“Hilton Sacrmaneto Areden West January 2015” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
BED AND BREAKFAST
Ranked #26 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Reno, Nevada
“Hilton Sacrmaneto Areden West January 2015”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I called the hotel to book a room and it took the reservationist forever to find the group I was with. I had to give her 3 different last names of people in the group before she could even find the group booking code and information. She was very slow and not very helpful.

Upon arrival I had to get a parking ticket to be abler to get into the property plus pay $9 per day for parking. When I got to my room it smelled horrible. Sort of like musty or the fact that someone had been smoking in the room and they were trying to mask the smoke smell with some horrible smelling air freshener. The door did not close behind me and therefore it did not lock. I had to pull the door closed and make sure it was locked whenever I left and entered my room. They also have that new electronic light in the entry way and the heat control as well. It was not very convenient to have to put my room key in the card reader when I opened my door so the light would turn on and then have to leave it there to control the temp in the room. What a hassle. The extra blanket that was in a plastic bag in the closet was dirty and smelled.

The food that was served for lunch, boxed lunch, was not good. The bread was soggy for the sandwich and it was not very fresh. Not a very filling meal. Dinner was salad, main meal and dessert. The dinner rolls were hard and dry, there was not enough salad dressing on the table, the beef was undercooked, there was some sort of "hot sauce" that had been placed around the outside of the food on the plate, the coffee was very strong and the wait staff pre set the water and did not use food service gloves and there hands were on the area around the rim of the water glasses. That was unsanitary to say the least. The best part of dinner was the dessert. The bar drinks are expensive.

Upon checkout, I informed the front desk staff about the room problems. The king size bed was comfortable. Overall the weekend there was not what I expected and I will not stay there again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Truckee, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This property is one of the better in this area of Sacramento. It has a recently remodeled bar area which is nice. The rooms are a bit dated and the beds are not the best, but overall the stay was as expected. Room was quiet and I was happy they had security in the parking lot all night long.

Stayed January 2015
Summer A, Front Office Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear TruckeeTroutTraveler,
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Yreka, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I came into a lil extra cash so thought it would be nice to travel into the City with my 2 boys, stay in a hotel, go shopping at Arden Fair and catch dinner and some movies. Mini vacay so to speak. I booked a room with 2 beds. Now mind you, I have stayed at this Hilton before for business. This time? Somehow the beds shrunk! They didn't even fit the width of the headboards! This was insane to try and fit two grown people on one bed. It was a full/ double apparently which really looked like a glorified twin. My boys play football so they are husky. Now, the beds were (as expected) quite comfortable- I just LOVE Hilton Linens- and rooms were quiet and there are always good toiletries and coffee service. I just couldn't get over how small the beds were. Staff was VERY pleasant and very helpful to find the movie theater and a place for breakfast the next day. I don't like that they have closed off parking and now charge $9 a night to self park. I also didn't like that I could not EXIT the parking lot without ringing the button to have them lift the arm. I used my parking card, my room card- nothing worked to lift the arm.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Dear rmdy_64,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that your overall stay was a good one and thank you for the kind words about the staff. We hope you will join us again in the future should your travels bring you back to the area.
Danville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I traveled and stayed for 45 days and Stayed in Room 1213 .Mr Shelby Johnson is the person you need to know, and another person is Mr. Halley, both of them made my stay comfortable and very pleasant without them I would be lost being a Life Time Diamond Member. I also like to thank Mr.Sullivan. Food and Beverage Staff were very nice, they went out of the way to services me. Make sure you say Hello to Mr. Sami , who is General Manager and excellent Host.The breakfast was amazing and they have a very nice assortment of anything you could possible want. This experience alone makes the stay worth it. Overall, great experience, great location, great staff and definitely worth a return visit! Oh! I forgot to thanks best House Keeping staff Ms. Tina .V. Thanks “Traditional hotel was a palace in its day” Thanks Mr Shelby Johnson.

Room Tip: Room 1213- Very Quite with Balcony.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear Manghirmalani,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear you were please with your visit. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and thank you for your continued loyalty to Hilton.
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We wanted fun and we found it! We checked in late in the afternoon of the hotel and immediately got ready for dinner prior to the huge party they were having that evening (we had purchased our tickets through PGuild NYE earlier). We returned from an excellent dinning experience (see my review about the Cheesecake Factory) and suited up for the party already in progress in the ballroom and adjacent areas around the ground floor.
We checked in and was quickly provided wrist bands and drink tickets... Excellent Party! We stayed until 1:00 am.
The service and accommodations provided by this Hilton were very good. They provided free parking for the festive evening and security outside the hotel (parking lot) was excellent. All staff employees were very helpful and professional. We had a great stay. The room was clean, roomy, and comfortable. Thank you for a wonderful New Year's Eve and morning.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear saf-t-guy,
Thank you for joining us on New Year’s Eve. I am happy to hear that your stay was a great one and that you had such a wonderful time at the event. We hope you will join us again next year or anytime you are in the Sacramento area.
San francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at the Hilton Arden Way for a lacrosse tournament about 20 minutes away. I was very pleasantly surprised. Rooms were nice, clean, quiet and comfortable. Good breakfast and bar. We did not have dinner at the restaurant. Good location close to the highway but also close to the Arden Fair Mall and Cal Expo. We happened to arrive on July 4th and went to the fireworks at the Cal Expo. It was a fantastic fireworks show, music. Had a team dinner at the nearby Elephant Bar restaurant which was good and a lot of fun.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear winecountrytravel,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip Advisor. We appreciate your business and hope you will join us again in the future should your travels bring you back to Sacramento.
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hilton on New Year's Eve as part of a package deal that included live bands, DJ, overnight accomomdations, and a breakfast buffet the next morning. The event was great - lots of dancing and fun but the best part was after celebrating, the farthest we had to travel was the elevator to our room. Our hotel room was great; all things done right as you'd expect from Hilton. A perfect end to a perfect evening. Safe and fun and a great breakfast the next morning. We'd definitely do it again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear VictoriaB928,
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Sacramento to ring in the New Year. I am happy you had a wonderful time and we hope you will join us again in the near future!

Been to Hilton Sacramento Arden West? Share your experiences!