“Better than the Cal Expo Residence Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #15 of 84 hotels in Sacramento
Sacramento Valley
“Better than the Cal Expo Residence Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

June, 2009. I had two seperate opportunities to stay at this property during the same month. There is free parking around the property.
Check-in was very fast and received 2nd story rooms on both occassions. The rate both times were very reasonable. Typically I stay at the Residence Inn, Cal Expo in Sacramento or Downtown Residence Inn, but my last visit to Cal Expo was not as pleasurable as previous stays. The Cal Expo property is becomming a bit run down. This property is nicer than the Cal Expo property but more remote in terms of location.
The downtown Residence Inn is a nice property but I have not seen discount rates as in this property and in this economy, value is one of my top priorities for property stays.

My rooms were comfortable and nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable. Lighting in the room was very good with lamps on both sides of the bed, on the desk. New LCD television in the room. A/C was a bit loud but it really cooled the room. The TV was had some cable channels.
The bathroom was clean. Lighting was good, the towels were plentiful, and the shower worked well – immediate hot water with plenty of pressure. Bath amenities include shampoo, conditioner, and lotion.
The free breakfast buffet was better than the Cal Expo property. The breakfast buffet featured scrambled eggs, hot oatmeal, and all the other things you would expect on a breakfast buffet - potatoes and sausage. Waffle machine.

On my first visit in June the dining experience was pleasureable but on my second trip there were some high school athletes that were some what sloppy and disorganized and there presence disturbed other patrons and the food staff. So it depends on which day you stay there on what type of patrons and experiences you will get. There are complimentary papers in the lobby. Complimentary workstation with internet access in the lobby too.

Nearby are the following food places - Starbucks, Carl's Jr. Fast Food, Pizza (average at best), Chinese resturant (do not seem to understand english too well).

There is a small exercise facility similar to Courtyard exercise facilities. Also a pool facility.
Ask for a room away from the freeway. I recommend this property if your looking for a value property with a kitchen and free breakfast.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Danville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

We stayed here with our baseball team since they had a tourny in Sac. We had a studio with queen bed and pull out couch as bigger suites were booked. The hotel was at full capacity with baseball families.

Here are the positives-
+ Check in- got to get in early around 11:30am and front desk was nice.
+ Layout/ floorplan of the room was good with kitchen, good use of space, big closet
+ Flat screen TV
+ The Waffle machine at breakfast, the waffles are good but the only good thing at breakfast. Real maple syrup packets, very good.
+ Sport court by the pool, the kids had a blast- swam, then played basketball, tennis, I even saw some kids in the gym. I felt sorry if anyone was here on business and wanted peace and quiet because it was noisy with lots of baseball boys running around! They did quiet down at 10pm when the pool closed.
+ BBQ area- we didn't use it but other families did and they liked it.
+ Location- it is by 2 plaza's that you can walk to if needed- many dining options- had stuff at the Chinese restaurant across the street- good, carls jr., jack in the box, subway, togo's, jamba juice.....
+ Alarm clock- I liked it.

Negatives-
- No children's channels like Disney or anything on the TV, my kids watched poker channel at night to quiet them down after their baths. No DVD player, what is up with Marriott with this? If they are going to cater to families, these extended hotels should have dvd's in them as a standard!
- Kitchen is dated, tho the rest of the room was updated a couple years ago so ok- laminate type counter, old appliances, it was ok for a night.
- The breakfast was very sub par and eggs and sausage were horrible. The waffles were very good but there was only 1 waffle machine. Everyone figured out it was the only good thing there so there was always a wait to make a waffle and it was in the corner which jammed up the breakfast area. They need another waffle machine and a seperate waffle area just for this to relieve the crowd.
- Spa/hot tub- no jets.

Next time, we'll try to find something newer, maybe Homewood suites, similar in price and layouts of rooms and amenities but newer. This was ok, cheap for $100 and the kids had fun playing and being together so I guess that's what's important!

• Stayed May 2009
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

This was a stopover on our drive from Oregon to Palm Springs. Our reservation made through Venere was not in the system, but the front desk clerk was able to re-enter the reservation without any problem. The staff was very welcoming and even asked where I would like to be in the hotel along with offering to give dining recommendations.

The upstairs studio room was clean and everything was in order. Bed was very comfortable and pillows were nice and fluffy with plenty of support. We were definitely able to hear our neighbors...and not in a good way....but that was over fairly quickly. Other than the noise between the rooms, cannot think of anything that would make the stay better.

Breakfast in the morning had both hot and cold items with good variety. Would definitely stay here again assuming the prices remain reasonable.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
RI95833, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, March 3, 2009
Dear Traveler,

You not being in the system was my fault and I do apologize. I believe I got you in the second time around. Venere is new to us here at the Residence Inn. I'm happy to hear your stay was pleasant.
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

While in the Sacramento area for business, I stayed at the Residence Inn Sacramento, and was very impressed. The room was very large with a fully equipped kitchen and high-speed internet. The room was very clean and the check in process was seamless. I was informed that the hotel is currently upgrading the in room TVs with new flat screens. While the current in room TVs worked fine, you can never go wrong with flat screens. The hotel provided guests a complimentary hot breakfast buffet daily and an evening social hour with free food and beverage. There was also a business center with free printing which is nice for anyone who likes to print out boarding passes in advance. The hotel is between the airport and downtown. Only a few minutes drive to each. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Sacramento.

• Liked — Great service and breakfast buffet.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2008

Stayed here for a seminar being put held onsite. Short version, not the greatest stay I've ever had, but about on par with other good hotels.

Location good for highway access and couple of strip malls nearby for food, shopping etc.

Room comfortable but can sure hear other room doors when they go shut. Also if room is on outside of hotel, expect parking lot/car noise. The wired - yes, wired - internet access in the rooms is kind of complicated, but eventually got mine to work once cable got replaced.

Seminar room was pretty cramped with about 20 people, but well-lit, comfortable temp-wise etc. Even though big football game going on inside lobby right out the door of the meeting room, we couldn't hear it inside with the door closed. Staff was luke-warm when we asked if we could store all the AV gear etc for the seminar, but eventually capitulated and let us do so in the office area. (Every other hotel we'd been to in 3 weeks of doing this everyday had no probs either stashing in locked closet for us or letting us put it in the seminar room early.)

• Liked — Spacious rooms
  • Disliked — Wired internet in rooms
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2008

I stayed here for a business meeting in the area. When I checked in, there were quite a few people in the dining area and I was asked what was going on. They were serving a dinner of homemade tamales. I asked how much and the front desk person said it was free. I knew you got breakfast but I didn’t know dinner too. She said it’s not every night but most nights. I dropped my bags in my room - very nice size suite with a full kitchen – and ran back to get some tamales. They were really good! I stayed there several nights and have to say that it was great. If I am going to be away from my family for a few days I want to stay some place where they treat you nice. And even the other people staying there were nice. It was fun to find a few other guys who wanted to watch the NBA playoffs as well. More fun hanging out front than in my room. Oh and did I mention you got beer while you ate tamales! So on top of this, the location was great. There is a brand new shopping center next door with a Starbucks and Jamba Juice and several restaurants. The room and the entire place were very clean which is a huge hot button for me. I like to see that the staff take the time and attention to keep it clean.

• Liked — location, cleanliness and convenience
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
sf
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2008

i told reservationist "light sleeper". i told front desk "light sleeper". too noisy and too strong of breeze from ac fan in room (even with earplugs). finally i figured out how to turn it off. too hot to sleep with out air so opened window (nice and cool night). still had on earplugs, was startled out of sleep by 3 loud ac machines (belonged to the surrounding hotel rooms) located directly outside window. startling noise went off and on throughout the night. did not sleep! plus there were many mosquitoes in room. (screen not solid at vertical joint in middle).
6am may 5 i told front desk of the problem. all of the hotel rooms have the same layout of 4 ac units by the only window that opens...by the bed). staff unfriendly, unresponsive. said "we can offer you earplugs" and "5000 points"...woopie, need 15,000 for 1 free night. earn 1 pt per $1. i never travel. was here for new job training. i ended up losing my job because of this terrible experience. went to job training 8am monday may5, hotel said had to be out by noon or charged for next day, i said i'd be back after 5, they said too bad. mgr gave me til 3pm , which still did not help my job situation. i lost my job due to this. VERY ANGRY! FURIOUS! certainly the hotel knows there is a problem with the layout of their units and when a person twice says "light sleeper" they should tell customer of the problem and not rent room to them. i told staff there is a loud startling click noise upon start up of the ac, then the annoying buzz, alternated with silence when unit turns off. it is not something one can get used to and was startling even with earplugs. when the nights are cold, such as may 4, mgmt should not allow guest to use ac. it is a waste of energy, electricity and ruins the ozone. staff said "its the guest's preference", but what about my preference as guest next to noisy ac machines unit? POORLY BUILT PLACE!!!!!! who the hell put those machines next to the only window that opens, and who put the bed next to that window? no attention to most important details people need when staying at hotel. little soaps, candies, pillows aren't as important as good night sleep. lack of sleep is VERY destructive. VERY abusive. and the staff's response was equally as damaging.
also staff was going to open my door at 3pm until i said "no". i was in bathroom. they should not open door until they know that guest checked out. so what if mgr offered 3pm check out time. does not mean staff should come and open door at 3pm. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
SACSN, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, May 14, 2008
Dear Guest,

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize for the issue, with the noise of the AC. As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments because we are always looking for ways to improve our service.

Matthew Peterson, Director of Sales.

Been to Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas? Share your experiences!