I stayed here one night in late February 2013. This was my first visit to this location as my go-to locations at Homewood Suites and Residence Inn did not have Government Rate available for my stay.
I had a nice corner room on the 8th floor away from the freeway. Even though it was near the rear elevators I didn't hear a thing. As a Diamond Member I had access to the Concierge Level and appetizers and dessert at night and breakfast in the morning. I also had free internet.
1. Room though slightly dated was very large and very comfortable. Only downside was when the heater/air came on in the middle of the night it was noticeable. Bed was very nice, couch was a nice touch and TV was HD with a clear picture. Safe in room was also appreciated.
2. Staff from Front desk to Concierge room to Housekeepers were all very friendly and professional.
3. Less then 10 minutes to downtown Sacramento with much lower room rates.
1. Parking $9.00. While this doesn't seem like much especially compared to downtown hotels at least there you can street park it. Here it is $9.00 with no option to park anywhere else in the area and have your car there in the morning. I know it is a revenue thing, but to my knowledge no other hotel in the Arden area charges for parking.
2. Non-Diamond or Gold (?) doesn't get you breakfast or free internet. In today's day and age, I consider non-free internet (even though it is free for me) a con.
3. Fitness room, two Precor machines and a few free weights. Nothing to write home about.
4. I assume most people have a car but if you don't it is a long walk to the mall and restaurants.
I would stay here again with the caveats I mentioned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Sacramento Arden West Hotel is a full-service Sacramento hotel centrally located in the Sacramento Point West Marketplace. Perfectly located, our hotel in Sacramento has everything within reach with Downtown Sacramento just a quick 4 mile drive away. Providing comfort and luxury to each of our visitors, the Hilton Sacramento is the only full-service, high-rise Hilton hotel in Sacramento. Our Sacramento hotel also offers both business and leisure travelers outstanding accommodations and superior service for an excellent stay in Sacramento, California.Our 100% non-smoking hotel features many amenities for your convenience, including Starbucks Coffee, a complimentary shuttle service to and from the Arden Fair Mall, high-speed wireless Internet access (fees apply), an outdoor pool and deck area with lounge seating, and a modern Fitness. We also provide an onsite gift shop, 18,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, and an open atrium dining area. For our Executive Guests, our Concierge Level features an exclusive lounge area offering complimentary continental breakfast, evening hors d'oeuvres, and late night sweets (Mon-Thu). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Sacramento Arden West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sacramento Arden West Hotel Sacramento
- Hilton Hotel Sacramento
- Sacramento Hilton