“Orientation at Sac State” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Ranked #12 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Torrance
“Orientation at Sac State”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We took our son to orientation at Sac State and stayed at this hotel. It was very nice, very clean and in a sort of secluded area. You can hear the train, but just a bit. The free breakfast was decent. The bed was too soft for both my husband and I, but if the rate is good enough, I would stay here again. Also, there are some restaurants pretty close, i.e. Chili's, Mimi's Cafe and Cheesecake Factory.

Room Tip: No room service and no spa, but free parking and plenty of it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Rooms were clean as well as the pool area and workout facility. Very courteous staff. I thought it was a great price for the area. There are a lot of sub par hotels in the area, trust me I drove through a few before deciding. Easy commute to airport, food right next door.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Quiet, comfortable room with King Bed and free Internet. Full Breakfast includes waffles, sausage/egg biscuits, oatmeal, fresh fruit and muffins/bagels. I have stayed several times for business and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

My daughter was attending "Decision Day" at UC Davis on Friday April 6th and we used our Marriott points to stay at this hotel. There are no Marriotts in Davis. Because we used points, I have to say we got a good deal, but there were some caveats: It's about a 20 minute drive in good traffic to Davis. The property is in an industrial area of Sacramento and the land is shared with a Courtyard Marriott and Townplace Suites. Why do Marriott properties ALWAYS involve loud TRAIN horns? This property hears the sound at least 4 times per night. The big clue to me should have been the package of foam ear plugs in the room.
There were very few guests booked at this hotel and I think we were, at one time, the only guests. (It was Holy Thursday and Good Friday.) We stayed for 2 nights in a two-queen bed room, but it was just the two of us. Having 5 people stay in this room would be tight.

I used the small gym that had clean towels and hot/cold water from those special push-button fountains. The pool chlorine was strong. Additionally, don't expect thick towels in your bathroom. The first night, I was able to sleep on their mattress, the second night, we were in room 218 and the daughter gave me the lumpy mattress; plus the train horns made for a rough night.

They serve a continental breakfast that was actually pretty decent: waffles, oatmeal, a variety of breads and bagels, juices, breakfast sandwiches (for the microwave) some fruits, etc. To get dinner, you can walk out of the back of the hotel, to the Courtyard and they have a restaurant named Pannini. Or, you can drive down the main drag for 5 minutes to Arden Fair Mall and go to the Cheesecake Factory. (They have instructions for your selected restaurants, on small pieces of paper, for directions to follow to get to your locations).

We had to switch rooms on the second night because the toilet was stopped up. Since we were the only guests, housekeeping came quickly, explained that she would have to change our room. She returned quickly with keys and changed our room to the one next door. I can't imagine what would have happened if they were booked.
They don't have a large safe to keep/store your computer, so you may want to be aware of that. Carry your key with you EVERYWHERE because you can't get into the hotel without it at night.

Room Tip: Don't get one right next to the elevator or next to the icemaker.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Auberry, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Not the usual clean and quiet stay at Fairfield Inns. Terrible parking

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Gatineau, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I was a the hotel for 2 nights on business. The hotel was clean, room was nice and morning complimentary breakfast selection okay. The issue was the NOISE! I should have known when I checked into the room and found a set of earplugs on the desk! There is a train very close by that passes by every hour, horns and all, all night long. Also the curtains do not close all the way (fake ones on the two sides) so all you have are sheers in front of the window and the lights from the parking lot shine right into the room all night! Not the best for sleep.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

While in Sacramento visiting my family, I had the opportunity to stay at The Fairfield Inn Sacramento Cal Expo; WOW! My first impression was how clean and inviting the lobby and my room were. The staff were always friendly and attentive. The front desk clerk Moniquia was very professional and made me feel very welcomed. The complimentary breakfast, and freshly baked cookies was something I wasn't expecting, but I sure took advantage of it. The hotel being so centrally located made it very convenient for me to get around town. I'll be back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Fairfield Inn Sacramento Cal Expo? Share your experiences!