“Very Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Taylorsville, United States
“Very Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Traveling alone for business I felt very safe and comfortable. The sleep I got was better than I get at home...... I was very happy to see how the hotel does it's part to conserve energy and water. More hotels should pay attention.....

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
SAN MATEO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed here for a recent annual conference at the Sacramento Convention Center, about 5 miles away. I recommend the premium Internet service if you need to do anything more than just read your email. Also this is close to a freeway, so ask for a room on the opposite side. The facility is nice and staff was friendly and helpful whenever I asked a question. Room was comfortable and had a variety of cable TV selections.

Henderson, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I travel frequently and am a Diamond Hilton member. I reserved this property as I had a conference in downtown Sacramento and the hotel offered a $99/night rate which is excellent for a Hilton property. The hotel is located right off of the I-80 business route and access to downtown is quick and easy. The Arden Fair Mall is less than a mile away with restaurants and shops available. The location of this property is very good. The parking is outdoor with a gate - $9/day is not bad for parking in a major city in California and it wasn't raining, so no issues there. I arrived at around 9:30pm on a Friday evening and the hotel agent was very friendly. I asked if an upgrade was available and was accommodated with a room on the Executive Level. (I've found you have to ask for your benefits in a lot of these places in order to get them). I did get my bottles of water and a breakfast and appetizer voucher for my duration of stay.

The room was standard Hilton - it is an older property, but maintained well - no issues. I did notice that the 'Executive Lounge' on the 12th floor was unavailable - this lounge is a major selling point for the executive floor, so it was a little disappointing to me. My room also had a balcony; however, it was not a private balcony and at night all of the lights in the balcony are automatically turned on, which requires closing the blinds in order to get some sleep. I prefer to leave at least the sheers open as I like to wake up to the daylight, but this room made it impossible. If you like the blinds closed anyway, this shouldn't be a problem for you.

I had lunch in the bar/lounge on Saturday afternoon. The bartender/waiter there was very friendly and attentive and the food and drink was fine. It was on Sunday morning, my final day at the hotel, where I had my poor experience which resulted in the 2-circle rating for me. I entered the Harvard Grill where breakfast was being served and the waiter immediately seated me. When I handed him my free buffet coupon, he gave me a smug look and that was the last time I saw him until I left the dining room. Clearly he assumed he wouldn't be getting a tip even though I always tip for good service, even if the meal was free. I noticed on the menu that a hot breakfast buffet was available for $16. This was what my coupon would allow me so I was looking forward to the buffet. I walked into a very cramped buffet room with silver trays full of processed eggs and unappetizing sausages and bacon. The bread section had only white bread with 3 drawers missing. Another customer asked the gentleman behind the counter if there were any bagels available and his response was very reactionary and rude as if he didn't want anybody talking to him. This was a very disappointing experience and I was going to mention it to my waiter; however, he never once stopped by my table to ask how my food was or if I needed anything. I had to flag him down to ask if I had to sign anything and his response was "you have a coupon, so no." I did not leave a tip.

I then loaded my car and went to the front desk to check out and one of the managers there asked me how my stay was. Unfortunately for her, I had a fresh experience to share with her. She was very nice and apologized. If I had paid $16 for that experience, I would have been extremely unhappy. Breakfast is an important factor for me when choosing where to stay. The eggs reminded me of the processed eggs that are served at Hampton Inns. At least that breakfast is included in the price. I have had much better experiences at other Hilton properties so I was extremely disappointed in this one. I am currently writing this review at a Hilton Garden Inn (Reno) where the service is always fantastic and the breakfast is cooked-to-order by an actual omelet chef. There is a DoubleTree on Arden just down the road from this property. The next time I am in Sacramento, that is where I will go.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money on the "Executive Floor" as the lounge is not in service. Also...
IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Not a bad property- older with decent renovation, newer furniture. Staff friendly and welcoming. Was acknowledged at check in that I was Diamond, and that I had not stayed at the property before. Was provided with free internet code, but no room on concierge floor, no mention of access to concierge lounge or location, no mention of breakfast benefit. No upgrade either, but that is typical unless you specifically ask for it.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Sami Q, General Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear 190trav,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. As a Hilton Honors Diamond member you are a very valued guest. We make every attempt to upgrade based on availability, although this is not always possible. Regardless, we still offer benefits to our Diamond members even if we were unable to upgrade the room, and this should have been explained to you. I hope that you will continue to choose Hilton and give us another opportunity to serve you in Sacramento.
Anaheim, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I got in a day early, on purpose. Found they had no day spa or salon. I would have had to go off premises. Their bell staff acted as concierge, and had very little clue about where such services were located in the area. Minor malfunction in the room was very swiftly fixed, and netted me a free trip to the breakfast buffet. Enjoyed their biscuits with jam. The staff were very friendly.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Dear weasel02,
Thank you for choosing the Hilton for your recent visit to Sacramento. I appreciate your feedback and will be working with our staff to be able to accommodate those inquires with confidence. I am glad to hear that your enjoyed the breakfast and thank you for your kind words about our staff. We hope that you will join us again in the future should your travels bring you back to Sacramento.
San Ardo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stay at this Hilton at least once a year for a conference. When we vacation we look for the Hilton name too. We can count on clean, quiet rooms and good food and excellent service. The lobby and rooms are very tastefully decorated.

Dear Dorothy J E,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your kind words and look forwarded to welcoming you back again next year!
pnjaban
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was here for a convention. Everything was clean and in good repair, prompt service. The banquet food was ok at dinner, not my favorite at lunch. My only suggestion would be to have the coffee stand open all day; it closes at 11:30, leaving very few dining choices at off hours.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear pnjaban,
Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with us through Trip Advisor. Although the coffee cart is only open in the morning, we always have a dining option and coffee available in one of our outlet throughout the day. We hope you will consider joining us again in the future.

Been to Hilton Sacramento Arden West? Share your experiences!