“RUN FROM HERE!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Expedia.com Orbitz.com
Econo Lodge
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1319 30th Street, Sacramento, CA 95816 (Formerly Dumont Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #74 of 84 hotels in Sacramento
The South
“RUN FROM HERE!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

If you stay here, you can plan on being ROBBED in the middle of the night and the Staff will do NOTHING MORE than say, "Sorry". Asked to have someone review the security tapes. They said, oh that guy is off today and we won't call him in. You call the Sacramemto PD and they refuse to come out, they say, just fill out an online report. We have no drivers license, no credit cards, no cash NOTHING. And nobody here will help you.

This all sounds like a set-up they ALL have going on.

I'm very serious, STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
DumontInn, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Hello and thank you for your response. I sincerely apologize for what you had to go through during your stay at our property. I can assure you there is no "set-up" we have worked very hard in the last few months to renovated our property and improve our customers comfort along with safety. We are prohibited from releasing any video surveillance; however, in a circumstance such as yours we do review any content and forward them to the police department immediately. If there is anything we can do to for you to give us a second chance then please send us an email at dumontinn@gmail.com

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Let me say this is the worst hotel in all of Sacramento and would not stay there again ever !!!!
Everything about this hotel says a place you do not want to lay your head at night. Between all the black guys hanging out watching your every move. The hallways smell of urine it is down right a place that should be condemned. Also in the room I was booked in there was a hypodermic needle in the desk drawer. Check out immediately. Better yet don't check in at all. The only thing good I can say about the place is the desk clerk was way to good for this place. I will not name her only to say her name started with a K. To you K, find a job that truly fits you, because this place doe's not meet your talents for the business.

Room Tip: no tip do not stay here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
DumontInn, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Hello and thank you for your comment. I apologize about your bad experience, since then we have cleaned up dramatically. We have renovated all our rooms and have increased quality checks. We are very strict on who enters our building and who is on our parking lot. The midtown and downtown area are very popular destinations for homeless people, but we work really hard to fend off any one that does not have a room on the property. Our renovation included new carpet, paint, upgraded furniture, bigger t.v's, more premium channels. You will not find people hangout out in the parking lot or disturbing any of our customers. Our customer frequently comment how clean and quite it was during the duration of their stay. Our prices are still low comparatively. I hope you do give us a chance in the future.
red bluff
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

could not even use towels to shower,they were not stained. they were just plain dirty! son and daughter inlaw had room right next door. the same color nail polish that was on our bathroom floor was on thiers. they used the dog blanket out of the car to cover the bed sheets to lay down for my granddaughter. also alot of crime going on.

Room Tip: always check out room before you decide to stay.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
White House, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

DO NOT even think of staying at this crime riddled DUMP! My room was nasty, dank and complete with mold along the baseboards. The toilet seat was not attached so when I sat down on it I almost slid off onto the floor. The shower knob came off in my hand and the soap dispenser attached to the wall was so clogged with gunk that nothing was ever going to come out of it. I asked about wi-fi when I checked in and was assured it was available. NOT! Wi-fi did not work at all but was able to glaum onto a weak signal from the nearby FedEx facility. No security at all so the entire place is rampant with gang-bangers and thugs. Very bad looking people start roaming the parking lot and the hallways after dark. They hang out in front of the rooms trying to sell you crack and heroin when their not out prowling the cars in the parking lot.

No clocks. No microwave or coffee maker. The telephone was missing most of the buttons. Half the buttons on the well used heater/ac wall unit were also missing. This turned out to be a good thing as the remaining buttons and knob were coated with something very nasty looking. I was too afraid to turn it on and risk stinking myself right out of the room. I had to keep the lights off in the room because the curtain didn't close all the way and because of the "L" shaped building the unsavory types hanging out on the second and third story breezeways were able to look directly in the window. The bed was alright and I liked the Directv channels. Fortunately the volume on the TV was not governed so I was able to turn it up far enough to drown out most of the recurring fight outside my room between a hooker and her pimp.

The next morning I told the lady at the front desk I wanted to speak to the manager. She informed me that there was no manager on site at the time. This turned out to be a complete lie. When I exited the office I spotted a man who looked like a manager and I asked him if he was? He was. But he was in no mood field complaints and basically told me to get lost.

If you need to stay in midtown do yourself a favor and stay at the Motel 6 which is directly across the street from this giant toilet.

...

Room Tip: Stay at Motel 6
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Machynlleth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Firstly it should be noted that some of the reviews here are I think meant to be for the "Old Town" Vagabond, which is opposite the Amtrak depot.

I stayed at the Vagabond Midtown in 2009 and it was good. On the basis of my past visit we stayed here again at the end of June 2011. Things did not get off to a good start when the Receptionist informed us that the reservation system was down and there was no record of our bookings, but she checked us in anyway.

The rooms were not dirty as such, but they were in need of a deep clean. The bathrooms had clearly seen better days and there were scale marks in the toilets. They had forgotten to put cups in my room so I had to collect some from the reception. The doors were difficult to open as the keycard system had seen better days. I thought it strange that I was not in the adjacent room to my friends but 3 doors along. We realised the next morning that the reason for this was the rooms in between had smashed windows. The swimming pool had a notice on the gate posted by the City Council saying that they had closed the pool due to the poor water composition.

The area was frequented by a large number of degenerates. Not a problem as such but the keycard system was not working on the doors to the stairs and hallways. There are a couple of eating places and drugstores nearby if you get hungry.

The most horiffic experience for me was in the morning when I realised too late that there was no toilet paper provided in the room. Breakfast was pastries and fruit loops.

I notice this Hotel has dissapeared from the Vagabond Inn website - have they lost their franchise?? I strongly advise you stay elsewhere in Sacramento. There must be somewhere better. I could not believe how bad this place had got in the space of 3 years, it had been one of the best stops on my last visit.

Room Tip: Get a room without smashed windows!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

other comments say its bad but they worked harder and its very good.Theres some bad things but the value for what it is now is awesome.If i come back to sac ill probably stau there for the budget.

Room Tip: get double double premium best room yet
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Farnborough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

The only reason we stayed there was because it was right next to the Amtrak train station, luckily we only had to stay for one night. The rooms are accessed by a dirty walkway and our room was opposite a very noisy construction site. The room was OK, the bathroom could do with a serious update and was a bit smelly. I did not enjoy staying here.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!