“Comfortable Stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Sacramento, California
“Comfortable Stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I made reservation and got what we expected; rooms were nice, clean and comfortable bed. Hotel is located at the right spot, not very far from the movie theaters going south and the city going north. We enjoyed scenery at old Sacramento and dinner at “Fire house” and breakfast at our hotel – they serve “hot” make yourself waffles , cakes, juice, cereal and all those continental goodies. Employees were nice as one of them recommend me to No. 1 buffet located close by. Will return … and recommended.

Room Tip: Makes reservations directly at the hotel so you can talk to the hotel guys rather then going some th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Clean, affordable and fairly quite. The exterior of hotel could use same cleanup. Willprobably stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

The people at the desk could not speak english, there was smoking in non-smoking rooms, guests was smoking in the hallways. The worst was the pool. It was smaller than a bathtub. The pictures at the website shows a nice big pool, it was not.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I has been a long time since my last visit to Super 8s. Motel 6s are my style but I decided to move up in the world and booked at room at Super 8 Sacramento. OK, a quick friendly check in; very nice king sized bed with four pillows; more room than I can use; fridge and micro--nice touch. I could get use to this. Overall, impressive for what I paid for. I will be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Many of the pros and cons of this "budget" chain are so well-known, no need to repeat the general ones. This property is convenient for people on their way to South Tahoe and who would want to get mostly through Sacramento before heading into cute-old-restored-gold-mining-town territory. Good things: mini-refrigerator, microwave, WiFi included in room rate, plenty of hot water in a strong shower, and the best anyone could expect in a breakfast selection, including one of those waffle machines you rotate by yourself. Less good things: the WiFi had limited bandwidth and wasn't very strong; the toilet was blocked before we used it; and there is nothing at all attractive about the location of the property. The common areas could have used a good cleaning. The room price seemed to be higher than similar properties in similar areas. But overall, no real problems and I would stay there again--if I ever planned to be in that area again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I had a two week service job at Sacramento downtown and I needed to find a hotel nearby. Like everyone else who stays at budget hotels, I had some bad experience in the past. I found this Super 8 from Tripadvisor, and it easily exceeded my expectations. first of all, the room was very quiet. I don't know if because I was staying on the third floor, but I heard no noises from other guests or from the roads. I also like the fact that the room had both fridge and microwave as well as a very fast Wi-Fi connection. The bed was big and comfortable and room service privided new clean sheets everyday. Plus, a Denny's, a Chinese restaurant and a Mexican restaurant are all walking distance. For me, this is where I am going to stay whenever I am in Sacramento. Thanks, Super 8.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

This place is clean and well-kept. I was afraid the given the price I paid, I wasn’t sure what I would get. To my surprise, I got a great room. The king one bedroom was very quiet and everything worked! For dinner, I walked to IHOP and checked out the local mall. Everything was new there. I saw a security guard during the night time. I wouldn’t stay anywhere there wasn’t a security guard. There are so many low life junkies breaking into cars now these days. If all budget hotels were like this, they would put Holiday Inn Expresses and Hampton Inns out of business. Overall, excellent stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Motel Florin Road? Share your experiences!