“OK, Not in the best neighborhood” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #33 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Cocoa, Florida
“OK, Not in the best neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Nice hotel , very friendly front desk people. Breakfast is very very limited but enough to start you on your day. This hotel is right off the highway but there is nothing around it and the neighborhood doesnt seem to be the best. Would stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We needed a place to stay while visiting my Dad in Sacramento. We wanted a short commute to Dad's house and a price that wouldn't break us. After researching on TripAdvisor, I chose the John Jay because it was only a couple miles from Dad's and the price and reviews were good. We arrived around 11:30pm and the staff was friendly and helpful. The room was average, but had all of the amenities we require...TV, microwave, fridge, kingsized bed and large bathroom. The room was clean and neat and even though we were in the front of the building, we never heard a lot of noise. The in-room coffee was probably the worst I've ever tasted, and the free breakfast was a very simple selection of fruit, yogurt, muffins, bagels, etc. The coffee was better than what was in the room, but not by much. The price was so good, though, that it was definitely a good value and worth the price we paid. We will probably stay here again the next time we visit my dad.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Bernardino, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

The hotel was located next to the freeway and to a Costco with gas.They have a continental breakfast. The surrounding area is not very good.The police were parked outside the dollar store.The Denny's was less than appealing.Many kids on bikes and a woman running across the street in front of traffic in her slippers.

Room Tip: they do have an elevator if you have a lot of things like us.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lewiston, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

What a great find! A friend recommended this small, friendly place to stay while we were in town & we were so pleased. The staff is professional but also more small town-like friendly. The rooms are clean & have everything you need to make your stay more convenient (micro, frige, coffee maker, iron, hair dryer...). The beds are very comfortable. Also, the pool was nice & clean. We'll definitely be staying here every time we come back to Sacramento!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We got in late, left early. Efficient and friendly help at check in, clean rooms, good breakfast the next day. Very good price. Will stay again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Barrington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I chose the Best Western John Jay based on TripAdvisor reviews and price. Room was large and well-appointed with a comfy king size bed, good A/C, fridge & microwave. Since there is free breakfast, we didn't really need the microwave. Location is in a commercial area, so not the best for taking a walk or run, but I found a trailer park nearby that wasn't fenced in, and that made a good place to walk. Easy to find and a quick drive to Old Sacramento.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I wasn't so sure about staying at this hotel just based on the pictures posted on trip advisor, but I decided to give it a shot anyway since a friend recommended it. Let me say, that I was very pleasantly surprised when I saw the hotel in person. I arrived later in the afternoon and was exhausted from my travels. Upon checking in, the staff that greeted me were so friendly and upbeat. It was a breath of fresh air after traveling all day. The check in was speedy and very painless. Arriving at my room, it was immaculate, a very comfortable temperature and the bed was just like home! After unpacking my bags I realized that I had forgotten toothpaste. Not wanting to drive anywhere, I called the front desk and the manager personally brought me some, and even mouthwash. SO accommodating! After a very restful nights sleep, I enjoyed the free continental breakfast and was very well satisfied. After a long day of meetings, I was so happy to return to the hotel and take a swim in the pool. My room had been cleaned to the original check in condition, and the pool was crystal clear and spotless. Not even a leaf! Overall, I am VERY satisfied with this hotel, and very pleased with the friendly staff and manager, whom is more than willing to go above and beyond. Anytime I am in town for business, I will definitely be staying here, and recommending it to fellow colleagues for future stays as well.

• Stayed May 2012