“A Great Hilton Hotel experience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
STATE FAIR PACKAGE 2014
Ranked #26 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Arizona
“A Great Hilton Hotel experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stayed here for two nights in July. I was very surprised! We travel frequently and have elite status with Hilton, as well as the other major chains.

I cant say enough about the excellent customer service from Melissa, the front office manager. She took care of everything for us. They had a refrigerator in our room (a bigger and better one than you find at most hotels), a small fan too, even though the a/c was of an older variety that allows you to set it below the usual 65 degrees. A real plus for a cold freak like me!

The breakfast buffet matched any in this country and internationally, with fresh fruit, custom omelet bar, greek yogurt, and yes, fresh cold cuts like turkey, cheese...perfect for making your own lunch.

The upscale bathrooms have two granite counter toppped sinks. What a wonderful modern lobby and two big flat screen TVs in the open setting lounge area.

Great bed too, plus a great value comapared to downtown hotel. I recommend this so much that we almost returned after having checked out!

Stay here and you too will be very impressed. One of the best Hiltons. As I mentioned, we were Diamond status for years and now are Gold, so we know our Hiltons.

Room Tip: We faced north for little PM sun.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Brad B, General Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your experience with other travelers. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and how Melissa took care of your pre-arrival requests. Thank you for your comments on the breakfast buffet. I will make sure and share your comments with Melissa and the rest of the Hilton staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sacramento Arden West in the future.

318 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

A very large but nice hotel. Check in was quick and efficient. Very nice room on the executive floor. Workout facilities were verynice. Service in the executive lounge was excellent. My only complaint was my invite to the executive floor lounge - it said "Alcoholic beverages are available at a nominal charge." There was nothing nominal about the charges - they were more than I would pay at most places. $5 for a bottle of beer and $7 for a small glass of wine that was not very good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased that you were happy with your accommodations, fitness center and service in the concierge lounge. I am sorry you were disappointed in the alcoholic beverage pricing in the concierge lounge. I will personally review and make necessary adjustments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sacramento Arden West on your next trip to Sacramento.

Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed here for one night. This is mostly a business hotel, so weekends have the best rates, but also come with wedding receptions, large parties, etc. Such was the case when I stayed. I had a room on the 11th floor, so noise wasn't an issue, but parking was. Best to arrive early and nab a space. If you leave for dinner, you may return and find little to no parking. The parking lot located behind the property is isolated.

Staff was attentive, courteous and professional. Didn't try the restaurant or room service. Workout center is good and pool area is nice, but can get overrun at times.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, away from the freeway side.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Brad B, General Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your experience with other travelers. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do many local functions and do have plenty of lighted parking spaces for events and hotel overnight guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sacramento Arden West in the future.

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We spent one night at the Hilton as we were traveling through on a road trip to Orange County. The hotel is the typical Hilton experience - friendly staff, nice, clean, and very quiet. The hotel is tucked away in what looks like a business park. There are no restaurants or shops within walking distance, but it is a quick drive to the mall and several restaurants. We had our dog with us and for $50 we were able to have her stay in our room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brad B, General Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback from your recent stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We also offer complimentary transportation to the mall and area restaurants which many guests take advantage of. If your future travels bring you back to Sacramento we hope you will choose the Hilton Arden West. Again, thank you for your feedback.

California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Our travel was from Reno, Tahoe and Sacramento. Among the hotels, this was the one we didn't worry about being a famous hotel chain. The rate was perfect at about $40+ on a weekday. Check-in was a breeze. The room looked great with a nice flat screen tv, coffee maker, safe and an ice machine on the floor.

Bad stuff: the water coming out of the faucet was yellow so we called the desk and advised us to just turn it on for a while. Even the shower was giving us dirty water. I had to take a shower so my husband assured me it's gone now and clean. When I pulled one of the towels it smelled like smoke it was disgusting. We were only staying for 1 night so we were more forgiving. We woke up to a note from the manager that they are still having water heater problems and we won't have hot water for a while! This time, my husband was really upset so he called and inquired again. Eventually about 9am, they had the hot water back on. Next was no newspaper when we saw some rooms had it :-( Internet here was also expensive. The parking has big signs of warning against car thieves. Overall if it's just one night? I guess it's ok. I will definitely try other hotels next time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback from your recent stay. We are truly sorry about your experience. We did have a boiler that malfunctioned creating a problem with the hot water to the guestrooms. There was a short period that we had to shut the water off to reset the boiler. This created a problem with the color of water coming out of the faucet and shower. We always attempt to be up front and honest about any issues that might affect our guests. We apologize that this information was not communicated to you properly. Our hotel is a non smoking hotel so I am not sure what the issue was with the towels. I will address this with our Executive Housekeeper. The signs in the parking lot are to advise guests as a safety precaution. We hope you’ll give us a second chance if you return to the area. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of any further assistance to you. I can be reached at 916-604-3525 or at brad_boland@hilton.com. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Fort Calhoun, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed on business a couple of times thanks to rates as low as a Hampton. Arden west is kind of the sticks downtown although there is plenty of restaurants nearby. Not as convenient to SMF as Natomas. Parking is ample but somewhat of a hike. Check in acceptable, service acceptable, rooms acceptable but a bit small. This appears to be a refurbished property. Did not try the restaurant or room service. The Hilton Honors exec lounge was remodeled and very nice. Overall average for a full service Hilton. Not bad, but about average for the flagship brand.

• Stayed September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback from your recent stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and liked the Hilton Honors lounge. While we are not close to downtown we do have a variety of restaurants in the area as you mentioned along with the Arden Fair Mall. If your future travels bring you back to Sacramento we hope you will choose the Hilton Arden West. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

First thing is, don't want to sound like I'm crying for nothing. But lets start with the service. Jason the bartender at the Cameo Grill, was the only plus. As far as the rest of this dump, that is situated in the middle of nowhere. The gym is sub par at best, as the pool and jacuzzi are also. I am staying with a group from work. The hotel knew how many of us were coming, however, somehow I was placed in a room without a refrigerator in it. Now I'm here for two weeks, you knew I was coming and I'm told that I might get one sometime this week. Called the corporate office who proceeded to tell the same thing, with the same attitude that Julie at the front desk gave me. Not to mention I'm a Hilton Honors member. Don't sign up for that either. Listen, again, don't want to whine. But the attitude from mike duong from the corporate office was unexceptable. Stains on the rugs in room & hallways, internet connection out of wall lying on the floor. He asked me, "what, would u like us to buy another fridge?". My answer to Mr. & Ms. Hilton is, YES. I WOULD. WHAT, CAN'T AFFORD A FRIDGE FOR PEOPLE WHO STAY FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME. STAY AWAY!!!!!!! DO YOURSELF A BIG FAVOR. OH, P.S. U EVER HERE OF A PROTEIN SHAKE. Listen, when your miles from a store, maybe have more than a Coke machine & a few small shelves of nothing.

Room Tip: Don't get One!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our hotel. We truly apologize that you were not happy with your stay. We did have large groups in during the month of June. We do have refrigerators available for guest use. There are times that we do not have enough due to the types of groups in-house. We do follow up on guest requests and try to ensure that all of our guests needs are meet, especially those that are with us for an extended period of time. While we don’t have shops and restaurants next door to the hotel, we do have the Arden Fair Mall within 1 mile of the hotel. We offer complimentary transportation to the mall and other stores which many guests take advantage of for shopping and utilization of the Restaurants.

Again, we absolutely apologize for the experience you had while staying at our hotel. Our team does care about the well-being and best service to our guests. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of any further assistance to you. I can be reached at 916-604-3525 or at brad_boland@hilton.com. Again, thank you for your feedback.