“A Nights Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Huntington Beach, California
“A Nights Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I dont usually stay this far out of town but I had a wonderful experiance and my one woory was the car I was towing and they gave me a room where I could see the car.
Had the family with me and being able to dine and get on the road was great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Weaverville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This was our first stay at this hotel. We have had fairly poor luck finding nice hotels near Carmichael. This hotel seems new and the room was very spacious and immaculate. The bed was the highlight. We had never slept on a foam mattress, and found it extremely comfortable. You cannot feel your partner's movements. Highly recommended. We will certainly stay with Fairfield again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Carson City, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel probably 10 times for business and pleasure. I love it.. The staff is so kind and caring, making your stay very enjoyable.

The room are always very clean and smell great. Free continental breakfast has many items to choose from and the selections are always fresh.

Extremely safe area and well lighted.

Room Tip: Recommend top floor if possible to avoid another unit on top of yours.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. I chose it because of the close proximity to classes I was attending and the easy on/off the freeway. Booked at a AAA rate and it was a great value.

The Front Desk clerk got me checked in early while I was on a break in class which was very helpful. The staff I meet there were all friendly, helpful and seemed to enjoy working there. The property was clean and well kept. The room was very clean. The TV was large and had a great picture. The bed was very comfortable and the room temperature was easily adjusted to my comfort. Excellent water pressure and hot water availability for showers. In room coffee maker as well as coffee available in the lobby.

The best surprise was the free breakfast in the morning. This far surpassed my expectations. Lots of choices including waffles, bagels, fruit, yogurt, Jimmy Dean egg/suasage/cheese breakfast sandwiches and more. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked.

Parking is well lit and convenient. I would recommend this Fairfield Inn and will probably check out their other properties when traveling.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I spent three nights here while attending a conference down the street. At first I was "bummed" because the conference hotel was booked, so I stayed here as "by default" and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is clean, comfortable and the staff was helpful. Breakfast was a cut above the usual econo-hotel offering and the room was business friendly.

I plan to stay here again next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here three weeks out of the month of September And the service has been the same on the last week as the first week. Brendan the front desk clerk was able to get me check into my room in two minutes with no hassles. The complementary breakfast is well stocked with everything you need to get your day started In the right direction. The wifi is a Respectable speed and easy to connect. With low-prices and great service I give this hotel an A all around

• Stayed September 2012
San Jose
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed at this property for one night to visit family. All our requests for a top floor, quiet room away from vending and elevators were honored. However, upon entering our room I smelled a strong smell of urine near the doorway. My husband didn’t smell it but it was driving me crazy! I noticed that our room was a handicap accessible room (not sure why?)

We went to dinner and when we came back my husband walked in and said “what is that smell?” We immediately called the front desk and we were switched to another room which didn’t smell like urine but smelled musty. I believe this musty smell is coming from their AC units. The only rooms left available were near the elevator and ice machine on the top floor. Oh well..better than a urine smell. The staff was completely apologetic and felt bad that we had to be relocated.

Even though our second room was near the ice machine, it was quiet all night long. We did not hear the trains and we slept soundly.

I believe this property is a little sub-par for a Marriott. Thankfully my husband used one of his Marriott free nights to stay at this hotel. If we had to pay almost $100 a night for this place, I would not have been happy with the experience we had.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn Sacramento Cal Expo? Share your experiences!