“Simple and consistent” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #20 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
“Simple and consistent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here three weeks out of the month of September And the service has been the same on the last week as the first week. Brendan the front desk clerk was able to get me check into my room in two minutes with no hassles. The complementary breakfast is well stocked with everything you need to get your day started In the right direction. The wifi is a Respectable speed and easy to connect. With low-prices and great service I give this hotel an A all around

• Stayed September 2012

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Jose
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed at this property for one night to visit family. All our requests for a top floor, quiet room away from vending and elevators were honored. However, upon entering our room I smelled a strong smell of urine near the doorway. My husband didn’t smell it but it was driving me crazy! I noticed that our room was a handicap accessible room (not sure why?)

We went to dinner and when we came back my husband walked in and said “what is that smell?” We immediately called the front desk and we were switched to another room which didn’t smell like urine but smelled musty. I believe this musty smell is coming from their AC units. The only rooms left available were near the elevator and ice machine on the top floor. Oh well..better than a urine smell. The staff was completely apologetic and felt bad that we had to be relocated.

Even though our second room was near the ice machine, it was quiet all night long. We did not hear the trains and we slept soundly.

I believe this property is a little sub-par for a Marriott. Thankfully my husband used one of his Marriott free nights to stay at this hotel. If we had to pay almost $100 a night for this place, I would not have been happy with the experience we had.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Beaumont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I travel to Sacramento for work a lot! I have stayed at many hotels, but the Fairfield at Cal Expo is one of my favorite places to stay. Every time I enter this hotel I feel like I am at my home away from home. The staff are wonderful and always make me feel welcome. The rooms are always nice and clean and I never feel like I have to worry about a thing. I love that they have a refrigerator in them and is it just me or are all Marriott beds the most comfortable beds?!

I like to work out every day and the gym at the Fairfield has great equipment to help me keep up my fitness. A lot of times I like to walk or run outside and feel that the area this hotel is in is a very safe place; as a female by myself, this is really important to me and my husband at home.

The Fairfield does not have a dining room or bar, but there is one right next door at the Courtyard and the food there is always excellent! The Fairfield does have a complimentary breakfast with a variety of food. On Wednesday nights, they have a complimentary manager's night, where they always have a variety of snacks, beer, wine, sodas and water. I think that this night is my favorite night, because I get to talk to the managers and other guests. Traveling a lot and by myself can sometimes get boring so this helps to break up the alone time. I actually met a couple there who were there to promote their business at the Cal Expo next door. They were owners of a deep sea fishing boat. After making friends, I got their card and was able to book a surprise deep sea fishing trip for my husband for our one year anniversary!

They also always have complimentary fresh baked cookies in the lobby every night for my cheat treat!

All in all I would highly recommend this hotel!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Torrance
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We took our son to orientation at Sac State and stayed at this hotel. It was very nice, very clean and in a sort of secluded area. You can hear the train, but just a bit. The free breakfast was decent. The bed was too soft for both my husband and I, but if the rate is good enough, I would stay here again. Also, there are some restaurants pretty close, i.e. Chili's, Mimi's Cafe and Cheesecake Factory.

Room Tip: No room service and no spa, but free parking and plenty of it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Rooms were clean as well as the pool area and workout facility. Very courteous staff. I thought it was a great price for the area. There are a lot of sub par hotels in the area, trust me I drove through a few before deciding. Easy commute to airport, food right next door.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Quiet, comfortable room with King Bed and free Internet. Full Breakfast includes waffles, sausage/egg biscuits, oatmeal, fresh fruit and muffins/bagels. I have stayed several times for business and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

My daughter was attending "Decision Day" at UC Davis on Friday April 6th and we used our Marriott points to stay at this hotel. There are no Marriotts in Davis. Because we used points, I have to say we got a good deal, but there were some caveats: It's about a 20 minute drive in good traffic to Davis. The property is in an industrial area of Sacramento and the land is shared with a Courtyard Marriott and Townplace Suites. Why do Marriott properties ALWAYS involve loud TRAIN horns? This property hears the sound at least 4 times per night. The big clue to me should have been the package of foam ear plugs in the room.
There were very few guests booked at this hotel and I think we were, at one time, the only guests. (It was Holy Thursday and Good Friday.) We stayed for 2 nights in a two-queen bed room, but it was just the two of us. Having 5 people stay in this room would be tight.

I used the small gym that had clean towels and hot/cold water from those special push-button fountains. The pool chlorine was strong. Additionally, don't expect thick towels in your bathroom. The first night, I was able to sleep on their mattress, the second night, we were in room 218 and the daughter gave me the lumpy mattress; plus the train horns made for a rough night.

They serve a continental breakfast that was actually pretty decent: waffles, oatmeal, a variety of breads and bagels, juices, breakfast sandwiches (for the microwave) some fruits, etc. To get dinner, you can walk out of the back of the hotel, to the Courtyard and they have a restaurant named Pannini. Or, you can drive down the main drag for 5 minutes to Arden Fair Mall and go to the Cheesecake Factory. (They have instructions for your selected restaurants, on small pieces of paper, for directions to follow to get to your locations).

We had to switch rooms on the second night because the toilet was stopped up. Since we were the only guests, housekeeping came quickly, explained that she would have to change our room. She returned quickly with keys and changed our room to the one next door. I can't imagine what would have happened if they were booked.
They don't have a large safe to keep/store your computer, so you may want to be aware of that. Carry your key with you EVERYWHERE because you can't get into the hotel without it at night.

Room Tip: Don't get one right next to the elevator or next to the icemaker.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn Sacramento Cal Expo? Share your experiences!