Based on Trip Advisor reviews, we stayed at the Vagabond Inn on June 6-7. Excellent location if you're visiting Old Sacramento, the riverfront and the CA State RR Museum. Just walk through the parking garage across the street from the hotel and you're there.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating. When the desk attendant had trouble finding the "Discover Gold" discount card we read about in the Visitor Guide (ask for it when you check in -- lots of 2-for-1 offers) she went out of her way to find them and had one ready for us when we came by a bit later.
The room was adequate -- not fancy or large -- but we weren't looking for luxury. It was quiet, clean, the bed was comfortable and the TV worked.
The breakfast they offer was more than adequate and the make-it-yourself Belgian waffle was delicious. The breakfast attendant was right on top of keeping everything well stocked and the tables clean. (If you want a bigger breakfast a Denny's is on the same property.)
We were there on a Sunday morning and the drive downtown to see the state capitol was easy, as was finding parking.
We liked the place and would return.
- Also Known As:
- Vagabond Inn Executive Old Town Hotel
- Vagabond Inn Executive Old Town Hotel Sacramento
- Vagabond Hotel Sacramento
- Vagabond Hotel Executive Old Town
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vagabond Inn Executive hotel in Sacramento (Old Town) is located just off I-5 and a half block from Old Town Sacramento. From here you can walk to the Capitol, Crocker Art Museum, and Downtown Plaza. Our Old Town hotel is only minutes to the Sacramento Zoo, Fort Sutter and outdoor recreation activities in the Sacramento Area. Our hotel in Old town Sacramento serves a daily, complimentary, continental breakfast, free wireless internet and free weekday newspaper. At the end of a long day take a swim in our pool, soak in our spa, get in a work out in our fitness room or watch cable TV with HBO.For business travelers, our Business Friendly rooms have ample work space and a large TV with remote control. We also have rooms that are handicap accessible. Please inquire with the hotel about availability. For your added convenience, the free high speed Internet is available in all rooms. There is a restaurant on the premises and a complimentary shuttle to Sacramento International Airport, train and bus stations. Great value, friendly people- it's how we do things. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, EasyToBook, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Vagabond Inn Executive Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.