“Hands down best value for a very pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Vagabond Inn Executive Old Town
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   909 3rd St, Sacramento, CA 95814   |
Ranked #22 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Fresno, California
“Hands down best value for a very pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Thank you to Trip Advisor for helping me find this GREAT hotel! It is next door to a hotel that is double the price, and although I had a little trouble finding it (the streets are confusing) I am so very glad I did. Every single staff member was over-the-top wonderful and helpful. Mayra at the front desk, Tracey who served breakfast, Dennis and Jose the shuttle drivers treated us like family. Complimentary shuttle service while I was traveling with my 80 year old mother was a fabulous surprise, but there is also free hot breakfast (excellent), exercise room, pool, and free parking. It's within walking distance of Old Sacramento but you can actually take a cheap city bus to the Capital and to Sutters Fort, the three big highlights of my trip there. Perko's restaurant next door allows carry out (with a smile). I could not believe my good fortune to find such a great hotel at such a fabulous price. Safe location too, everything is locked and gated and I did not feel threatened anywhere in the neighborhood. Would I stay there again? Oh my gosh YES, you bet!

Room Tip: My room was by the pool and exercise room, very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
msacoldtown, Front Office Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Old Town, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for your singing review! We are delighted that you so enjoyed your stay with us, and that Mayra, Tracey, Dennis and Jose were able to make your feel like a part of our family. We are glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of so many of the wonderful services that we offer.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Sacramento!

304 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Warm smiles and excellent hospitality. Lisa and Mayra made this stay one of the best places I have ever stayed in and I've been to many. Can't wait to go back it's home away from home. The free shuttle service great breakfast is awesome.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
msacoldtown, Front Office Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Old Town, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for your singing review! We are overjoyed to hear that you so enjoyed your stay with us! We agree that Lisa and Mayra are wonderful ladies, and your complements will be passed along to them. We are glad you enjoyed our complementary shuttle and complementary full hot breakfast!

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Sacramento!
Inglewood, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

[+]
great location for AMTRAK/old town
frugal price
solid staff
tracey who manages breakfast is friendly & knows the area well
ask her ?s but please TIP HER

[-]
hotel is old but well managed
a bit noisy but you should expect that with this location
breakfast is carb heavy so I just have tea

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
msacoldtown, Front Office Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Old Town, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for your kind review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoy staying with us. Tracey is truly a wonderful person, and invaluable staff member, we are glad you agree. We are currently working on improving our hotel by installing new 46 inch flat screen TVs in all the rooms and replacing the toilets in the rooms.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Sacramento.
Quincy, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I booked at the Vagabond Inn in Old Town as I had an early morning flight and I thought it would be nice to go to Old Town for dinner. Old Town was kind of disappointing but staying at the Vagabond made up for it. Check in with Mayra was a pleasant experience and I had a great night's sleep. The beds are soooo comfortable and the trip to the airport the next morning with Eric was a breeze.On my return I got in late and was picked up promptly at the airport.I was able to catch breakfast the next morning, Tracey singing in the kitchen got my day off to a good start and the breakfast was the best. Dennis took me to the train station. All around, the staff are very friendly, helpful and just plain happy. A joy to be around, I will definately come back. Best hotel experience ever.

Room Tip: Pool side is quieter than parking side
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your singing review! We are delighted to hear that you so enjoyed your stay with us, and that so many of our wonderful staff members were able to improve your experience! Mayra, Eric, Tracey and Dennis are quite delightful, we must agree. And we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Sacramento!
Vacaville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised to find how well maintained this place is. The rooms have a large flat screen TV- it was perfect for the NFL playoffs! The service was excellent. A special "shout out" to Tracey and her sister who worked in the breakfast room. They were extra friendly and entertaining. I love the location; it's a 5 minute walk to Old Sacramento and minutes from many restaurants in downtown. It is worth a stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
msacoldtown, Front Office Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Old Town, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for your kind review! We are elated that you enjoyed your stay with us, and of course Tracey and her sister, two truly wonderful women. We are glad that our new tv's and convenient locations were pleasing to you. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Sacramento.
Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I still can not believe the amazing service we received while staying at the Vagabond Inn in December 13'. The amenities and services were outstanding and we really missed it when staying at other more expensive hotels that offered a whole lot LESS! We could not believe the low price we paid for what we received!

The customer service was amazing, the Lisa & Tracey were great to talk to while having breakfast, front desk staff were always helpful with advice and assisted us without hesitation, our shuttle bus driver (wish I could remember his name) gave us exceptional service beyond his job title, he was such a pleasure to talk to, very funny and cheerful, assisted us with great places to eat & even took us to a laundromat so we could do our washing.

The Vagabond Inn is THE place to stay in Sacramento!

Room Tip: Ambient road noise was the only issue we had, try ask for a room which has the neighbors building bl...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your singing review! We are delighted to hear that you so enjoyed your stay with us, and that so many people were able to improve that for you. We must agree that Lisa & Tracey are wonderful ladies! I will be sharing this review with the staff, I'm sure they will appreciate it as much as I do! We hope we will being seeing you again on your next visit to Sacramento!
Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My recent visit included an updated room with nice bedding, bath and other furnishings. The location was perfect for me- easy walking distance to both Old Sacramento and the Capitol area. Yes, there is a lot of traffic around the hotel. With the door closed on an inside room, I could still hear traffic noises. I am a very light sleeper, so I was concerned. My fix for this was to turn on the "fan only" on the A/C. It worked perfectly and I heard no road noises at all.
The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The 24-hour popcorn, cookies, and coffee/tea in the lobby area was thoughtful. The breakfast was well-supplied and the area clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
msacoldtown, Front Office Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Old Town, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad to hear that you took full advantage of our location, snacks and goodies, complementary hot breakfast, comfortable rooms, friendly staff. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Sacramento.

Been to Vagabond Inn Executive Old Town? Share your experiences!