“Decent, Quiet, Clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Baltimore
“Decent, Quiet, Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed here for about a week during a business trip. Early April, great California weather, and the hotel is in a great location if you are looking for a quiet place at the end of a long day.

The hotel sits on a campus pretty much by itself, behind a small strip mall off of a main road. The are empty fields on 3 sides of the hotel making it a rather quiet and secluded location. However, within walking distance are a few fast food chains, a gas station, a couple of small restaurants and a convenience store. Within a short drive are numerous restaurants and attractions.

Stayed in a 2 Bedroom / 2 Bath unit in Building #14 (facing back of property). Rooms were very clean, and well maintained. Breakfast was pretty good, and above what I have experienced at other hotels (including some other Residence Inn's). Was always stocked full, always hot, and plenty of options. Each evening, there was a Manager's Reception which offered some small appetizers, along with beer and wine. Again, very clean, always stocked, and good selections. Plenty of seating in the breakfast area as well.

The staff varied from day to night, day-time was on-point and always helpful. The nighttime staff seemed to dip in customer service a bit. Asked on several occasions for quarters / change for the laundry facilities and was told (more than once) that they didn't have quarters or a change machine. Used the hotel's same-day laundry service, but $5 for a pair of socks to be cleaned? Other staff at night chose to socialize with guests, or significant others in the breakfast area, as opposed to helping the guests patiently waiting at the desk (I was not one of them, but it was observed on a few nights by myself and my group).

Good place to stay, compared to others in the area - the rates were comparable and the rooms were worth the upgrade.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RobertR261, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback. We thrive on long stays here at Residence Inn and we are glad you enjoyed our hotel to relax and unwind after work. We are happy to hear that your Two Bedroom Suite was very clean and the hot breakfast was to your liking. We also restocked our quarter supply for guests who would like to use our washers and dryers. We look forward to serving you again at The Residence Inn Airport Natomas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cedar Falls, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed here mainly because of convenience to the Sacramento airport, and their 24/7 shuttle service which was excellent. However, I'd put this hotel in the average category because of less than ideal cleanliness in the hallways and common areas than what I would expect for this hotel chain, and the breakfast serving area was cramped and not impressive. The overall interior property appearance was a bit dated and needed paint touch-up. There wasn't any significant reason I found to not stay here again, but I'd expect more for the price, and will probably look elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive feedback on our close proximity to the Airport and our complimentary 24 hour Airport shuttle. Since your last visit we have had the Hotel professionally carpet cleaned and sanitized including all hallways, rooms, and our gatehouse. We thank you for your stay in Sacramento and look forward to serving you.
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

When we arrived and all during our stay the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I'm sorry for the average rating, but I've stayed at other Residence Inn's and I've had high expectations. I've been told the property was built in 1992 and has been undergoing renovations. There is room for improvement in the housekeeping department. The bed looked nicely made, but upon closer inspection I found a blood or ketchup stain on the comforter and the kitchen cabinets, the coffee maker and the stove were dirty. Also the bathroom ceiling fan housing had a fuzzy layer of dust.
After I called the front desk and notified them of these problem, they came quickly and took care of everything. It would have been nicer if these thing would have been checked as the room was being cleaned initially. Our room was on the freeway side, but there were double windows, which muffled the sound and it was tolerable. The free breakfast offers a variety of items. In found the bed comfortable and the rooms spacious and nicely outfitted.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the freeway if you're a light sleeper
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recommendations. We value your insight and appreciate your loyalty to the Residence Inn brand. Please accept my apologies for the oversight on your comforter. I am glad we were able to quickly address any room issues. Our sincere thanks for your positive feedback on our complimentary breakfast and spacious rooms.
Daly City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed for two consecutive weekends for basketball tournaments. We did not stay in the room for a lot of time, but from staying here last year, the rooms looked much better. But the bath handle to control the temperature of the water was backwards, and we were confused on why it wouldn't turn on. The toilet took a long time to fill, and when it was filling, we could hear it. Anyway, outside near the lobby was a small swimming pool, but big enough since not many people swim there. We really liked the basketball-tennis court, but there should be two baskets, one on each side. The barbecue was a great resource to have, and we took advantage of it both stays. Make sure to get to it first, because it is a first come first served. Sleeping was comfy on the bed, it was just right. However, the sofa bed did not come with enough sheets, so I felt cold trying to sleep. Waking up, I was happy to have a complimentary breakfast. Just enough; sausages, eggs, biscuits, yogurt, and more. The cooking staff was not friendly, though. But the rest of the staff were very kind and resourceful. Overall, we had a great time and would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
RobertR261, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your thorough feedback. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your consecutive weekends at Residence Inn Natomas. It's also great to hear you took advantage of our dual BBQ's! Our full kitchens make preparing meals a snap. We strive to provide the best all around service and apologize for the toilet filling slowly and the shortcoming in friendliness. Please rest assured these will be addressed. We look forward to serving you and hope to see you soon!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here on a Sunday in March 2013 in Building 4, Room 423, which is a studio suite upstairs unit. This suite is great; it’s very spacious and has a cozy home-like feel to it, with plenty of natural light coming into the room. This suite appeared exactly as it did in the photos on the Residence Inn website with the exception that it had a fireplace in it, which I was not aware of prior to booking the room; this was a nice surprise. It’s a wood-burning fireplace and wood is not provided in the room; however, you can purchase it from the front desk for the pricey cost of $10 per Duraflame log. The kitchen has a full refrigerator, a two burner stove (electric), microwave, and is fully equipped with utensils.

The only shortcoming the suite had is that if you’re a very light sleeper, then the sounds might disturb your sleep. The two windows in the suite face the parked cars in the lot which did not provide loud sounds; however, it also directly faces the very nearby freeway which can be a little noisy. During the day the freeway noise was noticeable due to it having more traveling vehicles, but I did not notice it much at night when it has fewer cars frequenting it. Additionally, the sounds that come from the refrigerator throughout the night might be a little bothersome if you’re not used to it or if you’re a light sleeper. I noticed that the natural temperature in the room during the night, without the use of heat or AC, tends to alternate between hot and cool/hot and cool, but setting the thermostat to your desired temperature should easily remedy it.

The breakfast was great. I thought it was going to be somewhat continental style, but it was more than I expected and tasted delicious. There are waffles made from batter, eggs, a spinach/egg/cheese/English muffin concoction (delicious), parfaits, cereals, and much more to choose from to eat and drink. It was really very tasty.

This was my first time staying at this Residence Inn and the first time in several years that I stayed in a Residence Inn at all, and I was very pleased. I usually prefer to stay at Embassy Suite hotels, but the Residence Inn has given them some competition in my opinion. If the Residence Inn provided a free daily happy hour, they would totally rival the Embassy Suites for me. Unfortunately, I was only able to stay here for one night because when I booked the room it was completely booked up for the second day I needed, which caused me to have to stay my second night elsewhere. Despite having a full sized suite at the other hotel, as opposed to a studio suite at the Residence Inn, I still enjoyed the Residence Inn better because the floorplan is designed more spaciously, full kitchen, more modern décor, and breakfast. The Residence Inn studio suite had more of a cozy, home-like feel, whereas the hotel I stayed at for my second night, although a regular sized suite, had the typical floorplan of most hotels, tiny fridge, and no stove to cook on.

One other thing to note, this place is somewhat difficult to find once you exit the freeway, but I called them while driving up and down the street to find it and the woman at the front desk was very kind and patient, talking me in, providing me excellent directions while I drove. Also, the gentlemen at the front desk who checked me in was very pleasant and kind, and he called me shortly after I checked into the room to make sure everything was to my liking. Customer service was great, the only somewhat bad customer service I received was when I later called the front desk to inquire if they provided logs for the fireplace and the lady who answered was very curt as if it was labor to provide me the information. She had a tone as if I was bothering her and she sounded very attitudinal. It definitely had to be a different person than the two wonderful people I dealt with earlier that afternoon at the front desk. This, and the other shortcomings, are minor in my opinion and do not override the otherwise wonderful experience I had here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
RobertR261, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We are happy that you enjoyed our standard suite. We provide considerably larger floorplans than a traditional hotel room. It's also great to hear you liked our new decor and extensive hot breakfast. We look forward to serving you at Residence Inn Natomas.
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Recently stayed here for business and had a seamless stay-- all thanks to the very helpful General Manager, Sean and his A+ staff. They were attentive to my needs, friendly and even overly patient after I continually "harassed" them with keycard problems (apparently, user error). :-) Other pluses were clean rooms, quality food and shuttle to/from airport. Thanks again for a great stay, will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RobertR261, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for the A+ grade on our General Manager and Associates. We aim to provide the best service with the comforts of home. We are happy to pick you up anytime in our 24HR Airport shuttle.

Robert Robinson
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Ok, I've stayed at many Residence Inn hotel's before but this was by FAR the nicest one. Funny thing, when researching this place I did not find many user photos which made me a little skeptical of the "too good to be true" photos on the Marriott website. Turns out, this place is better looking than the photos on Marriott's website. The front reception was so nice and very informative. We only stayed here for one night before we traveled back to Tampa but were very impressed. The rooms are very large, the wifi is great, and everything was so... NEW! I wish we stayed at this type of hotel during our entire 2 week visit to California (that wouldn't of been possible we went to 3 different parts of California) but when I come back to Sacramento for business or pleasure... I'm staying here!

Room Tip: Great rooms... don't think anywhere could go wrong. I guess I would say bottom floor if you have...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your excellent feedback on our newly renovated property. We appreciate your kind words and take pride in providing the best service and amenities. We look forward to your next visit to Sacramento.

Robert Robinson

Been to Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas? Share your experiences!