The Vagabond Inn is an older hotel which has been upgraded and is fairly modern but still shows its' age at times. My room was comfortable and had a referigerator and microwave. The in-room WI-Fi was fast and worked well. The Vagabond is directly across the street from the Amtrak station and it's a short walk to Old Sacramento. Just walk across the street and through the parking garage and you're there. There is a 24 hour coffee shop next door which shares an entrance driveway with the hotel. The off-street parking is fairly secure since anyone entering by car or on foot must pass by the front desk. I never observed any of the "riff-raff" in the parking lot mentioned by another reviewer.
Other reviewers have mentioned the noise from the freeway. The hotel is next to Interstate 5 and the street feeding the on-ramps runs past the north side of the hotel. My room was on the north side and I could hear the traffic at times, but later at night, I only heard an occasional truck rumbling by, and it didn't disturb my sleep. However, if you are a light sleeper, the rooms on the south side might be a bit quieter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vagabond Inn Executive hotel in Sacramento (Old Town) is located just off I-5 and a half block from Old Town Sacramento. From here you can walk to the Capitol, Crocker Art Museum, and Downtown Plaza. Our Old Town hotel is only minutes to the Sacramento Zoo, Fort Sutter and outdoor recreation activities in the Sacramento Area. Our hotel in Old town Sacramento serves a daily, complimentary, continental breakfast, and free wireless internet. At the end of a long day take a swim in our pool, soak in our spa, get in a work out in our fitness room or watch cable TV with HBO. For business travelers, our Business Friendly rooms have ample work space and a large TV with remote control. We also have rooms that are handicap accessible. Please inquire with the hotel about availability. For your added convenience, the free high speed Internet is available in all rooms. There is a restaurant on the premises and a complimentary shuttle to Sacramento International Airport, train and bus stations. Great value, friendly people- it's how we do things. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vagabond Inn Executive Old Town Hotel Sacramento
- Vagabond Hotel Sacramento
- Vagabond Hotel Executive Old Town