“Better then Last Time” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Seattle, Washington
“Better then Last Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel quite a few times in the past years for work, and this time my room was better then normal. Room was spotless on arrival including bathroom. Very quiet room as well, even though the hotel was fairly booked. Was dissapointed with the service in the restaurant, however the food was good. Lots of military people staying at the hotel, and they have some sort of special menu and access to the salad/soup/dessert area. I requested just one trip through the salad bar, and was told a huge price. I asked why everyone else was going up there and he said it was because they were military and it was allowed for them. The table of cute girls next to me asked to go up there and he told them ok but not to tell anyone.... not cool. But either way the food that I did get was good!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Jarod M,

First of all I want to thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Family. Please know that your feedback is very important and it will be shared with the rest of the team. I am pleased to see that you were happy with the room, but I apologize for your experience in the restaurant.. Please know that I will personally follow up with the appropriate department leaders to ensure that this will not happen in the future.

I trust that we will see you again in your next visit to Sacramento.

Cosmin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Santa Rosa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My Husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights. The first night our tailgate was stolen from the parking lot-keep in mind when you stay at this hotel you have to pay to park in their parking lot. When my husband became aware our tailgate (and 2 others) was missing he went to speak to the manager who told him that it was not Doubletree's problem- hmmmm. That afternoon I spoke to a different manager who let me know that he would fill out an incident report and send it to his insurance company-OK now I have filled out a police report, incident report, and have just heard from Hiltons insurance that we cannot prove it happened there-(although the adjuster told my husband there was another claim for another tailgate stolen from that night) and we are on our own- So we paid to park in a lot that was supposed to be secure and incurred a cost of a tailgate for a 2009 F350 Longbed pickup-to the tune of 2000.00+

Stay at your own risk-I will never stay here again. And I will make sure everybody I know does not as well.

Thanks for nothing DOUBLETREE-

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kari C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent visit at the DoubleTree Hotel. I would like to thank you for the feedback and offer my sincere apologies to you for the inconveniences you encountered while a guest in our Hotel. Please know that I have personally spoken with the appropriate department leaders so that we can take the necessary corrective action and prevent any of such occasions in the future.

As a guest of Hilton Hotels, I am sure you have come to expect the very finest from us, as well you should. It is my endeavor to rebuild the trust and I am hoping that in your future visits to Sacramento, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel will remain the hotel of your choice.

Pismo Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Arrived on a Monday at 3:20pm and was told my room was not ready. I had a conference to attend at 4:30 and wanted to shower and change. I received the standard line from the front desk that check in begins at 4pm. Are you kidding? Room was finally available at 4:05 pm. Not a good start. The hotel is very dated and tired. Layout is poor, like a 60's style motel that was pieced together with long hallways connecting each building. Room was OK but the noise coming from the bathroom vent was so loud that I had to sleep with the door to the bathroom shut. Staff was friendly and apologetic but I would choose to go elsewhere next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Loco Travelers,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent visit at the DoubleTree Hotel. Without constructive feedback from a guest such as yourself, it is not possible for our company to measure the quality of service provided.

Burlingame, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I am regular DoubleTree user, but found this hotel to be less than what I expected.
It felt old and tired. Of course the bed linens are up to DoubleTree standards, but the room felt empty and not fancy at all. The room was spacious, with sparse furniture and maybe that is why I say it felt empty. The fitness center...is like "what?? this is it" ?? Did not use any other amenities.
And what's up with charging for overnight parking? The smaller DoubleTree's I believe ..do not do that.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Hotel California Days,

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a weekend conference. Sleeping accommodations were above average but conference rooms are scattered throughout the complex so somewhat difficult to find where one needed to be for breakout meetings.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear DLR9187,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent conference. I am happy to see that overall you had a great experience despite the fact that the conference rooms were far apart. I trust that this will not prevent you from returning in the future.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Nice folks at the front desk. Restaurant service spotty. Room was clean, but the cream for coffee was sour. Easy to use Hilton honors points for free and discounted rooms, but they did not provide the wine that I had pre-ordered upon arrival. Was too busy to call and complain about it and too busy to really have time to enjoy it, but never the less, it was not there. Parking was expensive @$8 a day for self-park.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Coomsey,

I would like to thank you for the feedback and offer my sincere apologies to you for the inconveniences you encountered while a guest in our Hotel. Please know that your feedback will be used to improve and learn. I also want to thank you for recognizing the team members at the front desk that took care of you.

As a guest of HHonors guest, I am sure you have come to expect the very finest from us, as well you should. It is my endeavor to rebuild the trust and I am hoping that in your future visits to Sacramento, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel will remain the hotel of your choice.

Camp Nelson, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. The grounds are well maintained, the buildings look nice from the outside, and there is plenty of close in parking (At eight bucks a night.) Inside the Sutter Wing, where our room was, it is a somewhat different story. The exterior door was unlocked at all times. Anyone could wander in off the street and enter the building. The lack of security surprised me. Walking down the hallway, it was plain to see that the carpets hadn't been cleaned in awhile. Not filthy, but the dirt build up along the edges and in the corners was evident.

Inside the room everything looked nice at first glance, but then little things caught our attention. A paper clip on the floor told me that the vacuuming hadn't been very well done. The over spray from hairspray told me the mirror hadn't been cleaned. Not big things, but indicators that the room wasn't all that clean. Also, my wife discovered there was only one wash cloth and one hand towel in the room. When I called the front desk, the reply I got was "What do you want?" Wash clothes and towels were delivered within the hour.

The biggest problem we had was the lack of hot water. My wife had a business meeting early the next morning and awoke to lukewarm water in the shower. When I attempted to shower a couple of hours later, the water was to cold to use. Later on in the afternoon there was plenty of hot water, so I assumed the problem was fixed. Not! The following morning the water was too cold to shower in. When we reported it to the desk, the reply was we should have told them earlier!

The common areas of the hotel are very nice. Just an all around pleasant setting. Drinks at the bar were pricey, but it is a nice atmosphere. We had two meals at the restaurant and enjoyed both. The waiter, Bernie, was very pleasant and fun. We requested to be seated in his area the second night.

Overall, I can't give this hotel any more then average. Not up to Hilton standards and not worth the price we paid.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize if we were unable to live to your expectations. We are looking into the issues you mentioned with cleanliness, and can assure you this is not the norm. We hope that you give us another chance, and join us again soon. We look forward to your return, and hope to see you soon!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento? Share your experiences!