“Meh. It's Sacramento” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Fresno
“Meh. It's Sacramento”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

OK place to stay for business. It is located right off the freeway exit which is convenient. There is a major mall and a Cheesecake factory about a mile away on Arden. Sacramento area has an awkward geography so getting lost around the hotel is nothing special.

It is on the edge of a warehouse, light industry district so you are not going for a walk around here.

Our room on the 9th floor toward the rear of the building was spacious with a small window overlooking the swimming pool below, the warehouses in the middle distance and mountains on the horizon.

The restaurant in the hotel serves very good breakfast with excellent service. Otherwise the staff were nice enough.

The bathtub in 929 was extremely gross and should be ripped out and replaced immediately.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Summer A, Front Office Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Robert A,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for pointing out the aspects of the hotel that you have found to be convenient and enjoyable. I also appreciate your feedback about your guest room; your comments will be shared with our whole team as we are continually striving to maintain and improve our product. I hope you will join us again in the future should your travels bring you back to Sacramento.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Stockton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This hotel is in a convenient location. It's close to the freeway and Arden Mall. The rooms are large and clean. I especially like the Executive Lounge as I am always acknowledged and welcomed by employees.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Dear Beverly Y,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear your stay was a great one and that you enjoyed the welcoming environment that our employees strive to provide. I hope you will join us again in the near future.
Prineville, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed 4 nights at this Hilton and now I wonder what I was thinking. I should have switched hotels after the first night.

Location: After I checked in, I told my co-workers where I was staying and they all at once said It is not safe to walk in the area. Whatever I did, just get in the car in the parking lot and drive to my destination.

The Lobby: The Lobby is nice I will give it that.
The Staff: The staff was very nice.

The rooms: There lays the problem.
Even on the concierge level, where I stayed, rooms sucked (and I tried two different rooms).
The first night the heater in my room made so much noise I couldn't have a conversation on the phone. FYI, you have to insert your room card in a slot in the wall and leave it there for the heater to work. The rug at the threshold of the bathroom was noticeably frayed and worn leaving an inch off sub floor showing. The sheet on my bed had a stain (ick!). The tap water was disgusting so I opted for the bottled water in the room. $7 a bottle! What? I should have ask before drank! I ask to be moved the next day.

The second day the front desk said if I packed my suitcase they would move my belongings to a new room while I was at work. I got back to the hotel that evening and they had not assigned me a room, let alone moved my suitcase. The only room available was a handicapped room on the concierge floor. I took it and they dragged my bag from back of the desk so I could drag it to my room.

The heater in my new room worked for about 20 minutes, then never again (even with the my room card inserted over and over again.) The rug at the threshold of the bathroom was noticeably frayed and worn…again. My sheets were clean, but the stain had moved to the lounge chair. There were several indentations on the floor under the rug. You couldn’t see them but they were very noticeable when I stepped on them. I stayed in that room the rest of the stay because I gave up hope on anything better. I didn't fall for the water trick again though.

The food in the Concierge Lounge.
I know they want you to think it's free, but even it was, fried Mac and Cheese? Really? Each night there was some kind of frozen snack maybe warmed in the microwave. Night one was fried tiny rolled tortillas, with specks of hamburgerish stuff inside. Next night, Fried Mac and Cheese. Another night tiny fried cheese pockets. You get the idea. There was a tray of very worn out vegetables every night. You know the kind, limp celery and carrot sticks, some sort of warm pickled cauliflower that had turned yellow, a stray sweet pickle, and a couple olives rolling around. They did have a nice cheese plate if you got there early. If you didn't get there early, most everything was gone. They didn't' seem to replenish much but the frozen snack maybe warmed in the microwave.

No free drinks here. Wine was $7 a half glass! It was cheaper to go to the bar. Go figure.

All in all, it was sort of disgusting, disappointing, and depressing.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Summer A, Front Office Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Beth G,
Thank you for your candor in your review. I apologize that your stay with us was not a great experience. I appreciate your comments and they will be shared with our entire team. I appreciate you pointing out that our staff was very nice as our goal is to provide the best customer service possible. As for the condition of the rooms you mentioned above it will be addressed as we take our guests feedback very seriously. I will also be sharing your comments with our new Chef to help with some of the choices of food in the concierge lounge. In addition I am sorry we did not follow up on providing you a new room, we will be using this as a training tool so this situation does not occur again. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to serve you. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed at this Hilton for a conference and we ate dinner and breakfast at the restaurant. The food was outstanding. The staff was attentive, friendly and very accommodating for our young children. The dessert was amazing too. Definitely will be back to eat and sleep there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Deay ayoung328,
Thank you for your wonderful review! I am so happy to hear your stay was a great one! Thank you for choosing the Hilton Sacramento and for dining in the Harvard Street Grill. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We traveled back home to Sacramento from Oklahoma to get married, had a reception for 30 friends and family and the Hilton knocked it out of the park. Thanks Jenny, we loved it. Everthing was perfect, the staff perfect and the service overall was truly great. Thank you for everything you did.

Room Tip: Just enjoy!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Dan K,
Thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor and congratulations on your marriage! I am so happy to hear that your experience with us was perfect! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future should your travels bring you back to the area and we wish you both a happy life together!
Concord, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were treated well, and the room was much larger and spacious than expected. Food products, both OTC and café, were over-priced, almost equal to room-service rates. Advice: eat out. Parking is $9/day, but can be bargained down (day parking is $4).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Owen M,
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Sacramento Arden West. I am happy to hear that your overall stay was a great one, and that the staff treated you well. I appreciate your feedback about the menu pricing and parking, your comments will be shared with our executive committee. We hope you will join us again in the future and thank you for reviewing us through Trip Advisor.
Lincoln, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

First stay the week of 3/23. Was given a room with no working air conditioning. Was repaired but told it has to always run can't turn it off. No compensation or change of rooms offered. Not even recognized as a HH Diamond Member. Returned the week of 4/6 (against my better judgement) given another room, this time on the HHoners Floor but again no working air conditioning. Waited over 30-mins for repair, finally went back down to front desk to demand another room.

Was abandoned by clerk only to be helped by another clerk 5- mins later who offered me another room but "unfortunately its not the same level or quality of room you had as you don't want that room". Who wants a room without working air conditioning? Provided a room lower than what reserved with working air conditioning but now the toilet is clogged and does not work.

Was offered a comp for the night by the manager and meaningless apology. When I advised this was unacceptable Manager became defensive as I would not accept the free night. I wanted a room I reserved, in clean working order. Apparently could not provide and when a guest refuses a free movie they become defensive. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND POOR FACILITIES!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel in the area, you'll be glad you did!
Dear Travel4MeNE,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very sorry to hear your stay did not meet or exceed your expectations. I can assure you that this is not custom of our property and our staff. According to your review it did appear as though we tried to compensate you for your inconveniences, I apologize if they were not to your liking I would ask for you to please contact us so we can review your account. Regardless, as a Diamond Hilton Honors member you are one of our most valued guest and we are truly sorry that your experience here was not stellar. I hope you would consider trying us again in the future and have a wonderful weekend.

Been to Hilton Sacramento Arden West? Share your experiences!