“Peace and quiet” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Fresno, California
“Peace and quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

Fairfield Inn is convenient to the freeway. It is a clean, comfortable and quiet place with friendly staff. The continental breakfast was as good as other places I've been. The coffee was especially good. My visit was to go to the airshow for which Fairfield provided free tickets. I also took a tour of the State Capital, visited Black Chasm Cavern and Jackson Rancheria Casino before going home to Fresno. I did everything on my plan. I had a good time.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
MONTEBELLO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel annually for the last four years. Every visit results in great service, clean rooms and very helpful staff. When we arrived our room did not have the refrigerator that we usually had. The front desk advised us that we usually have a room with 2 Queen beds and those came with the refrigerator. Even though our specific room did not come with the refrig. within 10 minutes one arrived at our room. To me that is great service.

The breakfast area is always clean and constantly refilled when necessary.

This hotel is not downtown but since we don't need downtown the location is great for us .It is also 2 minutes from the Costco gas station which is a plus.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone travelling in the Sacramento area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Rutland, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights at the beginning of a trip and 1 night again at the end. The rooms were clean and roomy. The desk staff was friendly and helpful. The pool and hot tub were great. We were nervous about previous reviews regarding the train noise. My very-light-sleeper husband had no problem with noise from inside or outside the hotel. The complimentary ear plugs came in handy on the flight home - thanks! (We would NOT recommend eating at the Panini Grill at the Marriott Courtyard next door for dinner - the food was gross.)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

I stayed here on my way from Seattle to Orange County. It was the second night of the three-day trip and I was pleasantly surprised to have a fairly big room -- large enough to do some yoga stretching with no problems after seven hours of driving. The bed takes up about 2/3 of the room and then there's a nice open space between the desk, bed, and window.

The bed has lots of pillows (if you book on the Marriott website, you can select the type of pillow you like from foam or feather), and I didn't have a real problem with the mattress, despite having back/neck issues. The TV is a large flat-screen, which is nice and there's free WiFi which I didn't have any problems with (I know other reviews have said the connection was bad and this seemed to have improved). Very quiet on the weeknight -- with the exception of the occasional train. The hotel provides earplugs and, having grown up in a town with trains running at night as well as sleeping in apartments with tissue-paper-like walls, the trains didn't bother me much.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Phila, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights in late July while he competed at an event at nearby Sacramento State. We then returned for a 1-night stay a week later following a trip to Yosemite National Park. We chose the hotel based on location and rate. At the start of our 5-day stay, we arrived after 11:00 p.m. The desk clerk was courteous and helpful on arrival. We had booked a room with king size bed on the top floor. Another of our friends stayed on the second floor, and she did complain about hearing people walk around above her. We had no noise issues on the third floor from our neighbors, however, several times during the night trains passed by and sounded their horns. This did not bother us very much, but this could be a deal-breaker for a light sleeper. During our 5-night and 1-night stays here, we both remarked on how comfortable the beds are. This is a matter of personal preference, and I do have lower back issues. They have pillow-topped mattresses, and these could be problematic for some people. There were five pillows which varied from firm to very soft, so we were able to choose which was most comfortable for us. The beds are made up very simply with just a light blanket and sheets. There is no comforter or warmer blanket. Of course, you can ask for more blankets, but we were quite comfortable. The rooms seem to be on a programmable thermostat, and the temperature at night was set to be a bit warmer. I would guess that this is a way to save energy, and I'm all for that! Free WiFi is available, but I found the wireless service to be a bit slow. A wired connection is also available in each room, and I used that instead for faster service. The complimentary breakfast was decent, and we were satisfied with the offerings. On our one-night stay there, we had to leave before breakfast was served in order to make an early morning flight out of Sacramento. The desk staff offered to get us breakfast anyway, which I very much appreciated. While there, we also used the small pool and the laundry facilities. Laundry detergent and fabric softener are complimentary, also appreciated during our long stay. The hotel is very conveniently located near the CalExpo and many restaurants and shopping areas. Overall, we enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Garibaldi, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

The hotel is new, and as such the rooms are clean, and feel fresh. The staff is very friendly, from the front desk staff, breakfast staff, to housekeeping. I had read reviews that the hotel is near train tracks and noisy so I was a bit nervous. While trains are in the distance, the room had complimentary ear plugs. The trains do not sound their horn for long, nor is it REALLY loud. Once I got use to hearing a distant horn, I found it to be white noise. Decent free breakfast, and free WiFi. No one has noted that the hotel has a great location! 5 min from Arden Mall, restaurants, and steps to the American River State Park trail system; wonderful jogging trail to take advantage of while on the road! Due to the train noise I do recommend this hotel with reservations.... but again, the hotel was really very nice being new, clean, and the staff was very friendly!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

Rate and location were main reasons I booked this facility. Room was decent, good breakfast options. Internet was so slow or frozen it couldn't be used most of the time. Definitely not "high speed!" Saturday night had so many partiers through 4 am Sunday morning, it was noisy in the hallways and outside the windows. My room was next to the stairwell and I constantly heard people stomping up and down. Soundproofing was so poor, I could hear the creaks of person upstairs getting in and out of bed and walking whereever. Desk was often not staffed, although someone would come when called. Moral: I wouldn't recommend a Saturday night stay or anything other than the top floor.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn Sacramento Cal Expo? Share your experiences!