hotel is built in the sprawling "spoke-style," which can make for some long hikes to the lobby - but that is something that I enjoy... it breaks up the monotony and gives me a chance to stretch my legs. Large and comfortable rooms along with great restaurant service and offerings made this a pleasant experience. I am Hilton Diamond member but booked this hotel via Hotwire, and got a great price.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Thank-you for your response and choosing Doubletree Hotel Sacramento! We are in the process of a $1.5 million dollar guestroom renovation that will improve our guest experience. We have created a few new packages that offer a few of the important amenities; breakfast and internet. We would like to thank-you for bringing this to our attention! We look forward to your next visit, so we can beat your expectations. Thank-you again!
Mosier, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

Thought I'd post a positive review, some of the ones here might give you the wrong opinion... I had a trade show here in town this week, stayed here 4 nights. Ate here at the hotel for breakfast daily, dinner one night and drinks/ appetizers one night with some colleagues, all great. Service in the bar was on the slow side, but other than that every encounter with a staff member was pleasant. Breakfast was done well with some creative items on the menu. Bed VERY comfortable, updated furnishings and nice decor in the room.

Pet friendly, we had our two miniature dachshunds with us and there are lots of places to take them for walks, the pet charge was $50 for the stay. Only beef I had was that I'd called to say we'd be in very late the first night and had to wait 15 minutes at 3 am for the system to come back up... I'd hoped the person I spoke with would have had it printed up.

Internet access is pricey, I'm a Hilton Diamond member, so no charge for me, but I agree, it's common for most mid range hotels these days to allow access at no charge. That's the worst I can say though; all in all, a nice week in a nice spot.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
dunebuggyfun, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento, responded to this review, February 1, 2010
Thank-you for your response and choosing Doubletree Hotel Sacramento! We like to hear the positive feedback too! We would like to thank-you for letting us know about the bar staff and we are looking into the internet pricing. We look forward to your next stay with us, so we can beat your expectations again! Thank-you again for choosing Doubletree Hotel Sacramento!
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

This is a nice hotel, especially for the price I got via a bidding website. If i would have had to pay full price, I do not think I would have reviewed it a highly. No fridge, no microwave, and we were disappointed no in-room wireless internet. There was a $10/day fee for a connection. it was very quiet, but it was over the Christmas holiday and there weren't many guests. Very good location to freeway and shopping.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for choosing Doubletree Hotel Sacramento! We take into consideration the price of our internet on a daily basis, unfortunatley we are held to a corporate standard. We do offer a number of packages, that include internet access wit the room rate. When reserving our hotel next time, please ask the reservation agent to help you find these packages. Thank-you again for choosing Doubletree Hotel Sacramento!
Chino Hills, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

When I checked in at 9pm I found the smoke detector in the room was beeping. I called the front desk and asked for a new room. Was told that they would not accommodate my request and that they would send an engineer to the room. After 20 minutes I took my bags to the front desk, told them I'd be sitting in the chair in front of them and asked that they inform me when the smoke detector had been fixed (9:20 pm at this point). Forty minutes later (10pm) I approached the desk and asked if the detector had been fixed yet. The woman called the engineer and was told that he'd called the other woman at the desk 30 minutes before to let her know it had been taken care of. As far as I'm concerned this was completely unacceptable. Will not stay at this hotel again, and will think twice about a Double Tree. I travel A LOT. Have never experienced this level of disregard here or internationally.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Thank-you for choosing Doubletree Hotel Sacramento! We missed an opportunity to WOW you, so we thank-you brining this to our attention. We will take this to our Front Desk team and your this situation as a training item and We look forward to your next visit, so we can beat your expectations. Thank-you again!
WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2009

I have reserved a couple of rooms for my friends and I for the upcoming weekend, and I am already regretting it. As per instructions after booking the rooms online I called the hotel to confirm the number of beds...as I was needing two rooms, each one with double beds. It seemed to me like a simple ordeal, but the clerk on the other end was rude and wasn't very helpful, as he was telling me that he couldn't hear me... though I could hear that it was extremely loud in the background like club music or something on his end of the line. He told me to call back and hung up on me. Very unprofessional. Didn't sound to me like a nice quiet place to stay at, especially since it is only a wed night and not even the week end yet. I am not feeling very confident that i will arrive on friday and get exactly what I've reserved. Is it not important to have well mannered, knowledgeable staff answering phones, since they may be the first person a guest may interact with at a hotel? Hope they will be more impressive when I do get there. I only rated it 1 star because I have not checked in yet. Perhaps I will change my mind after after the week end.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
dunebuggyfun, manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento, responded to this review, December 1, 2009
We apologize for your first impression of our hotel! The priority of our staff is make you feel welcome and appreciated; clearly we missed an opportunity to WOW you! We are embarrassed that your first impression made you want to write this review. We would like to know how your stay went, so that we can follow-up on any other concerns. Thank-you again for choosing Doubletree Hotel Sacramento!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento? Share your experiences!